Test Update 01/08/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Simply not true. EoK rares were dropping first day, talked about in guild and general all week long. TBL they're simply not dropping at anywhere near the same rate. Sure, people use them but they link them in guild and general because they're happy as hell to get one. Something is up. Interesting thing is the zone that dropped the neck item was an instance. I believe the proof you posted on the beta forums was also an instance... So instances only? Mob types like a recent post? I don't know, but something is wrong.
    Pirlo likes this.
  2. Natal Augur

Probably because the kill rate is much lower. Mobs can be killed fairly rapidly in EoK, less so in RoS, and much less so in TBL. The drop rate is determined by how many mobs are killed, not by how long people are killing them.

Nothing has changed with respect to the probability of dropping from the rare loot table.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Now sure... opening day EoK they dropped immediately. Mobs are dying very fast all over TBL. The kill rate isn't low.
  4. Natal Augur

Never the less, the global rare loot table is the same. Which means that the kill rate is not what you think it is.
  5. Ssdar Augur

Just keep opening and closing the the item inspect on it until the click box shows up. It should work eventually.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  6. Kianara Lorekeeper

Just because 10k mobs have been killed doesn't guarantee you a ultra-rare in that span .. it doesn't work like that. It only means for every 10k mobs, you have a reasonable chance of having one drop, NOT a guarantee of one to drop. Each mob has a 1:10000 chance .. you could have killed 100k mobs, each of them STILL only has a 1:10000 chance of dropping it.

We've had a bunch drop on CT, so if BB isn't getting any then you've just had crappy luck.
    xxGriff likes this.
  7. svann Augur

You say that with the air of authority. Are you a dev that would know that for a fact?
  8. Lorewood Lorekeeper

there are 111 Research recipes on eqtraders for fine runic sheets, not 2
  9. Riou EQResource

You learn 109 of those automatically from scribing the appropriate research books though?
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

Of those 111, only the two enchant metals need to be actually made to learn. As for the rest, "Notes: You can purchase and scribe Research: Sortilege Sheets & Battle Diagrams to learn this recipe without experimentation."

I'm sure other dubious items will be removed from that vendor; like Jeweler's Glass and Crushed Diamond Dust, that latter was a pita to get for other recipes.
  11. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

12. Nniki Augur

Thunderkiks likes this.
  13. Hickers Elder

Thought I would chime in on the ‘ultra-rare’ issue, as I would certainly like to see these items actually coming into the game to use.

As mentioned by others, we have now seen the first item appear on Bristlebane, one month into TBL. Please bear in mind this is one of the highest population servers. The argument that not as many mobs are dying as in EoK simply doesn’t hold water. As pointed out elsewhere, ultra rares were showing up on the first day of EoK. By the first month I had probably seen a link/WTS for 20-30 rares.

The argument that perhaps the items just aren’t being sold doesn’t really make sense either. In EoK they were current raid gear and still being sold. Now, while still awesome, the rares are one expansion behind, and almost being caught up by the new T3 group TS gear. This surely means they are more likely to be sold rather than used.

I appreciate that sometimes all the Devs can do is look at the data, and in this case the data seems to be right. But what we are reporting in the real world simply doesn’t match up, leading me to think that people’s guesses to do with zones or mob flags may be the issue here.
    Pirlo likes this.
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

Didn't saw that posted, here it is:

Tattered White Satin Gloves - Chase Item:
    - has type 21 Ornamentation Slot 3

Shouldn't it be compatible with my

Adamant Triumphant Cloud Soulrender Gauntlets
    - have type 21, Ornamentation Slot 4

So if I want to use my old ornaments then it does not work.

Intended? Bug?
  15. sauron3030 Elder

no fix for scent of terris yet? :(
  16. menown Augur

I've already taken the magic spells out of my group lineup and corruption spells out of my raid line up. Not worth casting them.
    Brohg likes this.
  17. Greymantle Augur

Anyone have info on what changes were made here?
    Altered the HP/mana-endurance values of Secret Dawn Gem of Vigor and Secret Dawn Gem of Brilliance.
  18. Fnyanea Augur

I have seen two EOK/ROS ultra rares drop in TBL..... maybe old ones are still in the loot table and messing up the new ones?
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Still no word on ROS for Test? At some point there has to be a definitive answer. If management is holding out for more TBL sales you're not likely to get them until the 50% off promotion later this year.

I personally won't be buying TBL for accounts that I didn't already buy ROS for just to get access to ROS features. I'll eventually get TBL for the accounts that already have ROS.
  20. Natal Augur

Well, Ngreth said so, so unless he is lying, yes, I am correct.