Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Tucoh Augur

well . I'm glad I didn't try to root them then :D
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  2. took2summit11 Augur

Did you read what I said? All I said was all progression group will have either an SK, Pal, or War. And yes, I 100% believe I could be the sole healer if there’s a war in my group tanking. Again, all I said from the beginning of this conversation is that my pal can and has been the only healer in a progression group.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Clearly not enough imput .. If you are in the minority of people who play only the grp content, and only you .. were trying to get it tuned..
  4. Yendar Augur

If you didn’t have an SK tanking for you & healing himself then you wouldn’t be able to heal the mission.
    You aren’t healing the mission, all you’re healing Is the AE dmg and getting carried by a decent SK.

As apaladin you aren’t able to heal the mission, you’re able to heal the AE damage in the mission.
  5. took2summit11 Augur

Erm...wouldn’t the same argument be able to be made for druids saying they can’t heal the mission when there is a pal or sk in the group? The SK would have died many times if my paladin did not do single target heals on him as well.
  6. FawnTemplar Augur

I might have overstated that. On the wave with 4 shards and the golem, there was always at least one shard on our tank because they were breaking root. So it doesn't happen always but I think if we only had one rooter who could only cast single root it might be unmanageable.
  7. FawnTemplar Augur

Yes, you did say that and then you listed an SK, necro and healer merc in your group. All of them heal. FFS
    Mintalie likes this.
  8. Yendar Augur

Most good SKs are able to tank the bosses in these trials without a healer at all for fairly extended durations.

Paladin is completely different. Playing a healer I notice SKs are way more healer friendly than Paladins..and generally heal themselves more than I am healing them.
    Outlander Engine and FawnTemplar like this.
  9. took2summit11 Augur

Lol...man, you make it sound like i was purposely hiding the group makeup. Would have been happy to say it from the very start, didn’t know a merc that dies in the very beginning (which I’ve already said) and a nec that can proc group heal 15% of his spells(no one would ever rely on this to heal for AEs) would alter the situation so much..most classes can bring something to the group. Literally all I said from the start was my paladin was the only dedicated healer in the group, which he was. I am sorry you assumed that meant the group was a warrior, 4 berserkers, and myself. (Wait, even a warrior can proc very effective heals on himself).
  10. NeverPayForLag Augur

It seems the starting limit where it jumps up from impossible to borderline/limit is around a RoS full AA (DPS/Mitigation/Mana) toon with a min of around 180k-220k HP (depending on class).

I changed only some setups on the Tank and went into TBL AA for all (around 500AA).
    + 800 AC (Tank)
    + TBL full defensive (Tank)
    + exchange Conflagrant War Sword/Remote Heal Aug (420) with EoK Ancient Sword + Rune Aug (850) (Tank)
    + PoWar Dodge Aug (Tank/Melee)
    + HP/DPS for all others

This difference now shifts the nearly "impossible/sick spikes partly onerounded" - line up to "possible, rarely sick spikes and not onerounded but challenging", as long as I refer to Stratos zone and mobs or some named.

I have the feeling that most here who rush through some vital old expansions and some goodies (like the progression achievements, special zones, artizan etc..) are not really aware what the difference is. And it is not only AC/HP or a standard gear. It is the sum of all the achievements and the gear in a very specific combination. So everybody can bang there head but as long as nobody is able to really comprehend all achievements exactly while pretending to have done something here, all is hearsay, hot air or simply only a bit bragging, but no real help - esp. saying that EoK gear is enough but leaving out the "ultrarare" part which is still the best gear. It is also useless to say what you could get if you have not a way to be able to really achieve it. Not the goal is important, the way is more vital (at least for me).

Thanks for some who brought in REAL data, which then really helps further to get some ideas, at which place there is a need to rebuild. And to roll a new character is not even a bit of an option for me. Also some quests which are partly simply only boring time sinks (Artizan Prize) are not real option for me. That would burn me out and that's it. This is not, what I call "game" - it is in my opinion a sick "wrist restrain" and as challenging as working on a assembly line with limited movement for days. How somebody can invent and even have fun with such a mechanics is beyond me.

Btw. I imagine I could perhaps molo "Fight Fire" with the Druid, but I will use up the most part of the 6 hours for it. But only because I maxed out some AA for the root/snare combo (as long as I get the first mob at the Exodus Point killed - if he does not summon) and have a buff army for support and I could manage to kill one mob with my DPS to get beyond the sick selfhealing capabilities but it will be a 6 hours pita. But that does not mean it is fun or that it is really an option (perhaps I will fail on out-DPSing his selfhealing). I am sure that an average Druid with a fraction of AA can forget that. And no, I will under no circumstance roll a Pally or a Necro to do a new expansion. I rolled a Mage years ago because the Tanks were so useless compared to them many years ago but that game should not revolve around a minor part of the classes.
  11. FawnTemplar Augur

Did you or did you not say "sole healer?" You did. You lied. Full stop.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. took2summit11 Augur

I still stand by my stance that my paladin was the sole healer. I guess I should have said sole dedicated healer since we will consider anyone that can self heal or proc heals to disqualify the statement. So much rule lawyering to back peddle some idiotic 3 hour argument. Everyone here will agree that if the group is sk, necro, mage, rogue, pal (and a dead merc) and the pal is literally not even auto attacking 80% of the time and just healing, that it would be a valid statement to say I was the only healer. For reference, I accidentally pulled agro once and died and the SK was dead 10 seconds later.
  13. Mintalie Augur

Forgive my ignorance, as I have never used extended target except to see mobs.

Can this be used to add a pet to extended target? And, if so, what's the command to target a particular number on the extended target?

I ask because I'm having issues with targetting my pet. /tar petname randomly just does not work, so the heal key I've set up on my druid to heal my mage pet is borked a lot of the time. Wondering if setting the pet to extended target then telling the druid to target him through that means would bypass the borkedness.

And would I have to add the pet back to extended target each time I make a new one? (Pretty sure the answer to this is a sad yes.)
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

Nope..
    you leave out:

- Remote Target Healing
    - AA capabilities to heal/self heal
    - Potions
    - Special goodies/clickies
    - Mage Pet aggro/mitigation abilities (my tank and pet alternating aggro now, since swapping the aggro weapon which makes a hell of difference)
    - Necro healing abilities and group heal abilities (the usual buffs)
    - SK with his heal/self heal abilities and lifetaps

You are not the solely healer. If the SK is good enough he nearly does not need any heals from you as a tank. And to divide the damage to 3 tanks is a big advantage which can be the main reason for your "healing abilities". The setup of the whole group is vital! And the rest I mentioned in the last post!
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

This is where I come from called .. Check mate.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  16. took2summit11 Augur

If any cleric shaman or Druid came here and said they were the only healer no one would blink an eye. I actually can’t believe you all are taking this stance. How should I phrase my sentence? My Paladin’s primary/only job in the group was to be healer, and I was the only class in the group with that primary job.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Back when I used to box, I used the extended target window a lot. For one, I find the targeting is much quicker when you just refer to a target using the xt commands: /xt 1 or /xt 4 for example. I find this so much faster than assists. So, you can set /xt 1 to the tank's target, and then using /xt 1 is the same as using /assist tank_name.

Two things may be helpful. Right click on a slot in the XT window, and see just how many things can be set there. It's almost mind boggling. The other one is, the XT window also supports target sets, just like the spell bar supports spell sets. So, once you get some target sets you like, you can select them all at once, making repeatedly useful target sets easy to access!
    Mintalie likes this.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

How about you keep that stance.

Go back redo the exact same mission with your only heroric AA'ed Pally.. and take only classes that can not self heal ..

Then come back an post that you were thee only healer class. But be sure to give names of the none healing / self heal's / self taps .. classes that went with you.

Just as you previously did.
  19. Mintalie Augur

That is so easy, thank you! I feel like my pet healing woes are about to be history! <fingers crossed>
  20. took2summit11 Augur

No, y’all are trolls lol. This whole conversation started because I said I was able to heal the mission as the only healer. If a Druid/cleric/shaman said they were the only healer with the exact same group, the conversation would have ended immediately.