Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. took2summit11 Augur

The point I’m making is no one would even try the other side if there was a staircase. There should be some content that only has hard mode.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Why does it matter if the world cared? Are you saying those who climbed Everest just did it for the fame or because they wanted a challenge?

This is the whole crux of the challenge issue. Some people don't want a challenge they just want a way to prove they are better then the rest. Personally I don't get my self worth from a game. And I probably wouldn't compare a games tuning to climbing Everest either :)/
    Shanarias likes this.
  3. FawnTemplar Augur

If you're doing the trial of three that means you were killing the wrong mob first. The trial is to kill those three mobs in the correct order based on the clues you are given.
  4. took2summit11 Augur

Everything you’re saying already exists in the game. The achievements for beating in certain time, with no deaths, etc. Those are your “hard modes”. Why ask the devs to do even more development when there’s already hard mode achievements.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

Developers did not listen to Raiders or Casuals in the last Beta color me shocked , they never listen then try and blame the testers. It is not the Raiders fault nor the Casuals fault. It is the people in charge who refuse to change how they develop that are at fault. Bet they love the fact that the player base blames one another so they do not take the heat though
  6. FawnTemplar Augur

Did you read what I said? Lots of people would do hard mode if there was hard mode and normal mode. In fact, in VoA the raid had an option to do it "the hard way" and I know my guild loved doing it the hard way. Not to mention guilds like RoI who would kill for hard mode missions. I can't tell if you are being purposefully obtuse or if you just know nothing about the EQ player base. Hard/Normal mode missions is an excellent idea.
    Stiku likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So you agree that the game content should be retuned for the majority of players? Good to know.
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

This is exactly the case.
    Some are climbing with much money and support.
    Others try the hard way with only a minimum of equipment.

They get famous for freezing their toes away (or get a wrist restrain on the mouse and keyboard).
    The others feel good to have done it with the help only to experience another area of life.

Some need Egos and Wins and some want to enjoy the "Way".
    In "Martial Field" the Egos and Wins are the typical " "martial sports guys" who need their victory so that they get their portion of Dopamin and Serotonin and be happy. In the "Martial Arts" you only need to "win" against yourself and be happy with every step you achieve for yourself - there is no need to compare the length of your "lucky". While in sports, fighting is a necessity - in the Arts, fighting is only the last option. The difference is simple: the one is happy only with a victory - the other is happy while simply doing it.
    I am in the latter field here and the same is true in every part of my life :)

Sorry my friend - my life is no race - I have no need to be the best - I only want to enjoy everything. Others can climb the top of Mount Everest. If I want to be there I would choose a helicopter or support or coach the one who wants to do that.
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

What gets me is we have people talking about how hard it is and then we have people who echo that statement that haven't even bought the expansion yet.

Why do people take on the limitations from someone else instead of finding out what their own limitations are?????

It is sad to see someone like Zamiam say it is overtuned because someone else said it was. Maybe that person isn't as good of a player as Zam but Zam won't even try it and has accepted that person's limitations. Very sad. When someone says they can't do something, you all shouldn't think that pertains to you.

When someone tells me I can't do something, I automatically think, "no, it is you who can't do it. I don't know if I can or not yet".

To that G poster who said I should do well with my ranger that has some raid gear because of the gear. Dude, it is a RANGER. I could have TBM gear on and still do ok. I am range dpsing, get it? A ranger's power is in AA, discs and spells. I could rock a group bow from EoK and wear TBM group gear and still do decent in TBL if I have a tank. I can dps mobs from a long ways away, out of AE range most likely and as long as I don't get my fanny summoned and do this dps in a spot I don't collect adds, I am not likely to take a lot of damage and if I do, I can self heal. Don't get me this crap about the gear my ranger has.

My mage is way under developed and therefore isn't ready for this expansion when it has no pet AA or mage AA built up. It is not quite ready even if it is 110. The level doesn't make the toon, the AA development does. So having the ranger really isn't helping things if the pet tank dies.

It is tough and the devs have seen some reasonable posts and are going to adjust it, but it surely isn't unplayable or a dead end that people are screaming to us less thann 48 hours in. LOL!
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You might as well compare the two. Only a moron does either. I don't give a how rich one or the other is.
  11. took2summit11 Augur

We’re talking about 2 different things. If I am already tanking Stratos in EOK and 16k AAs, I sure hope this is the normal mode you are referencing. IF they want to add a hard mode, the point I am trying to make is it should most certainly be harder than it currently is. There’s no reason to dumb down content that can already be beaten by someone in EOK armor and 16k AAs
    Bibiks likes this.
  12. Belexes ForumQuester

I never said I did any trials. Did you read what I posted? How come so many people here can't read?

Do you really think a way under developed mage and a ranger should be able to cruise through trials? :) I knew I wouldn't be able to do all the zone progression, but I can play in it and do some as a duo and invite a few others to my group to do the others, just like how the game was designed to be. People are doing it now. It can be done.

Maybe I can't duo all the tasks in the zone to make it to the next zone, but should I be able to? I know I will give it a go.

I didn't play in TBL with this duo very long due to my playtime limited. I know with a little work on the mage, I will try to do the merc tasks and partisian tasks at least.
  13. Endaar Augur

As a caster, I agree completely. A silk class shouldn't need raid-level HP to do T1 group content, and it's the AEs that are the problem. The only way to "get good" and work around this is by what, getting into a group with multiple healers?
    Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. FawnTemplar Augur

No, we're not talking about the same thing because we (everyone but you) are talking about instanced zones and you are talking about an open zone.

Secondly, as I have said in other places. It is awesome that you can do what you do with undergeared and under AA'd toons. Consider this a big pat on the back and an ego stroke. However, not everyone can and this game should be accessible to as many people as possible. Progress to a different zone if it is not challenging enough for you. I am sure you will find the trials of smoke more than satisfying.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Stiku and Pirlo like this.
  15. took2summit11 Augur

What do you mean exactly? Do I think people should be able to get through progression using a pet tank and healer mercs? No, I don’t. Honestly anyone on this board complaining about the difficulty should give a full breakdown of their group make-up. I guess half the people complaining are using pet tanks and the other half haven’t even bought the expansion yet (admitted by them).
  16. Axxius Augur

The raids are not too easy for T1. If anything, Smoke and PoFire are too long and need an HP reduction.
    T2 raids are hopefully a bit harder (as they should be). And T3 is another step up.

The biggest issue with the raids in this expansion is them requiring too many tanks and healers. 3, 4, even 5 things to tank at the same time, all requiring backup and separate healing (and not just 1 healer per tank either). In some raids, one of the 3-5 tanks dying leads to an immediate leash/regen to 100, undoing the entire event, or an 'imbalance' with a subsequent wipe. The devs really overdid it with forced raid splitting and multi-boss events this year.

But at least we are already used to the raids getting tuned up at the end of beta. That happens every expansion. What was an unwelcome surprise this year, was that the group content also received a ninja tune-up. That was really unnecessary. What looked decently challenging for an average group during testing turned into a nightmare even for raiders.
    Thunderkiks, Yinla, Elyssanda and 2 others like this.
  17. took2summit11 Augur

Also, I believe Fight fire (which I’ve done) is an instances zone. I agree 100%, but let’s define accessible. Do you think people should be able to beat expansions by using pet tanks and healer mercs?
  18. Mintalie Augur

Dude, you have a serious bug up your a$$ about pet tanks. Why the hate? Jealous?
    Stiku, Pirlo, Graves and 1 other person like this.
  19. Barton The Mischievous

Yes I do think they would care
  20. Yimin Augur

You yourself have claim you are a Pal with group heals , that you had a Merc cleric healing you and also now a Necro group healing you , and an Enc runeing you . but according to you this is not over tuned group content !

You bring up pet tanking when in this thread I have not seen one person claiming pet tanking is an issue could be wrong maybe someone has but i have not seen it , Play a Bst myself full raid geared max AA max ACH and this content is way way way over tuned for group geared players , but hey maybe everyone will just sit around every night waiting for that perfect group, Pal , one of the best healers in the game , an Enc to rune you over and over and also slow the mob , Necro for group heals and great dps , a merc cleric that does not die to these trash mobs dots ...

YiMin
    Stiku, Pirlo, Graves and 1 other person like this.