Soulbanshee's Tradeskill Parser version 2

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulbanshee, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 2.0

Settings file is compatible with the new version.

New features:
    • The last selected character is now saved and re-loaded the next time you launch the parser.
    • Added HTML to the options for save file format. HTML files do not need to be closed during regeneration, just refresh the page once the parser is done. HTML will also display the number of learned recipes vs total recipes and number needed to max 350.
    • Added a selection to generate EQ Traders or ZAM links to the recipes, last selected option will be saved and re-loaded the next time you launch the parser. I did a rough shot matching ZAM recipes so if you see any links that do not seem to match up please notify me though PM or email.
    As always, please consider donating to EQTC if you utilize the recipes from them.

Please do not rehost, redistribute, relink, modify and only for personal usage. Script, materials, inputs, or generated files may not be used in any method soliciting or generating any compensation.

What does my script do?
    • Reads output file name and contents (no different than popular tools that read log files)
    • Matches learned recipes versus a master list of known recipes that count for 300+
    • Master list accounts for recipes that share a common name, and identify the unique material for each of those combines
    • Saves an Excel, CSV, or HTML file for each output file found with URLs to EQTC or ZAM recipes
    • Excel file will list all recipes with clickable hyperlinks for the URLs, but will filter on what you have not learned
    • CSV file will only list what you have not learned with non-clickable URLs, and will not save formatting (If you have an Office alternative, use Save As to a native workbook format to preserve formatting)
    • HTML file will only list what you have not learned with clickable hyperlinks for the URLs, along with displaying the number of learned recipes vs total recipes and number needed to max 350.
    • Saves a text file with recipes I do not have accounted for yet for easy submission to add to my master lists in future updates (please email file to SoulbansheeEQ@gmail.com or PM contents)
    • Easy automation alleviates mistypes, accidentally skipping learned recipes, and forgetting to mark off recipes
    What doesn't my script do?
    • Does not access EverQuest account or character information
    • Does not access anything in memory
    • Does not send anything to an outside source or access anything from an outside source
    • Does not retain anything about your system other than saving the selected directory paths in the settings file that allow the script to run without prompting each time
    Requires PowerShell v5, Windows 7/8/8.1 will need to install an update.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50395
    Note: It was pointed out to me that default settings is to not allow unsigned scripts to run. In order for my script to work, either system execution policy must be changed or the RUNME file included will bypass the restrictions.

Download and extract this zip file into a directory on your computer, overwriting existing files:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=12VbKr6AVkJY74ObIjbDpNroAh0680qDo

1. In EverQuest, type /outputfile recipes <tradeskillname> for each TS and character you want to parse. You will have to do this command each time you learn new recipes if you want to update the spreadsheets with the parser.
    2. Either leave the output in your EverQuest directory or move them to a new location if you would prefer. The files are named <Character>-<Tradeskill>-Recipes.txt and are located in the base EverQuest installation directory.
    3. Double-click to execute the RUNME.cmd file. This will start PowerShell in a mode that will allow the script to run because it is not signed. (If your system is set unrestricted, you can right-click and select "Run with PowerShell" instead. Do not close the Windows PowerShell window in the background, it will exit within 2 seconds after you close the parse tool.)
    4. If you already set up the configuration, a directory will be displayed next to the "Load output files" button. If it is correct, skip the next step.
    5. Click the "Load output files" button, Browse for Folder will pop up, choose where the output files are located, so either the EQ directory or where you moved them.
    6. Any output files found will populate the character name in the first drop down. If there are no characters listed, then no files were found named <Character>-<Tradeskill>-Recipes.txt
    7. Select "All" to parse all character outputs found, else select a single character.
    8. Under "Tradeskills", check "Select All" or the combination of tradeskills you want to parse for the character(s) selected previously. If there are none or missing tradeskill check boxes, then the base files are missing.
    9. Select the save file format if necessary, else continue to the next step. CSV and HTML will be the only options if Excel 2010 or later is not installed.
    10. If you already set up the configuration, a directory will be displayed next to the "Select save file location" button. If it is correct, skip the next step.
    11. Click the "Select save file location" button, Browse for Folder will pop up, choose where you want the spreadsheets saved to.
    12. Select the source you want to generate the recipe links for if necessary, else continue to the next step.
    13. Check or uncheck "Overwrite files". Checked will overwrite files with the same name losing any manual changes. Unchecked will first move existing files to a "Backup" folder.
    14. Your selections for output file directory, character, save format, save file directory, recipe source, and overwrite will be saved to a settings.ini file and remembered when you run the script again.
    15. Click the "Generate files" button.
    16. The parser will run for a few minutes while the interface is greyed out. Everything will re-enable once complete.
    17. <Character>-<Tradeskill> files of the selected format will be created in the save file location.
    18. If you have any learned recipes that are not in my tradeskill files, a RecipeSubmit.txt file will be created also. Please email the whole file as an attachment to me at SoulbansheeEQ@gmail.com so that I may include it in a future update.
    19. Steps can be repeated without having to close or launch the parser again. Use "Load output files" to load new characters if necessary. Skip step 3 if the parser is already running.
    20. Click the "Close Parser" button to close the parser when finished.
    Notes:
    • For Excel files, "Needs Verification" under learned means the recipe either needs to be confirmed as invalid, or I do not as of yet have the EverQuest Recipe ID. You should manually search for the recipe in the container for now to make sure you know it or not. The base files will get updated as I get more information.
    • For Excel files, learned recipes are filtered out by default, you can use the filtering at the top to add them back in if you wish.
    • Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
    FAQ
    Q. Nothing ran, no PowerShell window popped up.
    A. You need to have PowerShell v5 (see top link) and use the RUNME file to run the parser.
    Q. No Excel files were created after clicking "Generate files".
    A. The script will exit if there was an issue creating Excel workbooks. Also verify you are looking in the correct save file location.
  2. Caell Augur

Tried it out, seems to work. Will have to get back to working on these.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 2.1

Download and extract this zip file into a directory on your computer, overwriting existing files:

Finished cleaning up recipe files:
    • Assuming all Alchemy and Poison recipes that count towards skill have been submitted, removed the remaining recipes that were not matched to Everquest output file.
    • A few recipe IDs were recently discovered for a few tradeskills.

New features for HTML output:
    • Tables are sortable if your browser supports modern Javascript.
    • Added a check box column to help assist in tracking combines. Note that check boxes do not save and will disappear when the page is refreshed or closed.
    • Added better logic to account for the cultural recipes scribed from books in your number of learned recipes that I do not show in the list.

Two additional features I will let people discover for themselves. Have fun!
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 2.1.1

Corrected an issue where CSV would always be selected when launching the parser if you did not have Excel installed.
    Added additional messaging to HTML output indicating if any cultural charm/symbol books had not been scribed. Note that there are 3 pottery recipes missing from scribing Elegant Charms, you will need to craft Elegant Charm of Physical Adaptation (Leather), Elegant Charm of Physical Invention (Cloth), and Elegant Charm of Mental Invention (Cloth).
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 2.2.0

I created a Doc to better illustrate the instructions here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DmWtjWb9Q-LiCCVca560eS8yKwwd7jtmwKkTOikECKo/edit?usp=sharing

Created a column for the expansion the recipe falls under. I was able to grab most of this data, but still lack for many of the recipes. If anyone would be interested in volunteering to help research which expansion the recipes fall under, please contact me.

Made big changes to the code to try to help speed up processing. One method was to use simultaneous processes to read outputfiles and create the spreadsheets. By default, this will run two simultaneous processes. If you would like to speed this up more, you can edit “settings.ini” and add “Threads=#” where “#” can be 1 through 6. If you are finding that files are not being generated or updated, you might be hitting a processing limit and will need to choose a lower thread number.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 2.2.1

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DmWtjWb9Q-LiCCVca560eS8yKwwd7jtmwKkTOikECKo/edit?usp=sharing

Lost track of what I was fixing or optimizing.

Fixed the code to allow the generation of a spreadsheet even if the character does not have an outputfile for that tradeskill. It still requires at least one outputfile in order to detect the character name for the drop down though.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am getting an error message with the latest version. Everything seems to work though.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 2.2.2

Was unable to reproduce any errors generating Excel, Office quick repair may or may not alleviate the issue. I did find a couple things in looking at the Excel functionality.

Corrected where I missed changing some code in the Excel quit function from moving code around, though unsure if this was the issue or not.

Hindsight, it's hard to troubleshoot when you use the same window title in 3 places and you don't even pull the right variable for the error message. Changed each error report to have a different title and I am trying a different method to pull the error message.

Both fixes are only applicable during Excel generation.

Thanks for the report.
  9. Skyzul New Member

Thank you for your hard work.
    Fanra likes this.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

Thanks, appreciate it.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

This is still a marvelous tool.
  12. Pirlo Augur

Will this help someone find the best path to go from 0 to 350 for all tradeskills?
    I'm a tradeskill noob :oops:
    But I want to make the artisan Aug and tbl gear
  13. Tucoh Augur

Getting to 350 in any tradeskill is a really, really long process you don't wnat to put in front of getting TBL gear. And until you get to mid-300s and max trophy you're better off getting someone else to make the TBL gear because the primordial radiances are expensive.
  14. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Installed and works greats going to be a huge help, thank you!!!
  15. Metanis Bad Company

In the last patch DBG changed the default name of the dumped Recipe file to include your character's ServerName. By itself this isn't a big deal. Except if you leave the old dump files in your Everquest folder you'll have to be savvy enough to choose the correct one for current info.

The reason I bring this up is my wife is doing the tradeskilling. She swore up and down (and at me) this morning that the Parser wasn't working. I verified it wasn't working and then a few minutes later discovered that she was still pointing the Parser at the CharacterName she was accustomed to using.

I searched Everquest for *recipe.txt and deleted all those files and had her dump them again. In the parser she now finds CharacterName_servername and all is right with the world again
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

That's a good point, not everyone would have caught that in the patch notes. I can add a note to the top of my Doc as a precaution. Fortunately the way I parse file names was already compatible with the file name change, just with saving the last character selected, people may not realize it if they do not open the character selection drop-down.

On another note, waiting on the TBL recipe IDs to trickle in to get the base files sync'd up. I will get an update out once that is done.
    Metanis likes this.
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 2.3.0

Since the game update on January 16, 2019, the default name of text files created when using the /outputfile command will now include a server name. Ex: Soandso_Test-Inventory.txt. You must re-select the character to parse if the parser settings were saved prior to January 16 and not already re-selected. You may also delete the prior “<Character>-<Tradeskill>-Recipes.txt” files from your Everquest directory to clean up the “select your character” drop down.

For a fresh copy without any saved settings, changed the default save file format to HTML. This change will not impact any copies with prior saved settings.

The following changes were made to HTML save file format:
    • Parser will no longer prompt you to "Make sure all existing saved files are closed before continuing" as this is unnecessary since opening HTML does not place a file lock.
    • Added a "Last Generated" timestamp to the header to show that the file regeneration was successful.
    • Changed the status message to be "X recipes learned of Y recipes needed for 350 skill" and "There are Z total recipes for this tradeskill" to be less confusing about the number of recipes left to learn.
    Refreshed the base files with the TBL recipes currently available. There may still be some recipes that have not yet been submitted to the fan sites.
    Nennius and Metanis like this.
  18. someanonguy New Member

Thank you, much appreciated

If it's not too much trouble. could you list the # of recipes in your database for each TS?

If less than my other sources, i'll try to add missing recipes.
  19. Soulbanshee Augur

If this is in reference to waiting on more recipes, I found out its just the ornaments that are waiting to be verified and entered into the fan sites.
  20. Mintalie Augur

Dude. You are awesome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.