Physical Enhancement AA

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by took2summit11, Dec 20, 2018.

1. p2aa Augur

Still 0 parry, dodge, shield block on them, like usual.
  2. josh Augur

It isn't broken, it is just way to weak to be noticeable, you can see how much it affects by adding a type 5 hstr aug now in game. it does boost your ac, its just not enough to matter. to put it in perspective, one point of item ac, after running through dzarns formula, gives me 0.44 actual ac. 1 point of hstr give me 0.067 actual ac. no amount of it is ever going to matter.
    Brohg likes this.
  3. Fintank Augur

Parry works for all the TBL raid bosses I have tanked so far. Granted it's not some super high chance, but it's more than 0. No Dodge or Block so far though!
  4. p2aa Augur

The only parry you are seeing comes from fortitude or flash of anger.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

I've posted about this before. It takes 510 hSTR to equal 35 AC in a shield's type 5 slot. That's why we all go get the LDoN AC augs.

I don't imagine DBG ever giving us a shield type 5 slot aug that has say 1020 hSTR by itself (i.e. 70ac) so tanks stacking hSTR isn't likely to happen unless and until the formula is improved by an order of magnitude (or two). DBG has designed for weakling tanks where strength has little merit.
  6. Fintank Augur

Oooh I forgot that got accounted for, nice catch!
  7. josh Augur

nope, it would be nice if that's the way it worked but its not at all like that, I have made quite a few posts about that, they are long, ill try to sum it up. basically, CA and the avoidance part of PE increase your avoidance AC, avoidance AC is not subject to any caps. it's the right number in your inventory. For example, if you had 1500 raw avoidance ac from agi/hagi/avoidance/defense/(whatever else), then you have a 90% bonus from CA and no bonus from PE, your avoidance ac would be 1500 * 1.9 = 2850. adding 15% from PE, it would be 1500 * 2.05 = 3075.

So you are adding about 225 avoidance ac. how much that effects things depends heavily on what you are fighting and what debuffs the mob has on it, but its nowhere near 15% less damage. it would be somewhere around 1%. I know that doesn't sound great but I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are a million little things like this in EQ and all the little things add up to big things.
    Tucoh and Brohg like this.