Daybreak Winter Extravaganza! December 18 - 31

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symbius Augur

Pretty silly the bonuses aren't included in the lifetime option.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. So Happy Augur

Actually, I think 2.5 years is more accurate as that is what you would receive at the yearly rate.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Mashef like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Do lifetime subscribers get priority in keeping their character names when servers merge?

I'd say that alone could justify the price for some.
  4. Nudia Augur

Bought this, but immediately disappointed. The remaining time converted to SC properly, but the lifetime sub doesn't get the heroic character, bag, and armor that the 12+bonus gets? Eesh.
  5. Mashef Augur

Makes sense, I just don't pay yearly since I usually take time off throughout the year..I'm probably in the minority.
  6. NerdieMathGirl314 New Member

If you already have a lifetime membership (as a former DCUO lifetime membership), do you need to purchase the Lifetime All Access Membership for Everquest?
  7. NiNiK New Member

*a panicked gnome scrambles up to the message board, crayon clutched tightly in one hand*

Announcement says vault is open! Announcement says cuddlesome critters nin vault! Vault is not open. Who is gonna feeds the critters an' gives 'em pets an' treats?

PEASE SEND HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Translation: none of the items mentioned in the Frostfell post are actually available in the DB store.)
  8. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Pallor and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Roxxlyy Augur

They should have gone live at noon, but I'll check - if the devs have gone home for the evening it may have to wait until the morning, unfortunately.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Yoda Journeyman

I figured this out after I made the purchase. Only reason I chose the Lifetime. Pretty disappointing.

You have become better at reading Daybreak Offers +1
    Cazmac likes this.
  11. NiNiK New Member

You fixed it! You fixed it! HOORAY! The critters an' chris'mas is saved!

*dashes into the vault in search of a baby reindeer to adopt*
    Roxxlyy, Gyurika Godofwar and Prathun like this.
  12. Odd1 New Member

Roxxlyy is there a chance the Lifetime buyers can get the bonus?
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

$120 a year, or $300 for lifetime? Do you think the game will be worth paying for without a break for at least 2.5 more years, meaning at least 2 more expansions. That's the question.

Didn't SOE have other games with lifetime sub options that then relatively quickly changed the games to have made it not worth it at all?

They are saying they want a 1.2 million dollar cash infusion (notice they change your existing sub to DBC so they get the full payment now), at the cost of losing between $40,000-$60,000 a month in cash flow (or 0.48-0.6 million a year).

With how poorly this expansion has been received outside of us raiders, and the numbers of people I've seen online in stratos, I have to believe this is a really bad sign as to sales this year, especially after we have gone through 2 rounds of massive layoffs in the past year (though eq was hit probably the lightest of any game they have, we were still hit).

Really concerned. They aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. They either need the cash now, or they believe that this will net them more cash over the next two years than keeping it as is (meaning their projections on players dropping from paid to unpaid accounts is not great).

That said, its a lot better deal than $200 for a year sub for some garbage that anyone willing to pay for a year at a time probably doesn't need, so....
  14. Rrinns New Member

Can someone walk a new person through this?
    They want to play EQ.
    Now what?
  15. Aegir Augur

I Bought the lifetime offer. Don't really care about the bonus stuff. Everquest is a wonderful hobby to me, and I spend a lot of time gaming here.

I have friends that spends that all access lifetime offer value every month, on a Golfclub membership.

I mainly play on TLP (Phinigel) The devs there, has been good at responding to concerns and ideas by the community to improve our game and hopefully so, will still do that, so we one day can join the ranks among live players and contribute to the developement of this wonderful game.

I understand you still work on the new expansion and should rightfully so, but please when you have time, come back and let us talk about the Keying/Flagging process on TLP's moving on from SoD til Live. It needs a major Tuning to the timed unlocks!

Merry Christmas, DBG!

Cheers,

Aegir.
    Cazmac likes this.
  16. practicalnurse Lorekeeper

are all the items and bennys that come with lifetime membership usable on coirnav server?
  17. Prathun Developer

Thanks for letting us know, and g'luck on finding an adoptable baby reindeer!
    Cazmac, Roxxlyy and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Prathun Developer

The lifetime membership does not include additional items. Please see https://www.everquest.com/membership for details of each membership option.
    The Golden Hero Satchel and Crate of Golden Hero Armor that come with the "12 months + Bonus Membership" option can be claimed on any server.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Nudia Augur

Any chance the bonus items not being included with the lifetime sub is also an oversight? :(
    Cazmac likes this.
  20. practicalnurse Lorekeeper

Does lifetime membership come with bonus xp?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.