Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. FawnTemplar Augur

Here's the thing, if you had said from the beginning that you had a healer merc in group but that it had died on x mob, I might still be in the "I can believe that" camp. However, it is obvious that your statement was meant to be misleading. You wanted us to believe that you were tanking and healing all by yourself. I would bet you money that everyone in here read your statement that way. So now, I don't believe a single word you are saying. As a druid, I would never say that I single healed something if I had a merc healer in group, alive or dead. I would never claim to have single healed something with a pally in group. I would say I single healed something with an SK in group but I would be upfront about the SK being in group. The reason why we always list who is in our groups when talking about them is because not doing so can be super misleading especially in a thread where we are trying to understand how well tuned an expansion's content is.
    Mintalie likes this.
  2. NeverPayForLag Augur

You don't get it eh? Have you ANY clue about your setup and your toons?

The combo is a lifetap combo. Only the rogue lacks on that and he has his Riposte Emergency Discs or Escape but the only thing he needs are the occasional heals beyond the melee or the DS heals.

I am a bit sick about people telling how easy things are and you seem to even have problems taking down the Stratos Named.

Look at your setup and compare them. The best setup is a Lifetap Setup (SK, Necro), not a Mitigation Setup (War). And not everybody is playing your setup or wants to roll a new one!

Not everything revolves around you (!)
  3. Outlander Engine Elder

No one would blink an eye because Druids and Shaman are priest classes. They should be head and shoulders above Paladin's when it comes to healing. In fact, a druid or shaman should be able to solo/single heal a group of pure dps. Warrior tank, rogue, wizard, berzerker dps and maybe a bard/enc for support. If they can't, then the balance is flawed.

Back to the discussion on tuning...

Mage's, Ranger's, Beastlords and Monks have always been considered light duty tanks. As a cleric I liked it because it made me stretch. As a druid, my shaman buddy and I enjoyed having to step it up and use all our tools. Camps in Karnor's, shard camping in Ssraa, and then Anguish keys in OoW. Creative sandbox play to cover gaps in group make-up is some of the funnest stuff in EQ. Root or snare to make up for lack of CC. Mage CotH because you don't have a puller. Beastlord pet tanking. Those were good times.

Leave the holy trinity for cutting edge content. It shouldn't be required to get through the gateway to an entire new expansion.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Yeah..

I thought not ..
  5. Axxius Augur

Not sure. I've never tried /xtargeting pets.

Try the simple one: /xt set 10 Bob
    where '10' is the Ext Target slot you want to use for it, and 'Bob' is your pet's name.

It has to be within the hail radius from you. Perhaps it was too far away attacking something.
  6. took2summit11 Augur

I have no issues taking down Stratos named, because I have never even tried one. I was asking you for advice on which camp is easiest to kill because I have spent 0 time in Stratos outside of the part/merc/mission...

I also did not say it was easy. We died, a lot. (Mostly due to running oom, does anyone know if you can rest between the 3 nameds?) I was just saying that hopefully people can consider to bring a Pal along when there is no other priest, since it can work.
  7. took2summit11 Augur

Honestly never meant to be misleading. Although my original statement saying I healed the mission on my paladin, I can definitely see why people would think I would be the tank as well, so sorry for that. Never meant to say I tanked and healed it, because I did’t. I will try to be more forthcoming to avoid this type of conversation in the future. I honestly am not trying to troll anyone, most of the time I come here and post something it’s to try and be helpful. Only do I get aggressive when someone else does, first.
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

gosh.. you are my god...

Do you know how much I tried to get the Pets and Mercs into the Extended Window because this darn game always deletes them after zoning and it is not possible to safe them as preset?
    With that a 5liner macro could include all pets and mercs easily...
    Many thanks for that one :)
    Axxius, Mintalie and Whulfgar like this.
  9. FawnTemplar Augur

When I was raiding with GH and we were doing Neriak 1 we would pet tank the second golem (the one with the nasty aura) and I would put pets on ext tar but one of the down sides was that they would leave ext tar as soon as they died. I wonder if this is still the case and if you would you need to make an /ext hotkey for when you remake them?
  10. Tucoh Augur

Other good thing about ETW is that you can change targets via ETW hotkeys while casting, where as /assist (or /xt 1, /tar Tucoh or whatever) are blocked while casting.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Axxius is smart as they come .. I dun care what repthor says haha

And yes you can save Xt lists.

I box quite a bit, an have my 3 zerkers saved on it, as well as when I box my 3 wizzies..
  12. Mintalie Augur

It's definitely not this. It happens when just standing right next to him trying to pre-buff him with the druid short-term goodie buffs when ooc. It's been an issue for as long as I can remember. I used to have a hotkey for my enchanter to cast NDT on my pet as well, and half the time that wouldn't work.

To account for maybe server lag, the macro is set up as:

/pause 5, /tar petname
    /pause 5, /tar petname
    /cast xyz

I'm baffled, however, the /xt sounds like a total winner and I'm super excited to see what it can do.
  13. NeverPayForLag Augur

You also forget the next thing which we found out or I have assumed in another thread, that the Stuns seem to be a vital part in beating some Named. Pally is a stun-based selfhealing tank. Combine stuns which work with lifetaps and a bit additional healing and look to your combo.

Mitigation/Healing combos need much more love in this expansion and have a fine line where they start to work with healing - and yes, I have the holy trinity and they need a certain minimum (esp. the tank) to be effectively usable. If I would not have the mitigation from Enchanter they would have eaten me alive. Now I divide the aggro between Earth Pet and Warrior and that takes away the most spikes from melee or DD, but not the AE. This is done by additional gear, toys and AA.

That means you have now the reason why your combo works and why it could be better in many cases (if you are no ubah raider)!
  14. Outlander Engine Elder

For my mage and necro, I used a store potion to give my pet a name.
    On my druid I targeted him, right click the first slot in my xtar window, chose 'current target'.
    I saved that xtar setup by right clicking on the xtar window and choosing save.
    I load it everytime I play them.
    I wrote all my macros (heal, ds, etc) to refer to that slot. (xtar ##)

You can also right click on xtar and choose a group role for a slot. Like group tank or puller. The group roles cannot be assigned to a pet, but they can be assigned to a mercenary.

I may have irritated a few groups asking for the leader to assign group roles, but every macro on my druid, cleric and enchanter are written with this in mind.
    Mintalie likes this.
  15. Mintalie Augur

Bingo. I'm giggity over this!!!
  16. Tucoh Augur

fwiw I don't understand their perspective either. There are four healers in the game. Any group with only one of them has a sole healer. I say this while having my bard/rng/bst all primarily equipping conflagrant rods (and my bard just upgraded to the T2 TBL heal stick yesterday!).
    If that group does the challenger achievement in TBL I think 4x berserkers with the 6k heal proc augs will be SICK. Berserkers proc like maniacs. I haven't gotten the aug yet (challenger achievements are half broken in TBL) but I bet I could run a sk/brd/4x berserker group with them and terrorize Norrath.
  17. NeverPayForLag Augur

While I was analyzing that combo I get hairs up!

Imagine the unholy tritrinity... SK, SK, SK, Enchanter, Cleric, Porter (Druid/Wiz). All with the 6k heal proc.... I imagine you could even go with

SK, SK, SK, SK, SK, Porter. 30k heal per swing, all have EXACT same weaponry so that the aggro is always changing from SK to SK - this is overkill - and on Burn you have all at once doing insane damage... .I imagine they use 2HS with Lifetap IV/V. Has SK an alliance ability? Never focused on that.

Gosh...
    No wonder that my combo feels weak.

Addon:
    If the aggro is tuned so that on every swing the next one is taunting then you have a Ultra-Shadowknight in 5 parts with 1,5Mill HP (!) and 30k heal proc additionally to the AE Lifetap stuff(!) arrrrg..
  18. Bumkus Elder

Best post ever. Many Japanese-inspired anime robots flashed through my mind as I read this.
  19. Waterboard New Member

I was the necro in that group. Yea we won after many tries. Does that mean it’s not overturned? No. We caught lightning in a bottle. You did a fine job healing no doubt. Everyone played well. But there’s a few things your over looking.

Dead merc? Hardly. Do you remember us switching out oom Mercs for fm mercs? Well AAed mercs. It happened often. Dead mercs don’t go oom.

When the merc did die we were done. We never killed a mob with the merc down.

IMO it’s overtuned. Seems dbg and most players thinks so too.

Ironnuts xegony
    Waterboard
    Michiganj. Alts
  20. took2summit11 Augur

Thank you for posting. I never said the mission was easy, in fact i even said we died many times. Was just trying to say that Pal can heal through the AE. Yes we were switching mercs, but our winning attempt had us fighting the hardest mob, the warm heart, with the merc dead and the mage dead at the very start of the encounter, which means we essentially 4-manned the hardest mob of the trial. (I’m curious what the mage’s HP was? She was often going from 100% to dead during this whole thing). Your statement saying we never killed a mob with the merc down is false. The merc and the mage died the first 10 seconds into fighting the warm heart on our winning attempt. At any rate, I digress.

PS sorry for getting your name wrong, I tried :p