20th TLP Wishlist

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lantherion, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Magic Augur

Bump :)
    Any info on the start of a new server?
    My friends and I are stop playing on Coirnav and waiting for a new FV ruleset server with good exp, think its time to launch one :)
  2. Darkhain Elder

FV ruleset = RTM paradise, good luck with that.
  3. Magic Augur

I ok with that.
    Any new server is RTM paradise, with FV rule or not.
    oldkracow and Nolrog like this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

You mean unlike every other new server?
  5. That One Guy Augur

FV ruleset + no keys + good exp should be their go to awesome server.

The keying process on 3 month unlocks is just bad. Let your customers enjoy a full 3 months of each expansion and not half an expansion keying your main and possible alt if you want to help your guild.
    snailish likes this.
  6. snailish Augur

Phinny rules, free trade loot (you don't want the rest of FV rules), good XP and Velious as the starting point to level 1-60 from would be different, yet likely very popular. They could also offer the same thing the following year without the free trade loot.

Not sure they can flip keying off for one server.

There's been movement towards keying more reasonable on the shorter timeframe progression. That movement needs to pick up if AoC (every guild gets to raid in era) is going to truly offer what is says it offers.

Whatever they do with keying needs to work on a non-AoC racing unlock server too though, as that remains the other most-likely money maker of a progression server.

To me, the solution is let the problematic keys drop in AoC instances as of the era the key is needed, whether the raid is that era or not. Early easy raids drop less of the key, harder raids compared to the era drop more.

Example: Killing Vox is silly easy. Sure your guild could kill Vox every 5 days for one key. If that is all you do, it will take your guild a while to get into the Velious keyed zone you need keys for. However, if VP is dropping 4 of the same keys circa Velious (and so on) you basically reward guilds that keep an active backraiding culture going. There's already some precedent for this with currencies, which could also be expanded.

By putting them only in the AoC instances, you don't mess up a future racing/contested server situation. In effect you make "easy keying" a toggle that goes alone with AoC.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Free Trade would be nice.

There has been too much replay of the same Classic-PoP grind on the last 5-6 servers recently. I’d prefer to see something different.

Start in Classic with LoY and LDoN immediately. This way people can run LDoN instances or actually level in LoY zones as they grind up. After about 2 months release Kunark, Velious and Luclin together. Again allowing different level paths 50-60. Launch PoP + GoD for 2 months. Then do OoW + DoN for 2 months. DoDH + PoR for 2 months. TSS + TBS for 2 months. Then get into a normal expansion every two months theme.

When OoW + DoN unlocks allow people to buy Mayong 51/50AA template characters. When TSS+TBS unlocks create some level 70/Autogrant template characters available for purchase.
    snailish likes this.
  8. snailish Augur

original + LoY + LDoN at launch with level 50 cap.

That's a weird new idea.

Not sure I like it or not, but I like the creativity.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Would be interesting to see which of the raids could be defeated at level 50
  10. Alikat Lorekeeper

No boxing allowed, and have it be enforced.
    Most toxicity I see in game with people sniping named and generally not being decent people and respecting camps originates with boxers, who usually have an RMT motive.

Just give us one no box TLP server. If boxers dont like it, they still have 20 other servers to choose from.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

An event server of some kind. The TLP landscape is pretty saturated right now.
  12. Presul New Member

One thing I would like to see is:

A difficult quest to weaken and put the sleeper back to sleep. Once completed the wardens repop after a period of time and the sleeper is once again sleeping. I think live servers would appreciate something like this as well and it can probably be done without damaging lore. Maybe the quest involves fighting the sleeper in a slightly weakened state and having to get him down to a certain percentage to trigger the completion of the quest.
  13. Presul New Member

Change MotM pet mechanic. Make MotM mobs do AoE death touches if the mob isn't targeting a player. If the mage/bl/necro/shaman/etc pet gets agro then the mob triggers a death touch of all pets and they have to be resummoned. The masters are on a separate agro list like in the past.
  14. TLP Addict Augur

Not bad, except I would like the opposite of FV ruleset, everything notrade, and unable to loot unless you were in the group/raid that killed the mob.

Everything else I can agree with except maybe keying, because if you take away the ability to sell loot rights you will remove a lot of keying bottlenecks.
    Chillies and Polekn like this.
  15. Quill Augur

If you're going to drop the keys, you might as well go to the Combine/Sleeper schedule. If you're going to do that, going 300% speed would be great.

The unlock process on modern TLP is just waaaaay too slow. Who the heck wants to take another year to get through Classic, whatever the ruleset? Seriously? Its almost like they don't have 22 other expansions that mostly rot on TLP because a lot of people get tired of the server before it gets there, and look to hop on a new one right about that time.

Come up with something that pushes people into the backend a lot sooner while allowing them to catch up much faster. You might be surprised.

And hey... at least its a server type that hasn't been played into the ground.
    Polekn likes this.
  16. Chillies New Member

I don't think most people even understand how FV rule set works, they just hear "all loot tradeable" and think that's how it works......./facepalm

Anyways, FV rule set + Agnarr EXP rate = Dead server. That's my opinion.
  17. Raina Elder

- Decent xp rate (ie way higher than whatever coirnav is set at)
    - All classes available at launch of classic (ie bst/zerker)
    - All raid loot no drop (ie vox, naggy etc loot would be no-drop, can't trade a cloak of flames for example)
    - Include aoc's. The instances have been great.
    - I would personally prefer them to allow 2 or 3 clients per pc if possible. 1 client per pc is kind of a pain.
    - Change the VP key requirement to only requiring a trakanon tooth.
    - 4 month unlocks

I think that would make for a very solid & enjoyable server.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

So you think that a FV rule set, which is usually the most populated server in EQ, combined with Agnaar which was a super popular TLP would = a dead server combined? :rolleyes:
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. DeseanJackson Augur

No thanks to free trade sever.
  20. Brady New Member

It’s time for a server that throttles itself not by the content available, but rather the maximum level available.
    TLP Addict likes this.