Chase Item Evolving

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cadira Augur

The drop rate/location absolutely need a revision. It's hard enough to level them (as it should be) and to acquire the necessary achievements to use them to their fullest.

Again, make them have a small chance to drop in any mission chest.
  2. Tucoh Augur

They drop off the last four mobs. I imagine the items spawn with the mobs (that's how EQ works still right?). Luck doesn't change loot in any way and there's no way to up your odds except to do more fight fire missions.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I haven't parsed (or gotten) these yet but as a tank it'll be hard to replace an item that has:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=133326
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=133319

Or as a DPS:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=46682
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=133327
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=133320
  4. Tucoh Augur

Speaking of augs, did anyone catalog what the lore groups were for the type 18/19 augs in beta? I'm kind of worried I'll get one to drop and have to start blindly deleting them because I don't think their lore group is visible.

Whispering Midnight Assaulting Magic
    Whispering Midnight Defending Fire
    Whispering Midnight Assaulting Fire
    Whispering Midnight Attacker
    Whispering Midnight Defender
    Whispering Midnight Enhancement
    Whispering Midnight Protecting Fire
    Whispering Midnight Casting Magic
    Whispering Midnight Protecting Magic
    Whispering Midnight Soothing
    Whispering Midnight Warding Fire
    Whispering Midnight Warding Magic
    Whispering Midnight Casting Fire
    Whispering Midnight Dorsal Defense
    Whispering Midnight Ventral Defense
  5. Axxius Augur

Do these items get more xp for killing mobs of certain races, or is the xp the same as long as it's one of the races that count?
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

if you have it set to "active" then it will split EXP.
    we are not omnipotent and didn;lt think to check this.
    When the mob spawns it rolls it's loot and if it can drop them, it sticks it in its inventory. If you have a loot lockout, the zone strips the item from the NPC when the NPC dies.
    Luck only affects coin. It does not alter the chance for items.

it is 100% RNG

As I said, the EXP is only affected by con of the mob and size of group. No setting on an individual NPC will change the amount of EXP an evolving item gets except the NPC level (which affects the con of the NPC :) ) But once it's "red" it doesn't matter how red. If it's 3 levels above you or 50 levels above, It's the same EXP.
    Of course, it matters if it is one of the target races, but that is an off/on. Not a sliding scale.
    Axxius, Pirlo, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  7. ~Mills~ Augur

How does this effect multiple mobs in an instance dropping items?

You start a mission or raid with NO loot lockouts. You start killing and after the first death you then HAVE a loot lockout. It seems, based on this explanation, like every mob from then on out is stripped from having the item even though you started the instance without a loot lockout.

So would the 1st mob be the only one that can drop anything? And the rest are then stripped from having an item because you got a loot lockout after the 1st mobs death? Or does a NO loot lockout instance not strip anything and its only if you spin up another instance with an existing loot lockout that then strips any items spawned on mobs?
    Yinla, Ssdar and Feznik like this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

When you enter a zone with a lockout, a variable is set on the zone.

The script that does the loot check checks if that zone variable exists.
    if it exists, it strips the loot, if not it checks if you already were given a lockout, if not it gives a lockout.

That variable is only set when you spawn the instance and doesn't change during the instance. So... if you came in without a loot lockout, that variable is 0, and never changes for the life of that instance (Instance life is 6 hours) even if you are given a lockout.

This script is the same script that runs successfully on progression servers in progression instances.
    Whulfgar and Nniki like this.
  9. Petalonyx Augur

Does luck change as items evolve?

If i want a max luck evolving item, should i be waiting to activate the evo xp until AFTER all luck fusions are done?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Astral64 Augur

No.

Luck increases as they level. At level four the items all have five luck.
  11. Intenso Augur

my level 4 gloves have no luck
  12. Intenso Augur

Boots no luck either so looks like non vis only has luck?
  13. Astral64 Augur

Yeah luck is only on certain slots. Visibles are not those slots.
  14. Repthor Augur

i have to ask seeing as theres one major drawback to this system as it currently stands. if the zone only checks one time as ur getting the instance. if i invite someone to the task after the instance is gotten (99% of the tasks in this expantion dosent lock ever) then i can just invite someone with a loot lock out or sevral and they whould all bypass this restriction, unless im misunderstanding you. If im not then that should be addressed
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why are we given an account wide loot lockout? Are you trying to stop us playing alts?
    Koryu likes this.
  16. Rondor Augur

I have been told that one can be 85/15 piggybacked into Veeshan's Peak [ROS version] if you can find some flagged people to help you get the explorer achievement for that one.
  17. Vinjin Lorekeeper

I see people saying the evolving items have 4 or 5 levels to them however, when I preview the ring I have, it only has 2 levels to it.

I have EOK Conqueror achievement completed but not ROS finished yet. Are the additional levels tied to completion of both of those?
  18. Intenso Augur

The next item u claim has to be evolved and this happens four times
  19. Intenso Augur

When will patch be in jan to change how they level together ?
  20. svann Augur

Its kind of obtuse.
    1 right click ring
    2 click final result
    3 click reward preview
    4 click inspect
    goto 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.