Chase Item Evolving

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucoh Augur

Would definitely be worthwhile to test it with skull of null and wurmslayer equipped vs not-equipped. I think I'll swap my skull of null for something else until I get time to test it (if nobody else gets to it first).
  2. Tucoh Augur

Kind of hard to do a throwback requirement like this without requiring locked zones. After all TDS is all behind progression too.
  3. Lianeb Augur

Unless it changed since beta the skull or the worms layer do not consume a portion of the xp.
    I know for a fact that having two or more shares the xp pool across the equipped and enabled items.

The XP required per level is almost an exact 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x of the level 1 XP.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Do you know if the xp share is proportional? As in having 2 items equipped causes them to level at half speed?
  5. Lianeb Augur

From what I have seen yes
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Dzarn Developer

Checked the code; multiple active evolving items will split the incoming experience.
    This will very likely be changed so that each item gets full experience in the January patch.
    Nniki, Zhaunil_AB, Orbital101 and 8 others like this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And it is an even split. exp / # active evolving items (active is checked according to Dzarn)
    Nniki and Tucoh like this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Thanks for all the info gents.

Now that I’m curious, would an equipped (say, ammo slot) tradeskill trophy count as active too? :)
  9. Intenso Augur

do yous not check how items exp before you launch this stuff why change it now?
  10. Intenso Augur

just means wasting your time if you exp one at a time if you do that
  11. Cadira Augur

Unpopular Opinion: I don't think this should change.

Currently with the xp split, it forces you to choose which item to level up first (or do all of them like a psycho!) instead of just the obvious wearing of all of them, I think this is a better design.

More importantly, I believe having them all level up at the same time will trivialize the rate at acquiring all four of the best in slot items for all classes far too much. Assuming you need all achievements in TBL to hit level 5 (including raid achievements -- Can a dev comment on this?) it would take a determined group of casual players maybe a month to get the best 4 items in the game to level 4 (almost as good as level 5) and then they'll be bored to death the rest of the expac. Currently chase items are a great way to incentivize people to group up and collectively go do something instead of just getting everything done in a month or two and have nothing else to do for 9-10 months.

Sure, you have to spend a month or two potentially getting missed hunters/collections etc but I think the rate at which you level them up is perfect with them being split and will keep people active for a much greater part of the year and keep people from getting the best gear insanely quickly.
    Nniki, Yinla and Allayna like this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

^I do not cosign. 1 item is enough XP to grind, it's really slow. Doing that x4 is just getting into silliness level. Busy work just to make busy work.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So you think someone who doesn't get them all at once should spend more time leveling them than you who has been lucky enough to get all 4 at once?

It should take the same time to level all 4 items regardless of whether you get all 4 at once or seperately.
    Allayna and Cadira like this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

So you're selfish, basically?

Hey, feel free to hold on to them until you get all 4 then level at once so you aren't "punished".
  15. Cadira Augur

It's pretty simplistic. Why should it take one person 100 hours to get them all and another person 400 hours?

You're going to have lucky people with all the drops max them out in no time, and then half way through the year the rest of the people who didn't get their last chase items until late will still need to level them and have a hard time getting groups to do so, because all those with maxed items will have no incentive to help.

This person could be you.

Each item is best in slot by a mile, it should take xxx hours to max each individual one, a standard workload for each piece of gear.

To those saying it levels too slow, we're three weeks in and I already have level 4 on one, and I've only been moderately attentive to it.
  16. Tucoh Augur

I could go either way. I like the idea of having to really work for these things, but I also don't want to really work for them XD

The only problem I have with them is how random they are to get in the first place. I'm boxing 3x runs a day for the last few weeks and funneling the drops to my main and am 2/4 as of yesterday. It's an even bigger RNG battle for someone who has to share the drops with their group (and also form it instead of just boxing it when they wake up and right before they go to bed). I'd rather have my long-grinds be something that everybody can make progress on. For non-boxers trying to get these a few months from now it'll be extremely difficult because most will be totally sick of Fight Fire, won't need the evolved items and won't need the currency.
  17. Vdidar Augur

I’m not sure why anyone cares one way or the other because these items are for the hardcore players only. Filthy casuals such as myself won’t go do all the back end stuff for them.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nothing to be with being selfish, I haven't said if I have any all or none, I just let you jump to your own conclusions.

All things should be equal, it should take the same time to level all 4 items for everyone be they get all 4 together or over a period of time.
  19. ~Mills~ Augur

You guys are crazy these are not augments or something that will likely go unreplaced by next expansion.

There is already plenty of delay for acquiring them: 5 levels of evolving, all the achievements, all the augment farming plus you have to beat the RNG to see them in the first place. I know people who have done the task 40 times and have their 4 and others who have seen a single drop in 40 runs.
    Koryu likes this.
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

After running this mission for 26 times now and not seeing one I wonder what or how does the loot table work...

Example: When the mob spawns is his loot table set then? Is it when it dies? Is it when the instance spins up the loot is set? Does my "Luck" determine the outcome?

I've almost given up on these "magical 4 items" and just focused on coin for augs.

So... is it 100% RNG or is there a magical way to up my odds?

Also I'm glad they take time to level the item, when RoS launched I was maxed AA, it didn't take but a month or so to re-max my level and AA's plus get fully through all progression/collectables!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.