Fight Fire

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Fadyena, Brohg, Pirlo and 5 others like this.
  2. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

lol what task do you spend 6 hours in? I'm curious so I can go and see if it takes me 6 hours...
  3. Cleaver Augur

I'm not going to quote your entire post ill just reply to your claim that dropping a task so you can try it again is an exploit.

First off a person that was a Producer on the very game you work on now said the opposite. SO if this has changed maybe a post from the producer saying so would be great.

Second if i do a task and wipe im not allowed to drop the task and try it again ? This is what you're saying.

Cactus was an exploit because it gave people items and currency at a rate that was not intended. Dropping a task so you can try to get that rare named that never spawns to spawn HAS NEVER been an exploit nor has dropping it to get the rare collectible items one and NEVER HAS BEEN. So if that has changed maybe some communication to your customers is required.
    Fadyena, Mediik, Barton and 5 others like this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

There have been some very hard tasks or ones where people have to afk for an extended time (with a full group, any or some of the six players may need to afk for a time), or people left and we had to wait for a replacement, where it did take us up against the 6 hour limit.

Very rare for me but it has happened.
  5. Horyuken Augur

I guess we know why he is no longer the producer!

Why don't you just make the item appear on the cursor after you beat the mission 20 times and get the lockout. I think sometimes you bring this stuff on yourself.
  6. Punchis-themonk Elder

The whole point of it taking X amount of mobs killed before named spawn is because re-getting the task has always been a thing.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Not to agree with this rule about not dropping task, but in the instance where the task is actually bugged, I do not think it is considered an exploit to drop it and try again. Reporting the bug with a /bug report can cover your behind if someone is worried. Of course, then Daybreak has to deal with bug reports about bugs that have already been reported but they asked for it...

Again, I don't agree with this rule, but it was somewhat clear that you have to do each task step and attempt as best you can to complete them and are not permitted to kill mobs that are not needed unless they are in the way of completing the task.

It's go in, do the task steps, and leave. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

I don't like it, but that seems to be what Ngreth is saying.
  8. Piemastaj Augur

If you could read my posts it would be fantastic. I asked a plausible question that COULD happen. And I am curious if it does is it bannable. You need to settle down mr. Forum policeman
  9. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

He Also stated "the point is to only be able to get an attempt once every six hours"
  10. FawnTemplar Augur

Did all of you who are nit picking everything Ngreth said completely skip over this part? They use common sense, if your mission is bugged and you drop it to get a different one I seriously doubt they are gonna ban you or roll you back or whatever. Y'all are being unnecessarily obtuse.

Though I do agree you guys at DBG should make an announcement about that collectible/challenge farming bit.
  11. AcemoneyFV Augur

Lol. I'm guessing some of you have never played a mobile game? They are 100% RNG, every aspect of most of them. You don't get to pick anything, it's all 'a chance.' People spend thousands and thousands on these games to only end up short by not having meta units, runes, etc...

Play Summoners War for a week and come back to this thread... or any game similar. You'll be happy you just have to waste your time in EQ. Mobile games require you to actually spend money and time to compete anywhere near the top ranks. RNG is so crazy in mobile games. EQ is so easy compared to even console gaming anymore. You can spend hundreds on CoD and still not have the best guns.

I don't care if something in EQ takes a long time. I enjoy this game and RNG in EQ is nothing like games created these days. Sure, it's gotten bad in some areas but it could be worse, like forcing you to buy chests or whatever.
  12. Tolzol Augur

While I don't agree with your views on all of these things (i get avoiding lockouts for items excluding collections being an exploit 100%), at least it is clear to everyone now on you guys view. To prevent these things from happening you guys need to just implement lockouts on request. Yea that might screw some people that happen to go LD and the instance collapse or whatever but its only way I see preventing this from being an issue. I would imagine most people have always dropped and regot missions/ha's for collections in previous expansions and achievements up to now. If we are going to get suspended/banned for doing that now because of the evolving items possibly dropping in the process thats BS.

But anyway thats cool if thats how you guys think things should be, its yalls game I'm not gonna argue. But being as this is just now being told to us, it should not be enforced until now going forward not for previous things.
    Barton likes this.
  13. Pano Augur

Fit for the new world in TDS. Surprisingly, I don't think I have seen anyone getting suspended for that.
  14. Aldryn Another New Member

[IMG]

Boat should be ready to go soon, buddy, hop in!
    Littlelegs, Tolzol and Pano like this.
  15. Tolzol Augur

I've been ready, just been waiting for you!
    Aldren likes this.
  16. Drogba Augur

Not sure about current, but i used to solo 'fear itself' group task on my sk when it was current, to taskadd players. It'd take hours, and if i died a couple of times, the timer would be a crunch.

Would have to wait for certain discs to repop between fights.

Wouldn't surprise me if some other class or group operating with very limited resources were to take a long time to get something done, especially if they died a few times and had to run back.
  17. Zamiam Augur

Grabs the Big bowl of Popcorn <QQ>
    Carefull Ngreth this could be the proverbial smoking gun that takes EQ down
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  18. Marike Elder

Sancus, Cailen, Axxius and 6 others like this.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I do see a possible problem:

I get a group together to do mission xyz. We get halfway through the mission when the group tank announces that something came up in RL and he has to leave.

Either the task is locked and we can't invite another tank or we just can't find one.

So we drop the task and have no replay timer.

A few hours later, either the same tank (RL issue solved) or another shows up and wants to do mission xyz. We don't have a timer, so, are we supposed to:

a. Know what the replay timer should be, know when we started, and keep track because we should not attempt it again until the timer is up?
    b. Go again because we aren't "farming" it and Daybreak will understand?
    c. Don't try that mission again for three days to make sure we aren't violating the policy?
  20. Littlelegs Elder

if i've learned anything reading this thread, it's d. face punch as many people to death as possible.
    Gosan Kai, Sancus, Drogba and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.