Daybreak Winter Extravaganza! December 18 - 31

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. questor56 New Member

One of my guildies had an excellent suggestion for an easy to implement perk for buying a lifetime membership. Add an exclusive title, their suggestion which I thought was excellent was "Immortal".
    Lisard, Chikkin, Kaenneth and 2 others like this.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

Thanks I did log out and then log back and now I see no info other then a Thank you for all access.
    But I updated my ticket to make sure some one checks that the credit card is gone from their end. thanks for the info
  3. Thunderkiks Augur

Thank you Daybreak. Great deals for sure :)
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No reason to think it would do so. All accounts go up daily now. Has nothing to do with paid or not or anything else.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Quill Augur

That would be great. Both Immortal XX and XX the Immortal.

And i'm well aware that on paper they add XX amount to a 12 month for the first year and therefore that's supposed to justify/pay for the perks. But they're also charging $300 for a lifetime sub that won't pay off for 3 years, and limiting it to 4000 people.

Having some nifty things that go with it would be nice. Make the armor and satchel platinum :p. Cause gold in this game is second rate!

Either way, lets not pretend these doodads really cost them anything. You'd think taking $300 from people via a special one-time offer, they'd toss them a few no-cost shinies to go with it.
    Chikkin and Zolmaz Zo'Boto like this.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think the way I am going to come down on this offer is that they should have had some level of fine print that offers a pro rated refund if the game shuts down before XX months elapse. What would it hurt to guarantee people who pay that level of money in a lump some say 36 months?
  7. Risiko Augur

If you have the money to do it, and you believe that EverQuest will be around and hold your interest for another three years, then it's a good deal. That being said, it's not for me, so I will pass.
    Chikkin likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

According to Daybreak, 2000 of 4000 lifetime subscriptions have sold. They will sell out by Thursday-Friday when paychecks come in or Saturday when working people check their emails. A lot of purchasers are effusive about the games so perhaps there's a "GoFundMe" element to this.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The Golden Hero's Forge set was like $100+ by itself if I remember right. So overall you are getting a discount, but that's taking into account spending $100 for a set of ornaments.
  10. Quill Augur

Ya... but lets not pretend that stuff costs them anything once made. Hit PLATINUM on the color, change a couple of strings to read Platinum, make some in titles/suffixes, and toss them in for Christmas. Who cares? They're getting $300 ffs. At least try to gift wrap it with some ribbons and bows.
    Chikkin likes this.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I never said that it did. I was just pointing out that it actually is a decent deal if you factor in the normal cost of the Golden Armor.

Honestly I like the idea of an Immortal title for the lifetime Sub. Something to set your char apart as being a lifetime subscriber.

But to include everything that comes with the 1 Year subscription would probably be a little much at the current price point. Like I said the Armor alone was $100+ if not closer to $200 the last time it was on sale, $35 for the Heroic char and probably another $10-15 for the bag. That's a good $200-$250 worth of stuff right there at the normal price.
    Cazmac and Thunderkiks like this.
  12. Nniki Augur

13. Ckador Augur

Does a Lifetime sub grant you all Veteran AA's?
    Chikkin likes this.
  14. Zamiam Augur

no it does not , you would still have to wait for the Anniversary mark for that account to accumulate each vet year

However, that would have been a nice perk for more orders ..
    Chikkin likes this.
  15. Wijimoto Journeyman

OMG! I think you have discovered the date that EQ will finally end. But I'm not sure I will live to be 100 so I can take full advantage of this..
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I just want an upgrade from 14 to 16 character slots available; so I can have one of each race/class on each account.

(and account character transfers again)
    Cazmac and Chikkin like this.
  17. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

They are milking for the last time before EQ is finished, this the case with lifetime membership offers on all games. That is it for EQ folks, they are starting a new project (possibly a new EQ as stated in the "leak") which the lifetime membership won't cover.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

I think its more realistic that some of the other games in the all access package which is actually what people are buying is life time of all access are more likely than EQ to go under in the next 3 years. If anything I imagine players on those games might be getting "milked" as you claim but for EQ there is no apparent sign that the sky is falling. For the most part EQ has dodged the layoff rounds save a couple of folks which if I recall correctly were more on the customer relations end and not on the development side of things.
    Zolmaz Zo'Boto likes this.
  19. Critts Augur

I think everyone is overlooking the obvious here. If you have a lifetime sub you cant rage quit and threaten to cancel your 15 boxes’ subs. How would anyone get the Devs to make changes with their shear dollar power? (This statement is a joke). In response to the OP a hero forge keyring would sell this for me. I feel like the lifetime sub is very risky with the recent backlash about TBL even tho I kind of like it.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

If TBL is what's holding you back search the threads during ROS launch. It had just as much if not more complaints and yet here we are a year later with TBL. Further look at the January and February threads regarding the changes to heroic adventures and the whole catusgate disaster. Then there were the people that got their charm aug taken away for bypassing the anniversary quest mechanics. Then again look at the threads from April-June regarding the whole legal mess. Despite all of the negatives over the last year they managed to turn it around and here we are again. Most of the players have either forgotten about that stuff or just found new ways to enjoy the game.

I imagine in a month or two TBL will be tuned better, bugs will be worked out as best they can and all of these fears will go away just in time for anniversary time and then talks about the next expansion release and speculation into another POP based expansion or something different. In short don't let TBL be the driving force to pass up on this great deal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.