TBL Savior (Conquest Tab) Achievements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hickers, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Hickers Elder

Sorry if this has been asked before, I had a look round and couldn't see it mentioned. I wondered if a Dev could comment on how the TBL Savior achievements should work.

As far back as Underfoot (so basically almost as far back as Partisan/Merc/Hero achievements have existed), the Savior of XXX Zone achievements have always required 3 ticks, the Partisan, Mercenary and Hero /ach for the aforementioned zone.

In TBL at the moment though, this is not the case. The description in each Savior tab seems to describe the way it usually is: "This achievement is gained upon completing all quests and missions in Stratos: Zephyr's Flight" for example. But the 3 tick boxes are linked to the challenger achievements from the associated mission only.

So, is this a mistake, or in TBL were the Savior achievements intended to be linked to the mission challenges?
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  2. Hickers Elder

Bump in the hope this gets seen and answered. I’m sure there are others who would like to know about this, especially as it affects Heroic AA’s too.
  3. Monkman Augur

It’s intended.

Remember in EoK/RoS when they added hero AA to hunter?

Yeah this year it’s challenger
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hope they fix the broken achievments in the patch or remove them from this.
  5. Hickers Elder

Adding (or moving) the Heroic AA's to a different achievement is all well and good, but doesn't really explain the complete shift in precedent of how you complete the Savior achievements, nor the innacurate descriptions in the boxes.
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

I hope so too, I really want those converted weapon augs!
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Why should they do things the exact same way in every expansion? Isn't DBG also criticized for that, too?
    Orbital101 likes this.
  8. Hickers Elder

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about anything being different. I'm just pointing out that the status quo from the last 9 expansions has shifted, but the descriptions still fit the old pattern. Therefore it would be nice to know what was the actual intent.
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The description also has cool check boxes for what you need. So yeah, the intent was to have the achievements part of Savior. You are indeed complaining about it. They'll probably be fixed this patch (maybe more stuff broken, who knows heh)
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Clarification for the confused:

1 - he's NOT complaining that Heroic AAs might be tied to something other than savior (in fact, it's been done many times: https://eqboard.rebelhq.org/index.php?topic=22469.0)
    2 - he's complaining that "savior" achievement has meant one thing for 8-9 expacs now, so calling this savior is confusing.

When he said he wasn't complaining, he specifically mentioned point #1. So, no, he wasn't complaining about what you say he's complaining about.

In past expacs, savior meant you had completed partisan, mercenary and hero achievements for a zone. Completing all three granted the savior achievement.

In previous expacs, the savior achievement was under conquest, along with other, unrelated achievements. In TBL, the savior achievement now depends on these other achievements under conquest.

Previous expacs had "challenger" achievements under "General", which depended on these other misc. achievements under conquest. TBL still has this. So we have two sets of achievements which point to the same underlying conquest achievements.

Everyone clear now?

To @Jhenna, seriously, people have complained about achievements being named consistently between expacs? Your underlying point is valid (variety), but please, it applies to actual content, not the naming of achievements.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You are posting on the EverQuest forums and you still had to ask that? :p
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Touche ;)