Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Grau Elder

I've been doing TBL with a completely group geared group and really haven't run into too much that causes problems. We've done all of the progression (excluding Smoke trials) up to All Hail the King so far. We're only stuck on that one currently due to tradeskills... how I hate tradeskills.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I held my nose and used a craftsman's draught to do it. Still haven't dug myself out of the faction hole with the wind genies.

I bet if I wanted to make a lot of $$$ I could spend a few evenings farming the hell out of those armors, use another craftsman draught and see how many of them I can make. I feel like they might nerf the combine or drop rate for them though.
  3. FawnTemplar Augur

No, they aren't. As people have previously pointed out the AEs often sync up on the lava trial and one shot people (well two shot people I suppose). I am fully raid geared and I almost die when those sync up, in fact, my preincarnation fired just the other day from it. Not to mention that people might be getting so low in HP that one group heal isn't going to cut it. That's not really a problem for clerics and shaman because they have multiple at their disposal but druids have two, one only works if people are below 30% and has an ungodly recast and the other also has a longer than optimal recast.
  4. took2summit11 Augur

Got it, so this entire 500 post thread exists for 1 trial where AEs *can* sync up and many ONLY group geared player groups have beaten it? Makes sense.
  5. took2summit11 Augur

I find it funny that you didn’t even mention paladins. And my group geared paladin has been the sole healer for many smoke trials for other group geared players.
  6. Calandar Tinyarrow New Member

I have 3 boxed for years, but not so much as of late with such challenging content, especially not in the latest expansion. So I get in a good raid geared group, and we get it done.
  7. FawnTemplar Augur

Yes, this whole thread has been about one trial. You're being disingenuous. This thread is about how "group" content is not tuned correctly for group geared players. People are using smoke trials as an example. I can give you another one if you like (since I have finished every thing except the last broken partisan). Chamber of Tears mission: totally over tuned. My group (SK, BER, RNG, DRU, CLR, MNK, all raid geared) wiped several times before we beat it. Last night I saw another fully raid geared group (WAR, CLR, ROG, MNK, RNG, SK) wipe several times before eventually beating it.

As for why I didn't mention Paladins: I don't play a pally. I don't know anything about paladins, therefore, I don't talk about them and their abilities. Probably a practice that you should adopt.
  8. Outlander Engine Elder

I'd like some independent verification on this one. This sounds like smoke to me.

Earlier in this thread you said your 140k hp necromancer handled everything just fine and got tons of loot, never died to a single AoE.
    He says his 140k wizard died repeatedly, even when his raiding cleric buddy was trying to keep him up. He obviously went back and tried again by boosting himself to 170k hp and that got him through the trials.

Gee, you think that just maybe a necro might have more tools to deal with AoE and DD's than a wizard?

I'm having a problem with your personal timeline.

You first posted in Oct, asking for advice with your new heroic paladin and necro. Now you are offering opinions around progression content that is straight out flummoxing other players. Two months and you're at the top of the group game. That's impressive. Implies some serious poop-socking.
    Pirlo, NeverPayForLag, Graves and 4 others like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I finished all the missions last night and yeah, Chamber of Tears/Strange Magic and the lava trial were brutal and were by far the hardest missions.

Tuning wise the lava trial needs to be heavily nerfed (like, you could just get rid of the AEs altogether) since it's the first mission players face. I think Chamber of Tears being super hard makes sense though since I see it as the "final" mission of the expansion. Besides, it has Tears in the name :D
    Whulfgar and FawnTemplar like this.
  10. took2summit11 Augur

This is not my first rodeo playing Everquest. This is my first time playing paladin and necro. I find it hilarious that people just automatically assume I am lying. Here are the names of my group members, that I can remember their names, where my Paladin was the only group healer for the trials. Feel free to ask them yourself:
    Xegony.Eowien
    Xegony.Waterdog (I think? Was a necro)
    Xegony.Littlestegs (again, I think this was it, was a rogue)

Can’t remember anyone else. But it’s downright pathetic that you guys just instantly assume I am lying about group healing through trials on a Paladin. They have all the tools needed in the game to keep a group alive through these AEs. Go look at their spell list for level 100+. Unfortunately it’s this rhetoric that keeps me out of groups when people are looking for a healer and have some predisposed idea that Paladins can only tank.
  11. Endaar Augur

I'm not going to start digging through logs to prove a point, but in my experience the spell damage output has been more than you are referencing. Perhaps it's a mix of AE and DD spells, but ultimately it's a level of damage that's certainly difficult for an "average" group geared silk class to survive.
  12. took2summit11 Augur

Was strange magic the one that has 2 emotes where 2 characters have to run next to each other and 2 have to run away from each other? If so, and you boxed this, I am mad impressed.
  13. FawnTemplar Augur

I totally agree with the last mission being the hardest. I am just worried that group geared people will not be able to beat it even in full TBL group gear. That WAR from last night said that the fragments were hitting him for 25k each and the Golem for much more (hard to get exact numbers without parse). We were even controlling the fragments with vinelash and paralytic spray (which works on golems by the way, surprised the crap out of me.... and the cleric I dropped the golem on!) but some of them broke root almost instantaneously so our tank was almost always tanking at least one add with the golem.

To make a long story short, keep it hard but I am not sure group geared toons can beat it in its current form, just from a tanking/healing aspect.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Outlander Engine Elder

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

Sure. I readily believe that a paladin will definitely help a group get through these trials. They have an excessive amount of group heals available to them. So much so that they are balanced around them to their detriment as class in regular every-day Everquesting.

On the other hand, single healing these when druids, a dedicated priest class, are struggling with them... well that makes me raise an eyebrow.

And making that claim as a two month old heroic character? Well, yeah? Color me skeptical. <shrug>.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  15. took2summit11 Augur

Please, do me a favor and ask the people I listed. Yes my Paladin is 2.5 months old and only has his auto grant healing AA’s completed as well. There was a healer merc in the group that was dead by the second mob in the trial of three
  16. took2summit11 Augur

Ever consider the fact that if a Druid is struggling healing this, it is the druids fault? And not instantly calling a 2.5 month old heroic paladin that CAN and HAS healed it a liar?
  17. FawnTemplar Augur

Saying that what you said sounds suspicious is not the same as calling you a liar.

And have you considered editing your posts to add stuff instead of double posting?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  18. Monkman Augur

Fake news
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

Yes.

Don't be too impressed. The EQResource description said
    So my dumb literally typed
    /hug tucoh
    /hug tucosha
    in their chat windows everytime I got the emote.
    Caell, Riou, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  20. FawnTemplar Augur

Love it!