Save your money

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minitaur, Dec 15, 2018.

1. minitaur New Member

- when you buy TBL you get 1 zone. All others are locked behind progression that’s overtuned

- minimal aa and spells

- the only zone you get access to has a ton of lag
  2. Axxius Augur

Sad but true. The way 5/6 of TBL content is locked behind the Smoke Trials is totally not good for casual players. At least with the current tuning of those trials.

On the bright side, at least you can't LOSE access to the content you paid for. In the original design on Beta, beating the Stratos mission for the first time would get you banned even from Stratos until you beat at least 1 Trial. :eek:
  3. Monkman Augur

Yeah I feel for those that don’t have a consistent group of friends willing to run through progression together. Due to the fragmented nature of TBL progression it is very easy to get “left behind” forcing those ahead of you to backtrack to catch one person up.

I never understood locking zones behind progression. A keyed zone is one thing (VP) but locking the majority of the expansion behind a bunch of progression many folks will/can not do is bad business imo.

Solution: unlock every zone except Mearatas, must do progression in order to unlock access.

This is coming from someone who has finished 80% of progression already.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is sad that they are drawing from the most unpopular aspect of The Darkened Sea expansion. But even TDS offered you instant access to 3 zones.

I've been playing EQ2's latest expac, Chaos Descending, and, while most zones are locked behind progression, the quests and missions are pleasantly soloable and duoable.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Tach200 Journeyman

TBL does seem to be a lot of nothing.It is a 1 zone expansion unless you're in a full raid equipped group.

An ugly and misleading cash grab by DB without providing any content. I pre-ordered this crap on 3 accounts.
  6. So Happy Augur

Darn this expansion. I already saved my money by not buying Fallout 76 but I was going to spend it on TBL. Now what to buy?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you have a group of friends or a guild to go through it with, it is probably a good expansion. If you are a solo/molo type, you're not getting much of anything out of it unless your aa were maxed.
  8. Traxen Lorekeeper

I really wish I had waited... wasted a ton of money
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Dragari Journeyman

I feel totally ripped off for sure, its a terrible expansion, not half the money it costs.
  10. YellowBelly Augur

I think this will go down in Everquest history as the worst expansion ever. Whoever is responsible for locking every zone behind progression should seriously consider another job. I wonder if it was the developer who thought we were after gold instead of platinum during that livestream :rolleyes:
  11. Vdidar Augur

Can't argue with OP. All the locked zones and the entry zone beats out Caverns of Endless song for worst zone recently. What a big big flop. Gratz dev's you've really outdone yourselves. I should have only bought one account the xpac.
  12. Axxius Augur

A new phone to play Diablo Immortal :rolleyes:
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  13. So Happy Augur

Ha, that is never gonna happen. I don't have a fancy phone as it is. I have a pay as you go cell phone that costs me $100 a year with plenty of minutes left on it.:)
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

I thought this was the year I was going to start catching up my other two accounts on expansions. Does not look like it. A swing and a miss. Oh well at least ya made the raiders happy.
    Yimin and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. enclee Augur

Thanks for the tip, I was thinking of getting the itch to play again. I found EoK pretty fun, but didn't venture much into RoS.

How's the luck stat? Is it implemented decently?
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It wasnt the devs fault directly. I mean when you have Realm of Insanity and Return of the Exiled patting you on the back and saying "good job bro, you're doing it just right"(ie, stick it hard and deep to the casuals) then what do you expect? It's just what happens when the wrong people are listened to.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

Roughly how many new AAs are there? I know every class is different but are we talking 5k range in general give or take 1k depending on class? This will determine if I buy the expansion. I probably wont even play in it but if I can get some nice AA boosts I will spend the money.
  18. Zamiam Augur

I have no idea but from what ive been reading there are no new AA's just small upgrades from current ones that cost an insane amount of AA's to get .. I would not think there are more than 1 or 2k more aa's .. I am just guessing however since I cannot find a list anywhere just a generic list with no ranks of what it costs to purchase them
  19. Tucoh Augur

Feels like 2-3k AAs per character on average. Most AAs have very modest upgrades. Like the spell focus adding +2% damage or the warrior's crippling fury being another 1% chance to crippling blow.
  20. Tucoh Augur

There's a handful of new item types in the game, ex: jann illusion, weapon procs, chase items and luck. Of all of those the luck stat is the least exciting. It's more exploratory in that it confers only very modest improvements and is fairly cumbersome to improve. I think it might be used more / better in the future as a way to polish a character with a lot of effort (Like the heroic AAs) but for now nobody really cares about it.