Bard Weapons

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Talleah, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Talleah New Member

Im not sure if this topic is out there or not but what are two good weapons for a 110 Bard? Currently im using a Conflag Sword and a Darkened ykeshan war club... Thanks in advance for input :)
  2. Brohg Augur

Hoarded Blood Orchid Katana will likely stay best for bards though TBL, thanks to its higher damage proc. Secret Dawn Whatever (Saber) for offhand.
  3. Talleah New Member

Thank you :)
  4. Tucoh Augur

My boxed bard uses the TBL TS and T2 healing proc weapons. The contribution of the healing they get exceeds the damage they'd do with proc weapons for my usage.
    Pirlo likes this.
  5. Talleah New Member

What are the names of the weapons? and TY for the input :)
  6. Brohg Augur

Those are Secret Dawn Rod and the Windborne Cudgel

There are augs to go with those two if they're your choice : Dulled Gem of Evaporating Life and Corrupted Brimstone
  7. Tucoh Augur

and come Wednesday if I can beat the fixed missions:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=134082

yeah boooiiiii
  8. Talleah New Member

Thank you all for the advice I am looking into these and seeing what I can get :)
  9. Talleah New Member

The Windborne Cudgel how do I get that it does not say anything in ZAM on how to Obtain it?
  10. Tucoh Augur

I got mine in a t2 mission. I dont remember which one. A good stand in is the conflsgrant rod.
  11. Talleah New Member

12. Israfel Elder

This might be a favorable setup for Tucoh, but most bards will want to use weapons and augs with damage procs. The damage from bard weapon procs is far from trivial and amplified greatly by many of our AAs, Songs, and on-use abilities like Fierce Eye.

The problem with healing on a bard is we do not get the healing AAs that other hybrids get. As a result, we wind up healing for far less than we’d be doing in direct damage.

That is unless I’m missing some secret tech, but I’ve messed around with this a bunch and it just isn’t as great for bards as it is for rangers and beastlords.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I know gamparse isn't working now, but what kind of DPS were you measuring from you weapon procs putting out in RoS (with fierce eye, without flurry of notes)?

I considered having a way to quickly switch between damage and heal procs, but estimated the weapon procs would only account for like,5-10k DPS, which isn't enough for me to give up healing procs in even the most safe of scenarios. Though the rarity of people talking about heal procs vs damage procs makes me think I'm missing something.
  14. Pirlo Augur

It's an interesting debate no doubt , one that we can pick up further once we get game parse functional again .

on that note , what exactly procs with flurry of notes ? the built-in weapon proc or the augment that is put into the weapon or both?
  15. Nniki Augur

Both.
    Pirlo likes this.
  16. Axel Furry Hats OP

5-10k DPS is far far far far far better than 1k heals per second if you take into account that we can't crit proc heals. So that 3.6k heal proc is only ever going to heal for 3.6k whereas the 4k damage proc can crit for upwards of 10-20k. The heal procs also won't benefit from the Boon of the Seeress belt.

Not to mention the fact that if the tank is topped off, you get healed for exactly 0, making the proc 100% worthless.
  17. Nniki Augur

The heal procs can crit. It's just that they won't be focused.

Examples:

954 = 510 base + 444 bonus from Heal Amount

You are bathed in a healing burst. You healed Nniki for 954 hit points by Healing Burst VI.
    You are bathed in a healing burst. You healed Nniki for 1908 hit points by Healing Burst VI. (Critical)
    You are bathed in a healing burst. You healed Nniki for 1962 hit points by Healing Burst VI. (Lucky Critical)

3644 = 3200 base + 444 bonus from Heal Amount

You are bathed in a healing burst. You healed Nniki for 3644 hit points by Remote Healing Blessing IV.
    You are bathed in a healing burst. You healed Nniki for 7288 hit points by Remote Healing Blessing IV. (Critical)
    You are bathed in a healing burst. You healed Nniki for 7517 hit points by Remote Healing Blessing IV. (Lucky Critical)
  18. Tucoh Augur

It's more than 1k hps (because as Nniki says it can proc, and our reckless renewal song makes sure it crits a LOT, I parsed it as moving my cleric's crit rate from 54% to 87%!) Later this week (if they fix all the challenger achievements in TBL) I'll do some parsing to see where that number is. I'm interested to see what my berserker and mage can put out with their new heal proc augs.

When I first started using those weapons to beat the pre-nerf Cactiki mission I looked at the healing my bst/rng/brd put out with proc weapons, it was pretty wild. My 5s rolling average broke 100k hps:
  19. Fohpo Augur

New grouping meta? Tank + 5 melee with heal procs
  20. Tucoh Augur

I kinda have this already, just with a shaman. With the VP 2H that procs heals on spell casts. I haven't really integrated this fully, but want to give it a shot once I get challenger and can put the heal on spell cast aug in it.

It'll never be that good with a shaman because their nukes suck and when your crew is killing mobs in 10s DoTs aren't great.