Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Graves Elder

To summarise...

Died on third trash mob. Everything is fine.
    Inga and Ironnuts like this.
  2. Febb Augur

A dev already posted they are looking into the tuning. I know this is the internet and everyone's ego gets bruised when someone disagrees with them but let's see what the devs do with tuning. Possibly could see some changes today with the patch.
  3. Zamiam Augur

there's a patch today ?
  4. Febb Augur

5. Belexes ForumQuester

Weak
  6. Grau Elder

There was plenty of complaining from top-end raiders that GoD was too difficult. One of the biggest complaints at the time was that Tipt/Vxed were literally killing their guilds because their warriors/clerics were getting burned out doing the missions over and over to push 1-2 people through.
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. Kiras Augur

I want to bring attention to the Trial of the Ashes of Rusted Cliff's Glory in particular. It seems disproportionately difficult compared to the other trials of smoke. The boss AE Volcanic Explosion and Phoenix Fires are a bit excessive for group content. Either of them is fine, but having both, particularly having a 4.5s stun (and large DD) casted every 30 seconds making it harder to dodge the phoenix fires, is a bit excessive. At first I thought that the decal was lying, because I was getting nuked after running out of it - though that turns out to be the boss thing.

Possible solutions to consider (I'm not saying do all of them):
    1. Shorten Volcanic Explosion's stun duration.
    2. Lessen the frequency of Volcanic Explosion to something like once every 60s instead of 30s.
    3. Make it so volcanic explosion and phoenix fires don't sync up. We got one-shot by them hitting simultaneously on one attempt. This didn't happen on most attempts, but it's still an annoying luck factor. "Tanking" the AEs seems to be a viable strategy IFF the AEs don't hit at the same time, although with less than raid gear it would be pretty rough.
    4. Make the boss AE smaller radius (it's 200 now). Maybe do it warp to the center and root self style ala Enslaver of Souls, so that dodging its AE becomes viable.
    5. Make the boss hit for less if the AEs are going to hit so hard.
    6. Ask Veeshan to flatten out the island :cool: Or a gnomish steamroller.
    FawnTemplar and Allayna like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I only did the Soldier of Air and Fight Fire task so far and found them to both be pretty easy with my 100% group geared box team. I pretty much just face rolled the Fight Fire task without knowing what was going on.
  9. Graves Elder

No, weak was telling us how you were going to call people whiny babies then trying it for yourself and dying to the third trash mob and then trying to say that is fine and we should be grateful.
  10. Belexes ForumQuester

Oh, so I am not supposed to die at all? Did you see how under powered my mage was and its healer merc? Do you read? Had I gone in there with something grouped in EoK gear and some AA, I wouldn't have had an issue. Don't go in there unprepared and you should be fine.
  11. Zamiam Augur

Maybe thats when the new LUCK stat will come in handy :p :p
  12. Graves Elder

To the third trash mob when one of the toons has what was it, 28k AA and some raid gear?

No, you should not be dying to trash like that in the first and only available zone.
  13. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Overtuned = overpowered.
  14. ptah Augur

Just adding my 2 cents

t1 trash or named has been ok. SK tank with ros t2 group gear; Chanter on debuffs and a couple of mages for dps.. single merc with several if not all merc AA.

Yes runes are being cast.. yes if the sk don't grind agro hard.. the mage pets will gank agro.. but he mostly does take care of his agro.. short of FO and bp clicks.. SK is tanking mob.

Did win 100% of the time.. no. Did win more often than we wiped yes.

No missions yet as we just xploring and waiting on shaman to come with us on weekend. I can see from both sides.. and its ok to struggle is what 36 hours old.. ?

Have fun and adventure. Cya ingame
  15. Bigstomp Augur

We found this one easy. (for learning it was easy - we did not win first try) - Other than the fun when our healer fell off (that didn't end well) it seemed pretty easy.
    Group (if this matters) was war, clr, bard, chanter, wiz, monk. Not exactly an ideal group.

I agree with #3. AE's that sync up are pretty rough no matter what event. Not sure they can fix it though, as those things tend to fire on a server tick as far as I know.
  16. Moege Augur

What are you talking about you have the holy trinity there.
    tank healer slower/cc

Then icing on the cake you had 2 dps classes.

Only on not ideal wat the bard.
  17. Drogba Augur

Let's make this EveryoneQuest so senile grandma or toddler hitting random buttons can play and win too though?

I've seen belexes dps, if he's getting stuff done, y'all need to man up!
    Bibiks, Belexes and Tucoh like this.
  18. Moege Augur

Good glad you agree since grandma is also paying a subscription.
  19. Drogba Augur

don't let your grandma hear you insinuating that she's senile!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. NeverPayForLag Augur

Fight Fire?

If you know what you are doing then yes.
    Nearly wiped on the first try because of the surprise that the guys are coming without warning but using Druids emergency jump.
    Surprise: Exodus point has been a mob waiting to beat the rest of the crew.

Very nice design....
    Tucoh likes this.