Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Regazozo Journeyman

Just like last time everything is overtuned Good Luck all you group geared players.

Nothing ever changes :p
  2. Moege Augur

Could just as well copy and past the past 3 years of bugs on launch
    The same complaints about bug reported in beta and not fixed.

Why do people still waste their time beta testing ?
  3. WorriedinNorrath Elder

I’ve always felt devs see players as more of a burden then a help in any beta I’ve ever been in. That’s when I stopped
    NeverPayForLag, Brontus and Slippry like this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

It's better than when it was in Beta in some parts, they did tune some of it down. Most of us throughout Beta said that it was overtuned for most of the EQ playerbase.
    Yimin, Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  5. Raveno Puppykicker New Member

Some of my casual friends finally beat the cactus mission two weeks ago. Maybe we can beat the first group mission before the next expansion of this one too. #optimism
  6. Riou EQResource

Well Fight Fire is easier then any RoS mission, but it has no chest for loot :p
  7. Regazozo Journeyman

Just watched a fully raid geared SK with Discs running get destroyed by a quest mob in Palace of Embers. Honestly trying to decide if membership is even worth it at this point. I have been killed by dots of BLUE CON trash mobs with 300k HP. This is beyond unreasonable at this point. Listen to your players please.....
  8. Cleaver Augur

right ? lol
  9. Lilura Augur

Hate to say I told you so but I did. I said this thing wouldn't be tested for the group game because all the effort would be in beating the raids. Surprise.
  10. Brutalis-trak Journeyman

the fight fire mission sucked for me because I died not having a clue what i was in for , then after that when you zone back in the mobs have such a wide aggro radius , you are attacked , made getting recovered real fun ..... not sure the reason behind the design but it was just bs.
    Yimin likes this.
  11. Brutalis-trak Journeyman

the smoke trials are another thing, why not have the people in the circle so you know where they are to talk to ? i got in there and had no clue where to go , what to do , who to talk to , shouldnt have to look up on outside source just to get a idea of what you are doing just to get started.
    Yimin and Pirlo like this.
  12. ~Mills~ Augur

Resists are a major issue. You basically have to have a bard and enc around using unresistable magic debuffs to then start slowing and landing other debuffs on to make the mobs easier.

Some classes even lose a lot of dps because they are forced to run fire, magic, poison, disease and corruption but are the only class not allowed to debuff for their best resist lines themselves.
    Yimin, Graves and Pirlo like this.
  13. divirgmar Lorekeeper

DB used to be the hard, with red being a no and yellow being a possible death with a guild group or raid geared group. This was the standard. Who doesn't remember GoD? All those monsters were 5 levels above the player base and devs told no one. It toughened you up, made you a better player, raid loot was almost impossible until next expansion and new levels except for top guilds. A mage could solo in Riwi- maybe- just at entrance provided no adds and chain healing with the highest heal spell and lower heal spell- back when they were on two different timers so you could chain heal a little, cast the lesser while the greater was cooling down to buy a bit more time, and only one servant at a time- maybe squeeze in a fast cast DD in the meantime. Also discovered that maybe annulling monsters worked, we didn't see what buffs they had, ever. Besides expansions are not meant to be rushed through, stil a lot to do in RoS.
    KCKing likes this.
  14. Pirlo Augur

What you did there.
    We saw :)
  15. Pirlo Augur

I don't know what you're trying to say with that and whether that's true or not but when you have a shrinking player base an expansion that's exponentially difficult is not the way to go
    NeverPayForLag and Yimin like this.
  16. FawnTemplar Augur

GoD is a bad example as originally it was supposed to have a level increase but at the last minute the level increase was nixed and nobody had time to detune the expansion before release. That is why it was so hard.
    Yimin likes this.
  17. Regazozo Journeyman

Daybreak your normal players are not your BETA testers. The current live game is worse than a BETA.
  18. Zamiam Augur

I predict in a months time the expansion will get tuned down a bit.. or the Dev's might want to start looking for another job .. cause this shrinking player base is not gonna keep putting up with their BS much longer..
    NeverPayForLag, Sheev, Yimin and 2 others like this.
  19. Ceffener Augur

If you want to use GoD expansion as a standard, just remember:

“The introduction of this expansion in early 2004 was beset by numerous serious quality issues. John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) has described the release of this expansion as "SOE's worst mistake in five years"”

I don’t think that’s the expansion you want to aspire too.
  20. ~Mills~ Augur

Everyone in beta repeatedly told them stuff was overtuned for group and basically immune to certain lines unless you had a enc and bard present. They made some changes but mostly didn't see it the same way.