Test Update 01/08/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well... someone on Bristle finally has a Descending Moon item for sale. You say they drop, they do! Is the drop rate perhaps set incorrectly, because they certainly are ridiculously rare. Could it be double checked?
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I peer tested fixes to these yesterday (that came in yesterday, so did not make patch notes)
    I've triple checked. They still drop and have since the expansion launched.
  3. Tucoh Augur

They're dropping, yeah, but if the drop rate is so low it kind of makes it a non-factor. I got 3 ultra-rares to drop from EoK/RoS, and they were a nice benefit to my character until TBL. In TBL at this drop rate I don't think anyone I know will get a single one to drop!

I'm not complaining since the Group TS gear is so amazing, but why make the items if only a few people per server will see them?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

They have exactly the same drop chance as EoK.
  5. Sad Panda Elder

The drop rate may be the same, but due to the unique keying delays this xpac, which seem to mirror lack of content as a delay method unless you have access to top tier gear.

So the amount of mobs being killed is way less. and always will be.

Except for maybe that guy who is killing in the same spot 24/7 in stratos. I bet he has a few. Amazing how he can insta loot the collection he stands on and has almost a robotic way he kills and pulls.,.,,,,

All this could be fixed by getting rid of having all five trials for static smoke access. This will happen eventually like brothers island. the game just needs to age or everyone could beat it in a few weeks. My alts have full keys and access.

So to help all of you just get a fellowship to maeratas, bring all your alts and mains. Do this as a raid. As soon as 12 people in your guild have mearatas access just make a banner. Farm the center named and anything that roams. after about two hours you will have faction in all zones. then you can just roll through and not agro anything. This gets rid of those time delay factions things built in for quest advancing if you cant use FD or sneak (fd pots work as well). Thanks dbg. As far as i know none of this is an exploit in any way. Please let me know.
  6. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Pirlo, Gyurika Godofwar and Zenyan like this.
  7. Forcallen Augur

I have zero luck with rares, my last was in TDS, so no clue if they are dropping less like people claim. Throwing this out of left field. Is there any chance mobs flagged as "summoned", which like half or more of the expansion qualifies as, are exempt from dropping rares?

So it might appear they aren't dropping as often to the naked eye but in reality they are its just lots of mobs from the expansion don't qualify to drop them.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'll be a little more diplomatic about it. I am told the rare neck we got yesterday was the first rare to grace general chat on Bristlebane since launch. This is a server with three end game raid guilds and various high member family guilds with high play times. They are not dropping 1/5000. They just are not.
    Smokezz, Pirlo and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Experience on evolving items in Empyr is absolutely non-existent. Like 1% at level two on my gloves in 90 mins of killing a 4 named camp.
    Pirlo and svann like this.
  10. Schadenfreude Augur

TBL experience, in general, seems sub-par compared to RoS/EoK and from what I hear a decent percentage of the TBL base pop aren't eligible for the evolving items but Empyr seems especially grim.
  11. Natal Augur

Rares have a 1:10000 chance of dropping, but there are about 30 rares on the loot table, so the rate for individual items is more like 1:300000. Also, most rares are probably used by the people who get them, relatively few are offered up for sale or even mentioned in open chat channels. I have personally gotten about 4 over the years, no one other than myself knows that they dropped.

Given the chance of them dropping and the fact that the people who get them use them, it is not surprising that you have only seen it once in general chat.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Regardless of what the drop rate is, the items have always shone up at a decent clip on Bristlebane server. They are not showing up at the clip that they did in EoK and RoS.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Oh, I agree. Other zones though, the evolving items XP actually moves at a rate of up to 5-7% an hour at level 2, depending on mob density. Empyr just isn't giving anything by comparison.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

Thanks for increasing the drop rate of DE and bixie ornaments. To bad I already finished progression in both but on a rainy day I might have to go back and try my luck at finishing my plate sets.
    Nniki and Jhenna_BB like this.
  15. Burkx New Member

Is fix for non-evolving items included in this patch? Have torn efreeti boots that have evolved to silver but when you push the button the only reward that shows up is the same torn efreeti boots.
    Pirlo likes this.
  16. xxGriff Augur

This math is incorrect. the ratio for a rare drop will remain constant (@ 1:10000)

the number of items on the loot table does not factor into the kill ratio being increased. it only changes the ratio of a specific item dropping. 30 items, and an equal chance at any of those items (duplicates allowed) the actual drop becomes a separate probability/random award. the 2 do not become an amalgamation.
    Kianara likes this.
  17. Lianeb Augur

Empyr is the best place In tbl I have found to level the chase items.
    There are mobs that give little or no XP to them though.
    If you are killing spiders or armors you’re going to get nothing. Try another mob model. And as a hint the best camps are pretty sparse for name PHs though they do exist.
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Morthakia Augur

Thank you for fixing the unattainable achievements. I was very much hoping the patch would address these. Some additional things to consider looking into:

The Trial of Wending Ways achievement “Don’t Trip” is attainable. However, I did the entire mission and did not fall in the center, yet did not get the achievement. I suspect it may be the case that falling anywhere in the zone, even before triggering the trial, will cause this achievement to fail. It’s just a theory, but may be worth exploring.

Firelings Achivements (Doomfire missions Delivery and Remodeling): Consider modifying the description to state that 10 firelings must be spawned simultaneously.

Contract Of War Achievement: One of the achievements is to “Face at least 14 Mephit Guardians.” Consider modifying the description to clarify whether all 14 must be spawned simultaneous.

Thanks!
  19. niente Developer

Do you have all the explore achievements done?
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

I cannot speak for them. I do have every traveler done in the game, including the optional ones. I cannot click my boots past level 2.

I saw somewhere else there was an issue found with race or some such. I am a human monk if that helps find this.

I copied to test to see if it was changed in the patch but same result as live right now. I cannot get the boots past level 2.