Test Update 12/17/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 17, 2018.

1. EQ Dev Developer

December 17, 2018

*** Items ***

- Added the appropriate bard focuses to the Torn Efreeti Boots evolving line of items.
    - The Threadbare Weighted Tarbard evolving item line now has luck.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Tyrant of Fire - Fixed requirements to get the Deathless achievement.
    - Tyrant of Fire - Fixed an issue that could cause the event to fail in a way that prevented Fennin Ro from summoning the players and responding to his dialogue. Note that a player character in the event zone must have the Golden Ruby and Garnet Ring.
    - Fight Fire (mission) - Added a loot lockout to the mission. This means that while you have a lockout you will not be able to loot items from the bosses.

*** NPCs ***

- Reduced the damage on some spells cast by the general inhabitants of The Burning Lands, also made it so some of those spells can be cured.
    - Reduced the default spell resistances on The Burning Lands NON-Raid NPCs.
    - Enter Mearatas - Dread Last Guardian and Hidden Dust have grown stronger. Beware!
    - Brilliant Jade and Clouded Jade can no longer be attacked and shall therefore always be able to sell their wares.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

Any news on the missing NPC Ebon Ice Servant from Timorous Deep in the quest Fragmented Coterie?

Many of us now only have this quest to complete. Saw where it was fixed internally but no news on this write up, so maybe just missing.
    Sad Panda, Emarra, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

Good choices!! Hopefully by reduced the damage on "some" spells you pretty much mean all nukes, dots and nuke+dot combo spells in TBL. Because I have yet to see one that was really reasonable as they have all been like 100,000+ nukes or 75,000+ dots or a combo of the two.

Sad to see that Dzarn still hasn't backed down about his ridiculous Scent of Terris nerf stance.
    • It should just be restored entirely.
    • Or restored but no longer able to stack with Malo or Darkened Malo.
    • Or become a focus AA that boosts the level 52 spell back to where it was with or without the stacking.
    • Or be restored or focused back to where it was but with a reduction, not removal, of the corruption debuff. With or without stacking.
    • Or he can nerf all the other debuff AAs for classes and have Ngreth nerf all the item debuffs for classes. So its not necromancers and only necromancers standing there holding their staffs in the wind when it comes to debuffing.
    Spellfire and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No fix to the Fight Fire achievements?
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Really, really unnecessary.

This is the only place in the game where these items have a chance to drop. A chance. There are 4 different ones to try to collect. Once you get them, you have to grind certain mobs in the most recent expansion (some of the toughest trash in the game) to level them up. But evolution levels are locked behind achievements: explorers, hunters, and collectors.

Introducing a loot lockout is tacking an additional timesink to items that already require other heavy timesinks. You basically have to beat the mission before you even find out whether you got an item, so it's not like you didn't earn the loot. Also, if those loot lockout work like other ones, it means you can only attempt to get these items on one character per account at a time. Alts won't be able to loot if they do the mission and earned it, because of a lockout on another character.

This is a bad idea. Slowdown for the sake of slowdown.
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Whow really? I got the gloves from Fight Fire but didn't know that was the ONLY mission that could drop it! Is that not a bug? I just assumed it dropped from named + mission chests mobs.

Maybe Fight Fire will just be my "Daily" I do for a month or two until I get it the drops I need... Which is not something I'm looking forward to.
  7. Jalelorf Augur

Wow this list is extremely short on things which need to be fixed with this expansion.
  8. Inga Elder

It is sad that even the resist modifier part change for Scent of Terris is not implemented yet.
    I understand Dzarn's general design intent, but it's safe to say that every dps casters could cast debuff for their own spell line, or else that class doesn't function in group game well. In addition to it, necro is one of the most underpowered class in group game, even if there is no resist.

However, I also understand that the biggest problem in old Scent of Terris AA is that it stacks with almost everything.
    So I suggest that adding upgrade version of Scent of Terris around level 100, as the form of 2 separate debuffs.

For example:

Scent of Terris 2
    Slot 2: Decrease Fire Resist by 95 (for slot 2, there is another ability that debuff Fire Resist by 95)
    Slot 3: Decrease Poison Resist by 50-100 (we need non-disease based poison debuff for some quests, such as Damsel of Decay)
    Slot 4: Decrease Disease Resist by 36-145

with additional debuff (with 130 resist modifier) which can be overwritten by Malo line (so it won't affect the total debuff in raid nor debuff slots problem)
    Slot 3: Decrease Magic Resist by 90-125
    Slot 4: Decrease Poison Resist by 45-95
    Slot 5: Decrease Fire Resist by 30-50

This is also useful when this AA is upgraded in the future, as it adds flexibility. If the base spell is upgraded, it improves total debuff in raid. If additional debuff is upgraded, it won't affect total debuff.

For corruption resist, the easiest solution is adding innate resist modifier for each corruption spell.

Effluvium (plant dot) line from 0 to 75-125 (currently, plant dot can be resisted by trash plant without any debuff)
    Swift Lifedraw line from 75 to 100-150 (note: swift dot is useless in raid)

I believe these change will solve most problem and will make players and developers happy. Please consider this suggestion.
    Thanks for reading this post.
    menown likes this.
  9. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

It's not a bad idea,

The items were MEANT to be timesinks, think about all the non raiders that don't have much to get in terms of powerful gear. This gives them something to strive for, something to work on.

You on the other hand, are in a top 10 raiding guild, you have raids to lean on and simply demanding that this part of group content be faster pace to suit YOUR wants is just rubbish. I'm sorry if you don't agree with the change but, that's the way it is.
  10. Monkman Augur

I think a lot of group players underestimate exactly what’s required for the evolving items.
    Koryu likes this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I always intended 1 attempt per task lockout.
    Since players are avoiding that task lockout... We added the loot lockout. We don't want to encourage players to exploit task lockouts.
    Tucoh and Monkman like this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

What is required for the evolving items that group players are underestimating?
  13. So Happy Augur

Well, I guess it's just time to give up asking about RoS opening for free on Test. We must not even warrant a comment one way or the other. :(
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

It is very frustrating not getting an answer but I'm not surprised. Communication has never been a strong point with Daybreak.

I'm glad I got it on 8 of mine at least.
    So Happy likes this.
  15. So Happy Augur

Limited income here, so I have to budget. I have way to many accounts and play characters on all of them. I actually feel like I should support the game as much as I can since I play on test, for the all access. Stuff like this makes it harder and harder to justify even spending the little I can afford on the game any more.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Prathun Developer

This fix to Ebon Ice Servant was pushed out in this update. I see Ebon Ice Servant in Timorous Deep on Live.
    There should have been a public-facing note for this change, but it must have slipped through the cracks. Sorry for any confusion.
    Nniki, Sheex, Thunderkiks and 2 others like this.
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

No problem. Yes they were there on live and I have my new carpet. Thanks again!
    Yinla and Nniki like this.
  18. Brohg Augur

Not a bug, but it sure would be super if the Lore Grouped augments in Burning Lands were "Lore Group Equipped" instead, so that they could be swapped out strategically.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If you mean the chase items, it is intentional that you make a "permanent" choice. (permanent in quotes since you can delete one and get another and change that way, but not hot-swap as you are saying)
  20. Lenivaya Journeyman

So Santug on Test never gave out the final "Santug's Gift" quest. Hailed him up until he despawned today, spammed "Check" to him even though he didn't give the right text.
    Kind of a let down that it happened a second year. Is there any way he could be spawned to actually give the quest for us at some point? Us getting it early and it leaving early kind of hoses this achievement.