Change keying for 3 month servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Punchu Augur

A look at phinnyprogress.com tells me difficulty gating the content is probably going to work just fine going forward if this is what it's looking like in the first real modern eq expansion.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Sure, they had one year per expansion content (except when they had six months per expansion content.) They also had content that took eight, nine, or fourteen months to beat, which we can now beat in a week.

The ones that you can't beat in the TLP timeframe, I am all for tweaking. But you can't just argue that because we have 1/4th the time, a change must be necessary.
  3. RainbowCane Elder

Bump~ just to keep this from getting buried too deep. I know the dev's are busy currently.
  4. Zinkeh Augur

Keying on TLP's makes absolutely zero sense. Hell I've STILL never seen VP, VT, ST......
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

You have put forth 0 effort
    Tomtom likes this.
  6. Hinastrom Elder

I had to give up on ground spawns for VP key on phinny and pay for them. That felt pretty bad.

Other than those ground spawns, the other keys you mentioned are do-able. They take some time, and obviously they are going to be super contested at first, but doable.
  7. RainbowCane Elder

Let's try to keep this thread focused on the task at hand please. If you want to gripe about past expansion keying woes, make a separate post. We are trying to solve a very real near future issue with the UF / HoT / VoA expansions.
  8. RainbowCane Elder

New xpac launched successfully /bump
  9. Ryak Augur

Indeed, this really does need to be top priority, now.
  10. RainbowCane Elder

I would be a hell of a lot more likely to buy a lifetime membership if the Dev's would address flagging in the upcoming expansions. Otherwise I anticipate some major guild fallout in UF / HoT / VoA.
  11. FIsh Lips Augur

The other option is to boycott expansions. If they won't fix the problem, either because they won't allocate the manpower, or because they think "it's fine", then it's time to turn off your subs.

When it comes to VT on Coirnav, I'm out. Not doing that again, especially after the nerfs destroyed the ROI. I will turn my accounts off until PoP. I suggest you do the same on Phinny.

We all have lives, this game is a time and money sink even without this crap. Just say no.
  12. Aegir Augur

Let's take a look of the next year expansions on Phinigel and the challenges in progression they come with.

Seeds of Destruction: Complete all raid events in one tier to unlock next. Fairly simple and how it should be done.

Underfoot: Progression Flags obtained by looting pieces from Raid events. Extremely low flag output for 2 months to complete expansion in era; Need serious adjustment in drop-rate of flag pieces!

House of Thule: Basically same progression system as Underfoot. Extremely Low Flag output for 3 months to complete expansion in era; Need serious adjustment in drop-rate of flag pieces!

Veil of Alaris: Here you need to complete a certain amount of Events in one tier to unlock the next. Current Amount required to progress through all tiers, are a bit too high for 3 months of this expansion.

Tier2 requires 3 completions with only 1 event to request. - Total lockout: 13.5 days.
    Tier3 requires 9 completions with only 2 events to request. - Total lockout: 18 days
    Tier4 requres 13 completions with only 3 events to request. - Total lockout: 18 days.
    To get to final tier you only need to complete 3 Tier4 events: - Lockout: 4.5 days.

So if you are a hardcore guild that raids the minute the lockouts are out you will raid end-content 55days into Alaris.

For Guilds that Raids on a schedule more casually, which also includes them one-shotting every event on their way through progression, this could be 65-70days'ish.

Unless you get stuck on an event, most will see end content in era, but it could be debatable if some of the tiers, especially tier2 requirements should be lowered to unlock more raid content quickly. Being able to only request one raid in Argath for 2 and a half week just seem Meh.

Rain of Fear: Next tier unlocks by defeating current tier. Yay - devs saw the light again this time around! No changes needed.

That's all the expacs for 2019 on Phingel!
    Brumans, a_librarian and Ryak like this.
  13. RainbowCane Elder

Aegir that's a pretty good write-up except that in SoD to unlock Tower (the last raid zone) you need a key which drops 3 at a time from the previous Tier. In order to get 54 keys, even if you start low-man clearing tower for backflag keys, it will still take quite some time into the expansion to clear it.

Regardless major changes need to be made before UF. Both for time's sake (2 months is no longer a good metric for non-level increase xpacs as ALL xpacs have at least 1000+ AA's to get) and for flagging's sake.
    Aegir likes this.
  14. Aegir Augur

Oh yeah, my bad! Sorry! Wasn't that throughroughly with SoD since I assumed flagging improvements for that expac is already a lost cause!
  15. Ryak Augur

All I want for Christmas is this! (I don't mind if it's a late present)
  16. Alundis New Member

I think it would be great if the number of key drops in old expansions---namely SOD through ROS--were doubled, on both live and TLP servers. I can't image this would take much development time. Such a change would spirit along the Phinigel server and throw a lifeline to anyone trying to progress in older expansions.
  17. Ryak Augur

We're coming down to the wire on this with SoD coming out in 2 days. This means you are down to 2 months to get this into a patch before it's too late and incredibly disruptive.
  18. Phinny4Life Lorekeeper

Lets just bump this back up to the top. Love ya Phinny
  19. Aegir Augur

Two patches to go. You can do it Devs!
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Phinigel expansions unlocks at 4x the speed (for level increase) & 6x the speed (for no level-increase).

Essentially the players on the Phinigel Server are being asked to work 4x or 6x as hard as the players on the live servers were to get the same out of the expansion - this is not only unrealistic it's actually not possible to achieve.

Unless the devs take a long hard look at the future path for expansions on Phinny there will be a tipping point at which guilds can no longer progress at a reasonable pace & even the hardest of hardcore won't be able to keep up, the gear gap & aa gap will eventually become too big a gap to jump across regardless of how hard you play.

Not only do the Flag item drops need to be ramped up in numbers of drops (or an alternative system put in place to work around that limitation) gear needs to drop in larger volumes & aaxp & regular xp need to be given some hard thought to as well, these can of course be re-tuned back down once the server catches up to the live expansion but if these changes are simply untenable then the expansion unlocks need to be slowed down.

I've read the argument that these changes are "global" so would affect live servers, well I know that xp changes are server specific so that argument is null & void, flag drops don't affect live as much simply because the live servers are a long way past that content anyway.

Either way, this is not an issue that should be ignored, it will very negatively affect the quality of the game-play experience if not addressed in some fashion, and it needs to be done very soon.