Request: Converter For Weapon-to-Ornament

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Dec 27, 2018.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They seriously need to figure out how to convert old weapons to ornaments.

Just a DBC container for 500DBC....Pop the weapon in, click combine, boom, your weapon is now an ornament.
    Jhenna_BB and So Happy like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

This would be a huge revenue generator. Would probably massively increase the number of items in the database though.

What I want is an armor ornament that makes my helmet look like the old custom Velious helmets on old models.

[IMG]
    So Happy and Aurastrider like this.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

The DE one on the right is awesome and its something I would spend money on in the store which is something I have not done in a couple of years due to running out of things to buy. Playing an SK I find it difficult to find "evil" looking ornaments that actually says I am a death knight. They have proven recycling old content to be profitable I just wish they could put someone on recycling old items like these to also provide more variety and increase revenue in the process.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I had forgotten about the Velious armor. Get these items back in the game, please!
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Sadly, this will probably never happen. It would require a LOT of work and time. Each conversion would need a new item (the ornament) created as well as a recipe. It would probably be less work to have them change the ornament slot to accept any weapon.
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

A simpler solution would not be to have the combined result in a new augment...but to just add a vanity slot. I have seen this used in other games. You have a slot that is used for stats, and another slot that is used for vanity. If there is nothing in the vanity slot, than the item used in the stat slot is what is visually displayed instead.

And yeah, a way for them to make money on it would be obvious. You have to unlock the hero's forge from the marketplace...this vanity slot could be unlocked in the same manner.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is the same system implemented in EQ2. I would welcome it in EQ1 !!
  8. smartwater New Member

Yes please, need this!