Physical Enhancement AA

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by took2summit11, Dec 20, 2018.

1. took2summit11 Augur

Funny, I was only really focusing on the general tab CA/CS/AOW AAs that I completely overlooked physical enhancement up until I just recently maxed the aforementioned 3 AA lines and needed to decide what to work on next. It looks like PE at level 12 gives ac soft cap bonus of 25% (no idea what this really means to my actually gameplay) and chance to avoid melee by 15%. Does this mean once I max my PE for the 513 AAs I will effectively take 15% less damage plus whatever the heck 25% bonus to soft cap AC means? If so, this AA line seems just as important, if not even more important, than CA/CS/AOW?
  2. Riou EQResource

It's basically CA + CS in 1 AA line
  3. Tucoh Augur

Soft cap and AC is really simple.... you see...

[IMG]

But seriously, just keep dumping points into defensive AAs and don't worry too much of what brand of +good you're getting. The only real gearing decision you have to make is whether your type 5s are agi, dex or sta, and it doesn't matter all that much what you chose (I use dex, but would switch to sta if I raided)
    Pirlo likes this.
  4. Hickers Elder

Genuine question I’ve had since first reading that essay on AC calculations:

Because hstr is used in calculating shield AC, and shield AC is applied at full value, have any tanks ever experimented/parsed the benefits of stacking hstr?
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Hstr doesn't actually effect shield AC, never has :(
  6. Hickers Elder

So Dzarn’s massive explanation is wrong? Or are you just saying it’s always been broken? Not arguing, just genuinely curious.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

It was meant to be that way, but has always been broken. Tests were done after they came out.
  8. Hickers Elder

Sorry if it seems like I’m flogging a dead horse, just find it interesting.

Do you think it’s possible that when hstr was introduced, the totals achievable were so low that the difference was unparseable, and therefore assumed broken? Nowadays, with it being possible to stack heroics in the region of +2000, the difference might be noticeable?
  9. sojero One hit wonder

Possibly, but if it really took that much to make a parsable difference, then it wouldn't be worth it anyhow
  10. Tucoh Augur

You'd have to add a tremendous amount of AC to be equivalent to the benefit from stacking hSTA.
  11. took2summit11 Augur

With all the DD/AE in TBL now, is it preferred for group tanks to stack hSTA instead of hDEX?
  12. Tucoh Augur

Maybe. I'm still stacking hDEX on the belief that the damage contribution from crits/ripostes outweighs any potential benefit I get from hSTA. It's unconventional to value damage as a tank, but when you're putting out 400k dps because you've got a brd/bst/ber/rng/shm pumping you full of jet fuel ADPS it makes more sense.

Additionally, tanks get stupid-high HP from defensive abilities (Dissident shielding, glyph of Dragon scales, dissident blessing, savage growth etc) that those AEs are often a problem for group members before the combined AE + physical damage is a problem for the tank.

Even still, I'd wager that even in some of the heavy spell damage situations tanks face in TBL (Ex: lava trial), the additional hDEX contributes more toward survivability than hSTA.
  13. Fintank Augur

I cast my vote for #TeamhAgil
    Quill likes this.
  14. Koryu Professional Roadkill

You only need more HP if you're trying to stay alive. If you don't have trouble with staying conscious, then you have enough HP and can focus elsewhere. I continue to use H-DEX as my primary because I play a lot outside of raid time, and damage contribution from the tank is non-negligable.

I wonder if H-STR contributions to Shield AC has always been broken because of something to do with the shield slot, because Furious Bash focus never worked either and that was dropped. Eh, I'm speculating and probably wrong, since the bashing heal-procs on recent shields seem to work just fine.
  15. Riou EQResource

IIRC Furious Bash was dumped because it is a 1%-max% listed hate increase only to your Bashes, and Bashes are like really really low aggro base, so the "70%" amounts to basically nothing
    Koryu likes this.
  16. Brohg Augur

Is interesting to me that you continue using non-Dex type7s, despite your full Dex type5s
  17. Koryu Professional Roadkill

AC is always first priority.
  18. Brohg Augur

The extremity of your AC-exclusive choices in type7s would match with a choice for hAgi type5s, is what I mean
  19. Triconix Augur

[IMG]
  20. Tucoh Augur

Has anyone parsed hAgi efficacy against TBL raid mobs?