Test Update 01/08/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Natal Augur

You don't know what the data is because you are making a lot of assumptions that are not correct, such as the number of people playing now versus then, the number of mobs killed and the value of the objects in question, all of which are different.

There is no way that the number of mobs being killed in TBL is anywhere remotely close to EoK. You are talking about challenging yellow cons compared to trivial low blues. Stuff that takes most of a group versus stuff that could be killed solo with a merc. That has a huge impact of the global kill rate. There are a lot fewer people playing now than back then as well.

Also, people are much less likely to be linking a item that might have been highly desirable in EoK, but is considerably less so now. People are putting these things on their alts instead of selling them in chat, because it mostly is not worth the real time spent trying to find a buyer. No doubt some people still do it, but for the average player they are far more likely to go "ho hum" now, when in EoK they would have been going "OMG!".

The rare loot tables are the same, which means that the number of kills is just lower, contrary to what you are assuming.
  2. svann Augur

cite required. iirc that isnt exactly what he said.
  3. Hickers Elder

Congratulations. You accuse me of making a load of incorrect assumptions, then fill your reply with a load of your own assumptions. Which I assume are all correct? Guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Agreed?

Aside from that, someone posting that they have had EoK rares drop in TBL doesn’t seem right either. If you’re killing in the latest xpac, and you manage to beat the odds, would be nice for it to at least be the latest ultra-rare (rather than say, COTF/TDS)...
  4. Orbital101 Augur

I was wondering if the type 18 and 19 with similar effect stack together. Like does the
    Blazing Paradise Defender that Increases AC softcap by 7% stack with Whispering Midnight Defender that Increases AC softcap by 5% to make 12% or only the highest is accounted for?

and also could you confirm that these type 18/19 is 100% spread across all zone rares/raid zones or does some rares/zones as more chance to drop specific one? After spending over 200 hrs in Aalishai with aprox 2 rares per hrs im trying to find a pattern but the rarity of these augs make it hard to base any assumption.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Thats my list for my 200 hrs spent in Aalishai if anyone want to PM me any more drop. I'm personally looking for Whispering Midnight Defender if anyone can confirm it drop off anything.
    Aalishai:
    Evasion Understanding Flow :
    Final Blade Lord : Whispering Midnight Dorsal Defense(2)
    Ghost Glass Bitter : Whispering Midnight Casting Fire, Whispering Midnight Protecting Fire
    Ruby Icefall Blossom : Whispering Midnight Soothing(2), Whispering Midnight Protecting Magic(2), Weeping Heaven Qua, Weeping Heaven Hikma
    Shield Spirit's Laugh : Whispering Midnight Casting Fire, Weeping Heaven Hikma(2), Weeping Heaven Qua
    Sixth Consuming Master : Weeping Heaven Dire, Weeping Heaven Baraea
    Steam Wave Slicer : Whispering Midnight Warding Magic(2), Weeping Heaven Qua(2), Enhancement
    Stout Stone Beaten : Whispering Midnight Protecting Magic
    Unconquering Sand Dirge : Secret Dawn Hikma, Secret Dawn Qua
    Venom of the Fallen Star :
    Whispering Depths Sigh : Whispering Midnight Attacker, Weeping Heaven Qua
    White Iron Rainbow : Whispering Midnight Defending Fire
    Nniki likes this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I know this would be dependent on you possessing both augments but this is one of the simpler things to prove. Go "Be Kicked" by the Mechamatic Behemoth. Do it once with 1 aug and another time with both and you'll have the damage amount you took to easily prove stacking of that SPA.
  7. Sancus Augur

AC doesn't change the damage values you take, it changes the frequency of those values. So you can test it, but it would need to be in a longer parse against a mob.

Or you could probably just look at the AC number in your inventory I suppose.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Ah
    Ah, right. I was mixing up effects. The names of these augs are too similar.
  9. Lubianx Augur

I got Secret Dawn Baraea off of Whispering Depths Sigh
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Summoned is not one of the things it looks for. It looks for elemental PET which is different. I did a check and there is not a single mob in the expansion that matches.
    It's likely what Sad Panda said. Less kills happening.
    I can say that with authority.
    Nothing has changed with respect to the probability of dropping from the rare loot table.
    I do not believe so.
    It *looks* like a race condition. TRY opening the inspect window repeatedly until the little grey button appears. (sometimes random timing differences can change the winner of the race.)
    I might remove the jeweler's glass. I'm gonna leave the Diamond Dust.
    They are in all raid zones with basepop that matches certain criteria. Unfortunately (until after the patch) the basepop in PoFire and Stratos don't match the criteria. And Mearatas had no basepop (I'm not sure it made it in before patch)
  11. Jordis Augur

You got reports but have you gone to a real server and not the test server with a group geared or even raid geared character? Or are you just relying on the usual "Oh hell, why are you guys complaining, I can solo this easily" nonsense?

I've finished the progression as a raid enchanter with solid, raid geared people it hasn't been too bad but those mobs hit very hard even though the hitpoints aren't exceptionally high. I would like to see the Magelo links to those people who are saying that the mobs in this expansion are so easy for group-geared people or raid guilds that aren't already at the top end of gear and spells. Or some solid logs.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think this is refering to the spiders, which if I recall Ngreths thoughts on them initially were so casters could take a few hits. Unfortunately it seams he has changed his mind on this.

I have my concerns over the future of casters with the huge gear stat increases this time round, that is only going to lead to mobs hitting even harder next expansion, so unless they seriously increase casters survivablilty by increasing HP/AC softcaps, Runes etc things are only going to get worse for casters.

I hope with this event now being harder that they increase the time allowed to complete the mission to get the achievement, especially as they have now tied Saviour Achievements to having all the conquests.
  13. kizant Augur

The spiderlings in the group mission hit for so little it's comical.
  14. Buri Augur

I was really hoping there would be something in here addressing the vanishing medallions in Trial of the Speaker's Amphitheater... or are they supposed to poof every time someone dies?
  15. So Happy Augur

Test Server restart time for instancing purposes.
  16. Paladin Augur

Like last expansion, there doesn't seem to be any vendor loot dropping in new zones. Unless task drops or collects are left to rot, Necro's may not have any corpses to raise. At least add gems of some type to the tables, maybe?
  17. So Happy Augur

Please fix instances on test server or band-aid it with a restart.
  18. Kiadan Dakine Journeyman

Day 11 uptime and here's the always present "Test has imploded and instances are fubar please reset the server kthx" post.
    Another weekend of no raiding for my guild.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Sumteengex Journeyman

day 5 of instances being broken again...also horrible chat lag and all around erver lag, and has gotten worse since the release of TBL... any chance of a server rest / fix or will we be suffering for another week and a half + ? askin for a friend