Trial lockouts and the risk of suspensions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kiras, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Maedhros High King

Its a pretty weird situation. I can see how it could be working as intended, or a complete oversight.

We definitely need clarification, and fast so we can avoid another cactusgate.

A player gets a lockout by beating a trial with a group.
    A player can beat all 5 trials and have the lockout in their expedition window, someone else who is not locked out can join the group and you can run all 5 missions again.
    In fact, this worked on other missions too, not just Plane of Smoke. So long as the requester is not locked out, other people can be in group and participate who have the lock outs.

Tons of people have had this happen to them more by accident than any intention to exploit.

Would much rather see a return of the 6 hour lockout and normal expectations of how to do missions.
    Oquni, Daedly and Thunderkiks like this.
  2. Sarcogian Augur

3. Axxius Augur

That would mean that your temporary access to Empyr for beating 1 trial would get revoked every 6 hr instead of 2.5 days, until you beat all 5 trials. First they need to change the way the content is locked behind the trials.
  4. Thrinity Journeyman

Will i get ported out of Empyr when my lockout timer expires? As long as i only have temporary access.
  5. Nniki Augur

No, you will not.
    Thrinity likes this.
  6. recaztec New Member

Why can't we get a dev response on this? Would take a couple of seconds to respond, yes this is working as intended or no, don't do this? Please?
  7. Vanrau Augur

It's the weekend, they don't work on the weekends normally. They very rarely ever log into their accounts and respond to anything on the weekend unless they are working overtime.
  8. Axxius Augur

No, it just won't let you pass without that lockout, until you beat all 5 trials.

You can also use fellowship campfires to go to any zone accessible for at least 3 characters in your fellowship. Parking 3 alts (not on the same account) in Empyr may be a good idea.
  9. Khazad New Member

I'm not sure what the Devs intended. But as a practical matter, if you're boxing six or you always run with one tight group, you can't rerun the mission unless you drop a box and bring someone in who doesn't have a lockout. It has the effect of encouraging groups to invite in people who still need the trials during the gearing up stage when you would benefit from multiple loot boxes.

It's not a bad thing when people are begging for trial groups and the number of solid tanks is limited.
  10. Atvar Augur

If you want loot, you can get plenty of it by just continuing on progression then doing the group missions for both loot AND currency. What you're suggesting, chain farming the same mission for loot, is what caused daybreak to mass suspend people last year during cactusgate.

A lot of players, myself included, still have multiple day lockouts on tasks because we ran it multiple times the first few days to back flag people new to the expansion. I have no freaking clue what the devs were thinking when they locked over 95% of the expansion's content behind a mission with a 3 day lockout. Not only that, but the devs literally forced us to grab this instance over and over until we do all 5 missions. The only hint that something is amiss is the 10+ day lockout.
  11. FawnTemplar Augur

The compounding lockout is what makes me think that this is working as intended. It ensures that you still get the lockout penalty on requesting while also allowing you to help others through the trials. IMO, if this is working as intended, it is a pretty cool mechanic.
    Khazad likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I wonder if they tried to do the MPG code by messed it up, on purpose or not, leaving players confused.

Way MPG trials work is, once you beat Trial A, you get like an hour lockout on ALL trials and them a longer one on that trial. So you can go do Trial B once the other locks out, and it then changes your lockout on trial A down to the general one, so you're only unable to do 1 trial at any one time (outside of the general 1 hour lockout or whatever).

So, you can't chain the same mission, but can do others? But with their thought process in beta this tme, I'd be worried too about risking a suspension.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Considering that afaik TBL is mostly working as intended (now that contract of war is fixed, no idea about the raids) I think the devs deserve a week off!
  14. Gundolin Augur

I'm hoping this is working as intended. I always hated having a good group and trying to get through a couple missions to find out your blocked by one person. I assumed this lockout timer was set up this way so if you put together a good group, you can still add a fifth or sixth player and not worry if they already have a lockout.
  15. bbanz Elder

What a confusing mess this has become.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  16. FawnTemplar Augur

If only a dev would respond....
  17. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

Well if you have a lockout on say Trial of Three -- and take your group in there. The npc to start the trial is not there to start it. So to answer one question on this thread, no, if you have a lockout on a trial it doesn't prevent you from going into ash, it just prevents you from repeating that trial. The other NPC's for the other trials, however, are there. So you can go in and work on other trials and/or pass through to ash.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  18. FawnTemplar Augur

The lockout does not prevent you from doing the trial either, it only prevents you from requesting it.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

Literally what I said... if YOU have a lockout and YOU take your group in the npc to start the trial will not be there.
  20. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

What a gong show this has become the last few years