Quiver Slot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Randragon, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Randragon Augur

Can we seriously talk about getting either a Quiver/Bandoleer type slot added to the inventory or some form of Ranger AA that acts the same as quiver haste. I know a bunch of us would love to have one of our inventory slots back.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  2. Pleides Ranger of Fellowship Of Justice. EMarr

I play a Ranger ok? However, I don't think it is viable to agree to your request. Quivers have an unique ability that out ways the thoughts you suggested. Endless arrows and over haste etc so, my view is that those plusses are beneficial and special to our class and suffice. Extra benefits would give too much advantage (nice though) but it would be like having your cake after eating it.

Pleides (Fellowship of Justice) E. Marr Server.
  3. Dewey Augur

I think they have a dev tracker issue type thing where people can vote on things like this. Look there for your answer. If not create it and then see if others vote.

Seeing how it only effects one class and other classes have other issues with throwing/arrow items... I don't see it gaining any traction; however, that is where you should start.
  4. Kolani Augur

You do know that Endless Quiver doesn't require a quiver to be equipped or any extra arrows, right? I'd tend to agree with the OP that having to dedicate an inventory slot for a tiny bit of haste is archaic, but it's pretty much the necromancer epic of the ranger class at this point. The only good reason is to keep type 3s for arrow nukes out of normal bags.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

I'd rather have an AA for mana regen that is similar to breather. Our DPS is sad after you die.
    Kolani likes this.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

It should just be based on what ever the highest quiver haste you have on your person not linked to one of the slots meaning you should be able to just throw the quiver in a bag and problem solved. In terms of using bag space for the required arrows for spell casting it sucks but its no different than pet classes carrying components to summon pets and other classes needing to keep gems and such to cast spells. I do agree that having a dedicated bag slot is outdated though.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Kolani like this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I think you're missing the point he was making. The quiver in conjunction with endless arrows is OP.

If every class received as much damage from a container as Rangers get, they'd all deal with 1 small container like we do. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a 40 slot bag there instead just like the next guy but wouldn't you just place a bunch of small wood silver tipped arrows in said 40 slot bag anyway? Toting around 1000 arrows in a Prescient Fleeting Quiver does just fine - so you're missing 30 slots to have Monk 100 hands effect without having to click an item, disc or AA effect.

Due to certain Rangers being super sensitive on these boards about other Rangers disagreeing with other Rangers on these boards, I attached my new response to all Ranger suggestions: Come up with ideas for things we really need like >>>----> M A N A recovery <-----<<< pew pew!!
  8. Kolani Augur

I'm not sure I missed it, I'm thinking you may be missing mine. There's an epidemic lately with newb rangers thinking that the quiver is absolutely necessary, I've had discussions with level 85s wtbing quivers "so endless quiver will work for me." I'm thinking it's a Bow of the Destroyer kind of misinformation that's running around.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Bobokin Augur

That space left of the rings has not been used. If that could be used for a MEDIUM size container items only, the issue could be resolved.

Creating a similar item, a bandolier, for Rogues allowing throwing knives with haste and an endless quiver type ability would be nice and is long overdue.

Casting bags for that slot, with spell and summon components only, would help casters as well. This is especially true for Magicians because they have so many components.

Is any of this absolutely needed? No. Would it be helpful? Yes.
  10. svann Augur

Oh, can we also have a special slot for TS combine containers? I hate it that I give up 1 bag slot for a container that is empty most of the time. (not sure if I want a /s on this one)
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I haven't used a quiver at all in a couple of years and it hasn't made any major difference in my day to day playing. I still kill fairly quickly and still enjoy my play time.

I wouldn't mind if they found a way to add the haste to our class via an AA line or something else they could implement fairly easily but like Kolani said it's not a huge amount of haste and not an absolute must have for the class.

I personally would love to find a new place that is viable to HS in. Just my two cents but FM is very stale at this point.
  12. Kolani Augur

LET'S NOT DISCUSS MOBS THAT WERE FLAGGED AS HUMANOID IN PLANES OF POWER FLAGGED AS NOT HUMANOID IN THE NEW DOOMFIRE SPECIFICALLY SO THEY CAN'T BE HEADSHOT, OKAY?

Seriously, come on. The soldiers of fire in the TBL Doomfire instances are humanoids in the static, someone had to specifically go through and reflag them with the sole intent of disabling headshot.
  13. Bobokin Augur

While ranger related, this is not germane to the topic.
  14. Kolani Augur

What the hell do the Germans have to do with it anyway?

It was, however, germane to the quoted text.
    Nniki likes this.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

Some poor dev had to go through the entire expansion and make sure virtually nothing was flagged as humanoid even when the same mob type was in previous expansions.

That a breeze mephit doesn't actually have a head it's just an elaborate hat.
    Kolani and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Bobokin Augur

I meant neither the response nor the original text were germane. Neither are German either.

"Hey, we are going to nerf HS for Rangers by having it fire off less frequently and cause it to break root, but we are increasing the damage to six bazzilion!" Too bad you won't get to use it.
  17. Derka Power Ranger

There's a few to HS outside of doomfire just not many
  18. Nniki Augur

Sigpaos and Kolani like this.