Question about Chase Loot in TBL

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by OldCa61, Dec 28, 2018.

1. OldCa61 Augur

Greetings, I have been all around TBL since release. I am in a med size guild. Lots of hours online since release but, I have yet to see even one Chase Loot drop ? Not even a whisper in chat.

Wasn't there supposed to be all 'New" Chase loot or Just a continuation of Older Exp Chase loot ?
  2. Nniki Augur

"Chase loot" refers to the evolving items that drop from the last wave of mobs in the Fight Fire mission:
    "Ultra-rares" refers to the items that are copies of raid items that can drop in group content. Not many have been found yet. There are only a few that have been submitted to EQ Resource so far: https://items.eqresource.com/itemsearch.php?searchid=260509.

Here are some quotes from Ngreth on the topic:
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. Cadira Augur

"Chase loot" in tbl is defined as the four evolving items that have the potential to drop off the last four mobs you fight in the Fight Fire mission.

I assume what you are actually referring to is "ultra rare" items. These are items that do indeed drop in tbl content, with stats I believe to be equivilent to ros raid gear, and are certainly new to this expac.

However, based on your own evidence and all personal and anecdotal evidence I've heard of thus far, these items appear even more rare than the previous ultra rare items that dropped in eok and ros. I don't believe anyone in my guild has seen a single piece and most of us are putting lots of hours in all around the expansion.
    Ladene and OldCa61 like this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

They are also the super doooper rare aug's that go in those chase items ..

Mass slaughtering in Maeratas .. for over 2 weeks now and I've only heard of 1 dropping on the entire server .. (The rathe)
    OldCa61 likes this.
  5. Cadira Augur

I DID have a type 18 drop off a named in ...aalishai (sp) and know a few guild have seen those so maybe that's just some really bad luck but yeah they are def not a dine a dozen.

Hardest part will be finding the ones you actally want!
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

The "rare augs" Type 18/19 .. can drop off of any named from what I've seen.

I have friends who had a type 18/19 drop off planes of power old school named. Unsure if that is supposed to be or not..

And grats on that btw!
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

The augments aren't super dooper rare or I'm a monkey's uncle. I have 7 unique ones (including the one that has the mitigation buff baked in - that one I actually got from a T1 named in Esianti) along with quite a few duplicates.

Doesn't really matter much to me though, I can't meet any of the requirements for any of the chase items so they'll all be banked augments anyways.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. menown Augur

I'm still trying to get one of the evolving items to drop. I've had 0 drop out of 30 "Fight Fire" missions. I also know people who have had 2 drops in a mission, and others who had an average of 1 drop per 3 runs. This only leave me scratching my head. The RNG comments can only go so far.
  9. Tucoh Augur

10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Tucoh likes this.
  11. svann Augur

12. Tucoh Augur

Zenyan likes this.
  13. Zenyan Journeyman

14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Despite the proof the ultra rares drop, there must be something wrong. Is it set to 1 in 100 000 now instead of 1 in 10 000 ?! Is there something wrong with the zone settings? They simply are not dropping like they should be.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  15. Cadira Augur

Where as I believe they are a little too rare at the moment, I am glad they are more rare than the old ros/eok UR's. The market seemed saturated with ur's last couple expansions and it seems wrong that someone could be walking around with almost complete raid gear without ever raiding.

Granted the t3 gear is almost as good as ur so guess it doesn't matter too much if there's plenty of then floating around so I'm not sure how to feel.

As far as chase, we have a theory killing the guards first is the way to go. We think it's possible that, when killing the efreeti first, them inhabiting the armors changes their npc entirely and this might make them not have a chance to drop it. Effectively you would lose 2 of the 4 mobs that can drop chase, cutting your chances in half. I'm sure that's not the case but we've had good luck doing it like that none the less.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I thought that way for a short time when they first came out back in CoTF. It quickly passed. It really doesn't matter tbh. Why does it really matter if someone can get a past expansions raid gear? Getting current raid gear was a mistake, sure... and the devs said it likely won't happen again.
  17. OldCa61 Augur

Any Rares Drop in TBL ??? Been about a month and personally I have seen exactly 'ZERO". Talked with many on server and they haven't seen any, even the raiders. Let me know what you've experienced :)
  18. feeltheburn Augur

Had a friend and couple guildmates get items this past week.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  19. Riou EQResource

yea got one from a light blue jopal in plane of fire mission, it was an old 2 year ago EOK Raid stat one and not the TBL version :(
    OldCa61 likes this.
  20. OldCa61 Augur

Can you link or give stats and name of items ??? Thanks