Chase Item Evolving

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkman Augur

Completionist of TBL = everything including raid achievements yes
  2. Morthakia Augur

Great. Nice to see a confirmation that they are dropping. I’ve killed somewhere around 75+ named and never seen one, nor have the other folks on my server that are frequently killing named.
  3. svann Augur

I had an issue evolving the gloves to 2nd level last night. Id click on the button but it was like it wasnt seeing the click at all. I finally got it to click by clicking the very bottom right corner of the button - which is somewhat difficult to do seeing as how the button is so small.
  4. Nniki Augur

Yeah, I noticed a similar issue with the boots, I think it was. The click area doesn't appear to overlap the button image properly.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I've gotten a whispering midnight and 2x of the non-proc type 18s. I think the blazing paradise are either not dropping or are extremely rare, but their drop rate is being adjusted in next week's patch.

I like the evolving items but unless new information comes to light I've pretty much given up on "trying" for any specific augs. Maybe I'll get soothing/dorsal defense/Defender/defending magic on my warrior, attacker/assaulting magic on my berserker and casting magic on my mage. Maybe I'll get none of them, we'll see when I finish hunter!

I can definitely imagine people farming them for the next few years though. I can see the accuracy aug (assuming it stacks with everything) being useful in perpetuity, along with the proc augs (for DPS). It's hard to estimate how many expansions a perfect set of tank augs are worth to a tank of course, because the increase in hp/AC is increasing dramatically, but that 0.7% damage mitigation scales with mob damage.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

Perhaps, but all four being tied to VP means someone like me cannot do any of them (on Brekt, so population is different/not in VP and I do not have the option to transfer off). Having one or two tied to a locked zone from one expansion back might be more easy to swallow.
  7. Petalonyx Augur

I seem to have the opposite problem as most, with 20-30 Type 18 augs and only 1 evolving item. But, then again, i basically live in Empyr killing nameds...
  8. Tucoh Augur

20-30 type 18 augs makes me think that I need to spend more time in Empyr
  9. Morthakia Augur

I’m nearly done with Hunter. Empyr seems to have a far worse named spawn rate compared to Stratos, Esianti, Smoke, and Mearatas, and I haven’t noticed any higher rate of Type 18/19s versus the other zones. I’d say just kill wherever you’d like!
  10. lancelove Augur

30? There is no way. I've spent plenty of time there killing named and that's just trolling lol!

I'm also sure I saw Prathun post that the evolving items are only dropping at the moment in a specific event so....
  11. Orbital101 Augur

I killed over 100 rares this week and I only seen 4 type 18 with effect and 8 of the Weeping/Secret damn one. Everyone I know as the same luck...Forget about going for specific one only... This ramdomness across the board is not healthy for guys like me lol
  12. Ismel Augur

I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with

1. Do the type 19 augs drop from trash inside the Plane of Fire raid instance?
    2. Do the plane of fire loot lockout prevent everyone from getting any loot after winning the raid if any member of the raid had the loot lockout before getting the raid?
    3. Can we please make them tradeable its hard enough getting 1 let alone the ones you actually want and due to lore group this is even worse, the horror of having to destroy a great aug just to get the one you really want, attune them pretty please with sprinkles on top.
  13. Tolzol Augur

1. Yes they should although i think it’s broke until Wednesday.
    2. If anyone has a loot lockout at the time of requesting the raid yes it will prevent loot from dropping from mobs in that instance.
    3. That’s a question for a dev so i can’t help with this answer lol.
  14. Sashnia Elder

I have to ask.

Is the new loot lockout system also in raid instances? If so how can raid leaders see who has a loot lockout? One person screwing over 53 is not a good scenario.

To elaborate, the scenario I am concerned with is 1 person creates a raid instance with their alts (PoF perhaps?) and farms drops in there from trash, they then join the raid to actually kill the boss and zero augs drop from trash.

I do assume the chest would still drop with items In it with the above scenario though?

NOTE: I realise some of the above has been asked already so I guess my main query is how do we ensure we don't trigger the raid instance with someone in our raid with a different raid lockout? This needs to be something the raid leader can view.
  15. Lianeb Augur

If anyone in the raid has a loot lockout and the RL doesn't you will not be able to request the raid instance. The RL will know if anyone has a loot lockout because he would have to have the same lockout as the rest of the people to request the instance.
  16. Riou EQResource

Believe you can not request a Raid when someone has a Loot Lockout, someone with the loot lockout has to be the RL to request

It is probably better to have people do raid trash clears in their off time, since for most of them it's a waste of the actual Raids time to do
  17. Sashnia Elder

Thanks for the answers all.
  18. p2aa Augur

Some people managed to get their 4 items fast doing the following thing.
    Doing missions with alts they have, not using their main at all, and when the loot they wanted drop, they make their main loot the item.
  19. Megolas1 New Member

Wood Elf Bard, Tattered White Satin Gloves, Evolved 2/2. Attempt to claim reward first time and it completely closed EQ. Attempt to claim second time, reward is Tattered White Satin Gloves even though next to the claim button it states White Satin Gloves.

Separate account, Ogre Berserker. Tattered Satin Gloves evolved to Patched White Satin Gloves. If you click on Final Result to see 2/2, you get to then preview the reward of White Gloves. White Gloves offers the option of White Chain Gloves. Inspect that reward to see the item and click Final Result to see White Chain Gloves 2/2. Reward Preview shows White Chain Gloves. Click Reward Preview and nothing appears.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

1. No/Yes. The mobs in PoFire are not set as "raid basepop" and that is one of the drop requirements.
    2. The lockout doesn't take effect until a group with someone with that lockout makes a request for a new raid. Then it will not have loot.
    3. No. Even with the sprinkles.
    Prathun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.