Live Update Bugs 01/16/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Camping out recently to char select I am often taken to server select instead and when I try to log back in it tells me I have an active char. :rolleyes: Seems chars are not camping out correctly and are crashing instead of camping
    mehtsenob likes this.
  2. Zekzerk New Member

Mearatas: The Stone Demesne has a bug in the middle of the zone. Like 4 different names spawn without any Place Holders needing to be killed. Sometimes the names will instantly respawn with 0 time in between. Is this working as intended? It seems like a huge bug.
  3. Morthakia Augur

I had this problem but realized that I did indeed get the achievements, they just didn’t register in the /achievement window until after I had camped out and come back into the game. The rest of the group got it normally but I was the quest requester and the one who said “Grieving Soul Scent” after the mission was won. Not sure if these were the reason for the bug.
  4. Morthakia Augur

Not sure this was intended but I do think it should be changed as it is basically quick / consistent free loot, including T3 Lamps. Basically there are four named that spawn randomly in the center of the zone (with no adds or placeholders). If a named remains up for ~15 or so minutes without being killed, the moment it is killed another named (with more loot) appears in the center. Essentially the respawn timer continues to tick down even while a mob is up.

This has made this camp essentially the most popular camp on my server as long as people can reach it. And with the ability to fellowship people into the zone and bypass progression, anyone can reach it without playing the expansion.
  5. Jalelorf Augur

I got the achievements checked after logging and coming back. Problem is the rewards aren't granted for the accomplishments. To top it off one of the rewards are the Heroic AA's which I am now short on and cannot get back because I can't accomplish those achievements a second time.
  6. Monkman Augur

You got the rewards. You just don’t get the reward box pop up. Double check your hero AA.

I had the same problem and assumed like you I missed out on the hero AA reward for fight fire but after relogging it was there
  7. Wyrdrune New Member

There are quite a few people on the test server who daily report being unable to scribe spells in the mid-70s range. Despite being of the proper level and class, and not already having the spell scribed, they continue to get the ‘You cannot learn this ability’ error message. This has happened across the majority of classes.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That is what I made it. That may not be the correct achievement.

yes. That is my fundamental error.

We did not manage to fix the bug with the reward item links.
    I'll look into these (I think they were made by the person making achievements so I'm not familiar with them)
  9. Zekzerk New Member

Ngreth, can you please confirm whether the spawns in the center room of
    Mearatas: The Stone Demesne are working as intended with no PHs only names and names sometimes spawning instantly as one dies?
  10. Deathly Elder

This has become very annoying I would love to see a strat that lets you beat this now that you can not kill the Tumbling Rocks and they do not despawn after the ground mobs are dead.. If the platforms are not safe, it is impossible as the Tumbling Rocks have no pattern and move around the room way to fast. Plus to down a Mob that leash's before the Tumbling Rocks are on top of the platform your killing on, is highly unlikely.

On a side note: Every time a platform mob is killed you get thrown off it, typically right into the Tumbling Rock's. Very bad design as now it is random (x4) to get the achievement.
    Thunderkiks and Yinla like this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

From what I have read most if not all of the suspect spells are from the Buried Sea expansion.
  12. Cannikin Elder

Did Trial of Three just now. I killed all 3 bosses (I have screenshots), then I took a minute to recover cause of DoTs and such, so I didn't move to the chest right away. It reset me for being inactive after 1 minute, no loot, no lockout.

There should not be a reset timer after all 3 are dead. It was like that before the patch, but you could still go back to the chest after it reset you. Now you still get reset, but you just get nothing.
  13. zarcal Elder

Bertoxx server, live -- alt mage dinged 74 and attempted to scripe Iceflame Body (-- you are not able to learn this skill)

the yellow scribing line does move like it should but then message.
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

Folded Silkfang Pack
    or the unfolded version:

right click with mouse on folded silkbag kicks EQ-client without error message.
    Tested on complete new pure eq installation on another system without any changes.
    Metanis likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Palace of Embers from Great Sky Ocean in Stratos

All Consuming Sound (in Aalishai) seems to be a bit OTT for damage harder hitting isn't too bad it is his AE and Dot combined which is causing issues. The person needing the kill died from the dot just as the named died and didn't get the update. There doesn't appear to be another way to spawn the named after getting the update to summon it other than having to start the quest from the start.

Any chance of adding a mechanic to be able to spawn the named again for anyone dying on this part of the quest and/or toning down the damage output so people don't die to the last part of the quest. Having to restart the quest from scratch is a pain.
  16. Nniki Augur

Relic Raider mission. # symbol.

Iron Heart shouts, 'So, you are the beasts that killed #Battleworn Obelisk. You should know that there must always be a keeper of the relics. I have been chosen, and so I must destroy you.'
  17. Kiras Augur

18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Fight Fire (stratos Mission) locouts appear broken.

Friend had boots rotting so I went and looted them, afterwards the group did the final hail to finish the mission and we all got booted to PoKnowledge.

I recieved no loot lockout for looting the boots nor a lockout/task timer for completing the mission.
  19. Kiadan Dakine Journeyman

Ubiquitous "Instances are Broken" Sunday 1/20/2019 at 1054h.
    In related news - we (Primal Brood) did some group content in Mearatas last night since we couldn't raid-was kinda fun.
    These 8 day lifetime of Test than it begins imploding on itself sucks. Sorry.
  20. Drewie Augur

Auspicious Elder Wood Plank has an extra space in its name between Auspicious and Elder.