GamParse, TBL, and You

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucoh Augur

This guy doesnt understand coding and never will no matter how long he gets paid to do it.
  2. Tolzol Augur

Just release your inner troll it’s what i would do lol. Or do i need to go all trollzol for you?
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Your post is buffoonery at it's worst.

Why not write your own tool? Because you either lack the skills or commitment to do so.

How about sit down and shut your mouth? The nerve of some people...

4. Boze TLP complaint factory

I agree, we should bicker and get the GamParse summoning thread locked.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE GAMPARSE BETA ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
  5. Brumans Augur

If people think the whining would be lessened if it was open sourced....lawl.

There's a reason that open source hobby projects are known to be a thankless, terrible thing.
    Pirlo and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  6. Febb Augur

One person developing an entire project is quite a bit of responsibility on their shoulders. Especially if they have a full time job and can't work on the project at work. Add on top of that, kids and a wife and that developer has a small window to work on said project in the evenings and weekends.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure what your point is here but being the creator (or maintainer) of a project means you get to chose to open source a project or keep it to yourself.
  8. Febb Augur

I thought my point was quite clear. People are rushing him to release the program when they have no idea how much time is needed to produce such a project.
  9. shiftie Augur

Given Beimeith’s track record of getting things nerfed I have no doubt this is just an exercise of his power to punish his accusers. Game on Beimeith game on

Edit: I forgot to say... all hail our parsing overlord.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The best part is, once it actually IS released and people can see just how overpowered certain things are...I absolutely expect them to get nerfed.

So, really, I'm helping prevent getting things nerfed by not releasing it yet.

Beimeith, Champion of the People.
  11. Parker Elder

On that note why not keep such a great tool for yourself and a few trusted people you might know?

I remember years ago finding an issue with something in game and making the mistake of trusting a certain class rep only to see this person hand over info to Devs....which may or may not have led to the nerf. No good deed goes unpunished...and on top of that look at all the entitled responses here....
  12. gotwar Gotcharms

We can get this taken care of pretty easily right now, tbh. Just nerf:

Rangers
    Zerkers
    Druids
    Mages
    Necros
    Warriors
    Shadow Knights
    Monks
    Delete Bards

And then I think we're pretty solid.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

Stuff like

Monk Burn
    Shadow Knight Burn
    Warrior DPS with a bard
    Necromancer Sphere trap
    Berserker Dicho
    Bard Alliance
  14. kizant Augur

They're the best projects. You get to focus on what you want. If people are doing it to be thanked and not because they enjoy writing software then they should probably just find a new hobby.
    Khazad likes this.
  15. Khazad New Member

Shhhhhh!
  16. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Hey all. Does Gamparse work again?
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The new version is still being worked on which has been mentioned many times in this thread.
  18. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Is there anyway to make it so that the range that you can pick up everyones info is wider? Like as a ranger I cant get accurate info cause it seems you have to be within like 20 range to collect it. Would be cool if the range was like 450 so, I could collect parses as a ranger using my bow.
  19. Nessirfiti Augur

I'm pretty sure that's a function of the game, not the parser
    Beimeith and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  20. Axel Furry Hats OP

FTFY* :p
    Elyssanda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.