New lore group on Secret Dawn Gem of Brilliance and Gem of Vigor??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raccoo, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Raccoo Augur

Just made two augs using the diminished muhbis, and found out that I cannot equip both at the same time, because they are in the same Lore Group.

Want to try to keep others from making this mistake as those muhbis are pretty uncommon, and the lore group note wasn't something that popped out to me, so I'm sure others missed it. (ntm the other TS augs don't seem to have this lore group).
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

In order to have heroic stamina added to the "caster" augs Ngreth decided to add a new lore group. He said he did not want people stacking more augs than he intended of a stat by stacking both the hsta added to the caster aug and the hsta that has always been on the melee or tank or hybrid augs.

Previously people who wanted to use heroic intelligence or wisdom got screwed as he was treating an augment that had say +12 hint and hwis as if it had 2 heroic stats on it, when in reality no one in game benefits from both hint and hwis, its always an either or. Meanwhile melee or tanks or hybrids actually got 2 heroic stats on all their augments like +12 hsta hstr or +12 hdex hagi.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Just pointing out that there are benefits for everyone in the game from having both HInt and HWis. The mod2s which they are associated with differ. How much the benefit is varies depending on who the player in question is, but there is a benefit. The casters have actually had a bonus from the start as they would tend to get 2 heroic stats on one aug almost all the time while the melee, tanks, and hybrids tended to get just 1 per aug, or just one bumped up. This was done more to address the fact that HInt and HWis had been paired for so long that since the other heroic stats were being paired now with HSta that the pair should be as well. They could have almost just as easily created a HInt + HSta aug and a separate HWis + HSta aug, except that they had spent the past several expansions treating those two heroic stats really as a single one rather than two separate ones when it came to item creation. Regardless, Ngreth would have still had the same concern with people wanting to stack HSta more than he had originally planned, and thus he made them lore equipped.
  4. Brohg Augur

no they don't
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Hmm, could have sworn there were 2 more mod 2s which were added to give each Hstat its own pair instead of it just being the higher of those two, but guess I am thinking of something else.
  6. Lianeb Augur

Hint and HWis effect DoT and Spell Shielding Mod2s.
    But the class determines which Heroic effects "both" of the Mod2s.
    There isn't a class where 1 is Wis and the other is Int, all classes use one stat for both Mod2s
  7. InnerDruid New Member

I don't really mind the idea of lore groups for augments, but I seriously object to having to keep a full spreadsheet on hand at all time to see whether or not I should loot one that drops.