Chase Item Evolving

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruven_BB Augur

Any guidelines on how to evolve these items, there are several theories out there, but I've fought in several current zones and gotten evolves such as Stratos and Smoke, to nothing in Mearatas.

Thanks,
  2. Tucoh Augur

I haven't seen any good data on the best way to evolve them besides killing TBL group mobs. It'd be interesting to kill 100 of each type (mephit, armor, jann etc) or faction (earth/wind/water/fire) or zone and see what the progress is. My evolved item has been steadily making progress as I check it every so often while doing TBL stuff.

Personally I'm losing my mind over the Fight Fire mission. I've done 43 of them and got one evolving item (and it was early on, like on my 3rd mission). I've been trying to vary how I kill them, asking everyone I know what they do, joining different people's groups to see how they do it and everyone says the same thing, "I dunno I just go in and kill them or whatever and get one every 4 or so missions.".

I'm not a big subscriber of complex theories about EQ to explain RNG but like I said, I'm losing my mind.

[IMG]
  3. Orbital101 Augur

PoFire , armor type and been in raid format wont give any XP.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You’re not alone, friend. As you said, RNG will RNG unfortunately. FWIW I’m 6 for 39 on Fire Fight runs, but still no gloves. It’s easy, but definitely mind numbing boring.

Exp wise they seem to be going up just fine from the mission itself, usually ~3% a run with 2 toons and 2 mercs in group.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It should come as no surprise but the evolving items split XP. Where I saw the best XP for my Gloves was a static zone Mearatas grind group.
  6. Monkman Augur

So far 8% into lvl 3 on the ring

Mearatas is good if you avoid armors

I am curious if xp is split amongst those with evolving items in group or if it’s self only split between your own evolving items
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Just out of curiosity's sake, is it safe to say the experience transfer machine in Corathus Creep doesn't work on these? I haven't gotten one in over 30 runs, but I can't meet the requirements to convert any of them anyways so not too worried.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Did you see them drop and lose the rolls, or did they not drop?
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Have not seen any drop.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Timesink, timesink, timesink.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

Agreed, though I sort of like that this is tied to this mission. It gives incentive to folks to redo something that is required for progression. One of the issues where I am is there isn't anyone else looking to do the mission, and I've bought all of my type5 augs so I am almost to the point where it isn't worth my time (probably will get two of the bags - one for shared bank, one for me, then that's it).
  12. Orbital101 Augur

I do XP all 4 at once and its suuuuper sloooow! Lvl 3 to 4 is hell, I cant imagine 4 to 5 lol. So ideally if you only have 1 I dont think your getting behind on XPing them and just get that one to lvl faster.
  13. Thrinity Journeyman

Any info on what requirements you need to convert those items? I have not seen one in like 20 missions, but if i cant envolve it i can stop doing them lol
  14. Riou EQResource

Boots = all non optional explore achievements
    Gloves = POP, EOK, RoS hunters (think tbl too?)
    Ring = champion of eok and ros (maybe more as you tier it up)
    Shoulders = collections cotf+
  15. Thrinity Journeyman

Thank you very much for the info!
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

uote="Tucoh, post: 3730961, member: 423554"]I haven't seen any good data on the best way to evolve them besides killing TBL group mobs. It'd be interesting to kill 100 of each type (mephit, armor, jann etc) or faction (earth/wind/water/fire) or zone and see what the progress is. My evolved item has been steadily making progress as I check it every so often while doing TBL stuff.

Personally I'm losing my mind over the Fight Fire mission. I've done 43 of them and got one evolving item (and it was early on, like on my 3rd mission). I've been trying to vary how I kill them, asking everyone I know what they do, joining different people's groups to see how they do it and everyone says the same thing, "I dunno I just go in and kill them or whatever and get one every 4 or so missions.".

I'm not a big subscriber of complex theories about EQ to explain RNG but like I said, I'm losing my mind.[/quote]

There is no trick. Each of the 4 mobs has a percentage chance to drop a specific item. A simple, non-scripted, no-tricks drop-table.
    it is not a "split" BUT the amount of EXP per kill does change by the size of your group. It is a chart based on group size and con level of the NPC. Green con and lower gives 0 exp.
    I based the EXP on x amount of white con solo kills. Yellow and red will speed you up, blue's will "slow" you down. Groups can usually kill faster than solo... thus the less per kill, but made up for by the kill speed.
    And yes, Only certain races give exp.
    There are not any "per mob" multipliers on EXP. It is only Con and Group size.

correct. exp convert machine does not work.
    Boots = all non-optional explore achievements
    Gloves = PoP, EoK, RoS hunters (think tbl too?)
    Ring = champion of eok and ros (maybe more as you tier it up)
    Shoulders = collections cotf+
    Gundolin, Nniki, Zhaunil_AB and 2 others like this.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Thanks for this info.

I think what the guy was asking was, if you have multiple equipped at the same time, do they level individually slower because the evolving item exp is being “shared” between any you have equipped and toggled on? I ask because my toons have all 4 and 2/4 respectively, and the second toon’s evolution % has essentially already passed the first’s on the same items, despite looting them a week+ after the main toon did and grouping together pretty much all the time. So it certainly looks like they’re dividing the exp and that more active at the same time = slower individual leveling.

And would other evolvers like the jeweled skull of null eat into that if “active”?
    Tucoh likes this.
  18. Qbert Gallifreyan

If we get any more in the future please consider not tying them all to a locked zone a lot of folks can't get into :) (veeshan's peak).
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

As far as I know. Each item gets full exp. But that would take input from a coder for a final answer.
    They do require more exp to level per tier.
    I hope Jewelled Skull and Wurmslayer don't since they require 0 exp.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

All of mine are still on the first rank. But rogue with 2/4 equipped is getting noticeably faster evolution than SK at 4/4. Mostly the source of the exp has been the fire fight mission itself, so blue con kills with a few yellows peppered in. Both using jeweled skull that I recently disabled, just in case.

Might be worth a check if you can run it by Code. Would hope it’s not intentional given how slow the higher ranks sound like, but that’s up to you, good sir :).

Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.