so after the shock TBL.. what is playerbase thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ptah, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Dawdle Augur

You know as far as EQ go's one has to appreciate the classic era of Kunark, Velious and PoP. Those expansions were so well thought out. Wide open zones, camps for every level and zones that catered to both the casual and hard-core. This game still owes so much of its success to those early years.

Games keep my attention when they are well developed. Like I stated before "How hard is it to make a game for all walks of life, for every level of gamer, that appeals to people across a wide range of abilities, play styles and free time? To make solo, group and raid content like SoE had. It needs to be both challenging and rewarding but not for just a certain level of player. RoS had this to some extent but I really feel like after reading these reviews and seeing what’s been posted online that TBL is only good for one type of player."

Let’s just talk about other games. What games are coming out in 2019 that might come close to being as epic as EQ once was?
    Day’s Gone looks like it might be good, if you like the zombie thing, not sure here.
    Cyberpunk 2077 looks amazing, 400 people currently working on it and it's been in production sense 2012. An RPG by CD Projekt Red. I'm looking forward to this and it wasn't crowd funded... CD Project Red laughs at the thought of micro transactions.

[IMG]

http://www.mweb.co.za/games/view/ta...arding-multiplayer-and-microtransactions.aspx

They say this is done; rumour has it they hired on a bunch of people to add an arena feature so that you can take your toons online and fight other people. CD Projekt Red has not ruled out that they could make this an MMO however it is first to be released as a single player RPG. I just want the immersion and if CD Projekt Red can do that as a FPSRPG fine but as a MMORPG/FPS wow.

There's so many of these threads I can just cut paste my thoughts now. I am not sure though that asking us why we aren't playing other games is really a debate to the topic. I think quite a few us not only talk about other games but we also play them a lot. We usually have that one game we go to but EQ started something 20 years ago and it's not like it stopped there. My feeling is that many people are getting tired of the current market and many people are waiting for different titles to be released.

I do have to question why the Devs took this route with the current Xpac but maybe it's because it doesn't matter. If this Xpac only appeals to the diehard EQ player that have a solid group and it gives them something to chase for a year that might be ok. You know even if EQ isn’t always my go to game the content we have to play is amazing. This title is epic and its great having it still be around but things always change. Hope EQ stays around forever but I do feel it should be releasing content for a broader range.
    Spellfire and Yinla like this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Absolutely 100% wrong..

You do in fact not have to have a single thing done in TBL.. in order to get the port lamp.

Please do not give false miss leading or blatantly false info..

Anyone so long as they have the Tho expansion can in fact get ta'd to that group mission. Not having a single thing done.

It's not even locked behind progression. It's in entry points in relic off of arcstone..

Zero progression in tbl required to be in a group with some one who is at that point and invites you. You beat the event.. and you get the lamp.

So far as saying or implying that anyone can catch a ban for it.. I've been posting about it and even bug reported it. For bout a week and a half now. Not 1 reply from any dev what so ever.

After how many patches and scheduled maintenance down times since launch. It's a very safe bet to think it's actually intended. After all you can literally camp fire I to any tbl zone..
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Playing content is killing mobs in the new expanion, that is what everyone is trying to do isn't it?

Tradeskill gear should not be the best group gear in game if it is purchaseable in the bazar, I thought there was a no drop componant which I'm starting to doubt as it was said here that tradeskill stuff was purchaseable in the bazar.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You miss the point someone has to have done progression to get out of the first zone! Someone somewhere IS forced to do progression.

Give me another example where someone in your group has to have done something (anything) to be able to move on from the first zone?

Nearest I can find is TDS, where you had Katta & Tempest Temple, but the complaints were so bad they later unlocked Brother Island, you would have thought they had learnt something from that, evidently not. TDS wasn't so bad as both Katta & Tempest Temple were decent sized zones, they also had quests and missions in both zones which didn't need anything else done. Stratos is tiny, though it does seem bigger when you keep falling off and having to start the run to the other end again! It also has a lot of quests which are blocked unless you have done things in other zones.If you get cheesed into other zones in TBL you still cannot get the mercenary quests.

Back in Planes of Power it didn't matter that 5+ zones were locked behind progression as there were still many zones which were open and even back then they felt the need to add in group quests so players could continue to zone into other zones.

Not everyone has a fellowship of friends who have done progression to get them in zones and it still feels wrong that it is possible to do so. Also if they expect people to be using fellowships to get into other zones they need to removed the restrictions on how many fellowships you can join in a day.

As for Dicho spells, not over impressed, just a copy and paste from TBM and they weren't that great for the mana they cost to cast, good for a GoM proc but not much else. Not focasable, not twincastable. The spell this time round don't improve over TBM version until you get rank 3 or 4 and until then just cost more mana than the the old one. Something I'm sure most people can live without. Spells in general were very lacking this expansion and lack imagination, sad because normally non level expansion had great new spells.
  5. Evurkvest Augur

Also the difficulty level was totally different in TDS. Even if it was a struggle i managed to do most progression except TT Bigger Fish(not needed for zone access) and AM Confronting Calix(last mission) with just a nec and dru + mercs.

Im all fine with having an amount of very hard stuff to do but dont make it block players out of zones. I will get my main through this but doubt i will have energy to do it for my three alts. There are other ways to make challenge content. Arch for example like CotF Battle Royale, TBL Pure Destruction and RoS Atrocious, optional stuff. RoS was the first expansion i didnt get all my alts trough progression, one was missing VP access. For me playing alts is a big part of the game, its a nice brake from the tedious raiding. If this trend with harder content in contrast to player strength in later expansions continues i see little reason to uphold and pay for my alts. It seems like DGB have given up on attracting new and casual players. Who wants to play a mmorpg in old deserted expansions?
  6. Sancus Augur

You need a diminished inhabited muhbis to make the gear, which is no trade.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

And you miss my whole point on virtually every post.

Everquest .. its kinda in the name Yinla..

Not everyone has issues with the expansion.. Not everyone has the same problem as you do with TBL. Matter of fact in general channel in 5 different servers that I join general channel on not a single thing is brought up as much as it is on the boards about progression .. or people thinking its too hard.

So my curiosity changes .. if people who actually play the game in game in general chat on 5 different servers don't have this hard of a time / hate TBL for being locked behind progression (which I wish every expansion was) why is it only a hand full on the boards talk about it like the sky is falling?
  8. Tucoh Augur

I dunno about comparions to oeq, but im looking forward to playing kenshi, assassins creed odyseey and crowfall this year.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I'll do the progression, but I don't have to like it!

I am literally praying we go back to Velious this December! TBL is meh.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes it is Everquest not Everprogression or Everachievement! Though at the moment it's feeling more like Everslayer! Another day or 2 and it will all be over! :)
  11. NeverPayForLag Augur

So if you bought the collectors edition from the start then you have a lamp a port item which is in the GH and can port ANYBODY without progression into any zone?
  12. Brohg Augur

what? no. no one has said anything remotely like that anywhere
  13. Derresh Augur

14. NeverPayForLag Augur

Everwait ...... somesinks deserve that ;)

Whulfgars second? :p
    But I simply assume that it is possible if the lamp (which I mixed up with the RoS port lamp) has the same function than the collector items...

Who tested that? ;)

Btw, clicking on that Relic door does nothing, even with Maeratas Flag...was for sure before the last patch....
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Nniki Augur

[IMG]
    NeverPayForLag and Pirlo like this.
  16. NeverPayForLag Augur

cool... somehow many wishes from the past have gotten into this expansion.

One surprise after the other :cool:
  17. Natal Augur

You are using a reward given in the final steps of progression intended to make travel easier for those who have completed progression to bypass progression. That is a clear exploit my friend. The fact that you might be able to do it does not mean that the devs intended that you should be able to do it.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  18. Schadenfreude Augur

The lamp won't port you to a zone you haven't already been to once via other means. At least one instance does count, however.

Edit: meh this was already stated in the thread too many posts from a certain "verbose" poster so I "missed" it due to "all" the "noise".
  19. Whulfgar Augur

And as I've already stated I've/bugged it. Couple weeks ago. So it is a known bug. And we will know for 100% crystal clear once we get another patch if it works.. then it's intended to do so. If it does not then we know it's a bug an I already reported it.

Stay tuned true believer ! An let us see what's what after the next patch.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Personally.. considering these posts are seen by devs I feel they intended it to be that way. Or they would post some thing along the lines of no that's not intended for that porpoise. Either way they fix it or leave it no biggie.