Live Update Bugs 12/18/2018

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

In Trials of Smoke - Trial of the Wending Ways sometimes I slide and fall off the landing points.
    The particular bad spot launches at 760.15, -375.41, 1.59 and lands at approx 481.16, -433.83, 61.59
    If the landing spot could be moved to 491.58, -439.01, 61.59 that would help (I'm not sure how these things work).

Here's a picture and short gif of it happening:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Seems really picky but spent hours trying to do the achievement and failing, turned FPS all the way up and tried various things to make sure I don't slide off. Even without touching the keyboard it seems like just dumb luck if I will fall or not.
    Prathun, Ssdar and Lisard like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Did you guys try doing it with different mounts?
  3. took2summit11 Augur

This was posted somewhere else but deserves more attention. I noticed a lot of buffs that go to the song window, or getting bugged occasionally. So far the ones that are confirmed bug (sometimes, but not all the time):

1. GOM procs says you are granted, but the “buff” never actually comes
    2. Nec Death bloom cast it but nothing happens
    Edit: 4. Nec gift of deathly resolve. Cast the spell to get the twin cast buff procs but the buff doesn’t come
    3. Pal refute/protective buffs sometimes do not come

Again, all these are confirmed happening sometimes, but not all the time.

These are the ones I’ve noticed based off the classes I play, so far it seems like all the issues are associated with the song window.
  4. Monkman Augur

Crashing in Plane of Smoke

Trial - Ash Cliff / Lava

Mob that causes crash - non-targetable "bee swarm"

Char gets gfluxed - paths thru the swarm - computer shuts down
  5. Poyzen Frawg Augur

There is a severe shortage of Diminished inhabited muhbis. I have seen 2 since expansion release and zero in the last 4 days. Everyone in the group needs like 50 of these.

Please tune up this frustrating drop rate.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Kianara Lorekeeper

The collectables are spawning on the lower ledges of islands .. and due to geometry and inward sloping angles of the bottom portion of the islands, there's no way to even fall to get them.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My EQ log is borked

[Thu Dec 13 16:06:30 2018] Your Bestial Savagery Rk. III spell on Adeity has been overwritten. I am wizzy I do not get Bestial Savagery!

[Thu Dec 13 16:08:44 2018] A furtive messenger has taken 12925 damage from Bond of Xalgoz Rk. II by Vermax. (Critical)
    [Thu Dec 13 16:08:44 2018] A furtive messenger has taken 29641 damage from Polybiad Blood Rk. III by Adeity.
    [Thu Dec 13 16:08:44 2018] A furtive messenger has taken 27269 damage from Horde of Polybiads Rk. III by Cindane.

I am also being sammed by other players damage, which makes looking at my own damage output a major pain in the butt. Majorty of my own spells seem to be appearing at criticals but it is hard to see with everyone elses damage getting in the way.
  8. Monkman Augur

As for the drop rate on the Group Muhbis I think it’s fine, it creates the best player made group gear and augs (almost equal minus raid focus to phlogiston armor)

We did see a lot more day one than I’ve seen since then.
  9. Unknown1010 New Member

Necro spell Dissident Paroxysm does not apply the Dissident Paroxysm 1 with the cast anyone know if this is a bug or am i reading the spell wrong? i see the 8 sec lifesteal i guess but i dont see the 42 sec dot for the second part of spell. possible bug?
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This is a problem that has been ongoing for like a year. We get messages about buffs we did not cast.
    This is a more serious problem. Despite having other people's dots marked as not to be shown, we are getting them shown to us. I reported it in this thread on another page.
  11. Tucoh Augur

I've seen all of them in missions. I've gotten.... six total? When doing about.... twenty missions? How many missions have you done?

I think 6/20 is a pretty good drop rate. People shouldn't expect to have a full set of them really.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes. If you do not have the achievement, it offers the same item to you so you are not totally out of an item until you complete the achievement. I can't stop you from claiming the reward if you don't have the achievement, but the reward won't give you the next step item if you don't have the achievement.
    If you don't have the achievement it gives you the 2/2 item, but since that item didn't actually evolve, the "evolution" part drops off and doesn't show. (this is a default thing in the evolving items code)
    I'll see if I can duplicate the augment part of the bug, and if so, I think it's a code bug that I will need to pass on.
    oops. I'll look into this.
    I expect the gloves are the same.
    I will consider this.
    Not a Bug.
    These :)
    They do have a chance to drop on 36 of the rares (These are the Tier 2 rares)
    Can you give a location of the ledge above?
    menown, Prathun and Nniki like this.
  13. Qbert Gallifreyan

I think there may be a display issue with at least one charm (I don't have others to test).

I have been using Venril Sathir Charm, from Howling Stones (RoS); this is supposed to power up wearing RoS visibles. Prior to TBL release, I had it maxed. I have since updated all of my visibles to TBL (mix of T1 and T2), but the item window stats stay the same whether I click the modified or unmodified view

The calculation/display on my inventory page seems to be taking the correct, lesser, amount. (It has 293 ac with augments, regardless of modified/unmodified button, but when I un-equip it I lose 133 ac).

For reference, I am using the default ui and am a paladin.
  14. tilamce New Member

Item "Ice Shyne" is lore, but able to be looted more than once. If looted cannot be equipped or traded after you already have one....
  15. Tucoh Augur

Re: Delivery Quest:

16. Tucoh Augur

xpost
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you happen to wipe on the Zephyr's Fight raid, during phase 2 - you will get reset messages over and over however the event will not actually reset.

Also, Interminable Lightness of Being can leap right off the island. This is a bad thing. He'll leap from under the world killing people from his AE's and eventually leash and reset HP.
  18. Eaiana Augur

tasslevine mulcher mobs on Brother Island now see through invisibility and are KoS (con threateningly). Was this change intended? The lore for the zone indicates that only the sirens and named mobs are supposed to be KoS.
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I posted this in the beta Stratos sub forum, but I guess no one is peeking there anymore.
    Killed a named in Stratos today, and the factions were not balanced like they are on other mobs.

Dour Eighth Guardian
    Your faction standing with Servants of Esianti has been adjusted by -30.
    Your faction standing with Servants of Aalishai has been adjusted by 30.
    Your faction standing with Servants of Mearatas has been adjusted by 20.
    Your faction standing with Servants of Loruella has been adjusted by 30.
  20. doah Augur

AA xpac filter drop down should be put in order from latest to oldest xpac. Would be nice if there were better filtering for tradeskill aas and which xpac they are available in.