Problem with healing range data

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cadira, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Cadira Augur

Hey folks.

I noticed that when you are at max/almost max heal range (270 range) the heal will land on the target, BUT it will not report the healing data to your screen/log.

Normally it'll say I healed them for x amount out of y (overhealing) amount or w/e and if it was a critical or not but when you are almost max range it does not report the data at all but still heals them.

Anyone else notice this? This could suck for parses and it may even apply to damage being dealt too, I haven't tested that.
    Pirlo likes this.
  2. Pano Augur

It has always been like that. Some abilites/spells have different range messages. The 3 raid mephits in smoke have no range for dmg message, causing parser to not pick up the fight.

You may just be noticing this because Empyr has a lot of max range thing for clerics.
  3. niente Developer

Will see if this is something that can be fixed. Thanks for the report
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Thanks for looking into this. When it comes to log reports for anything targeted (damage on mobs, heals on players) it would be really fantastic if this could be changed to report at both the location of the caster and the location of the target.

This would fix so many longstanding parsing problems.
  5. Brohg Augur

Better : being grouped (or raided) should override the range calculation totally
    svann, Ryino and PathToEternity like this.
  6. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Yeah I like this better.