Live Update Bugs 12/11/2018

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Volgare Journeyman

Seems mana preservation effects aren't working, using same spells as i was using pre-expansion my mana is going down much faster than normal in new zones.
    Toruch Fleshrot likes this.
  2. svann Augur

Ethernere travel brew no longer works. I click it and nothing casts and there is no error message. This is on bristlebane if that makes a difference. Tried relogging, and tried default ui but still no work.
  3. Beltirabelkira Elder

The Smoke-Filled Lamps that give you further ranks of player's progressive abilities seem to be the exact same clicky between all 3 group versions.

While I don't have the final group one done, the first one allows for up to rank 3 of the ability, while the second one gave nothing because I'm already at rank 3 of the ability.
  4. Quatreh Elder

dissident rage does nothing even after speaking to the npc for "reminder"
  5. Prathun Developer

Unable to reproduce. Ethernere Travel Brew worked OK on Live.
  6. Prathun Developer

Verified. I believe this is fixed internally. Thank you for letting us know!
    practicalnurse and Jaera like this.
  7. Prathun Developer

Fixed/changed internally. Added load balancing to The Burning Lands, Seeds of Destruction, Underfoot, and House of Thule zones.
    Boze, Baldur and Jaera like this.
  8. Paladin Augur

Freshly Cleaned Vegetables only stack to 20.
  9. Prathun Developer

This is fixed internally. I believe it occurs when one of the named bosses tethers.
  10. Allayna Augur

Engaged on spawn point. Still de-popped. This is not related to tether.
  11. Eyezing Lorekeeper

Unless you just made a change, I don't believe that to be the case here. I have intentionally sent in my pet first just to avoid the named moving from proximity aggro before the tank is in place and the result was the same as the rest of the attempts. If you made a change, that'd be fantastic!
  12. Rondor Augur

When right-clicking any item in the list of wares at an NPC vendor, it takes around 1 second before the item window pops up on my screen. Prior to the TBL patch it was near-instantaneous for the item window to appear.

The extra delay I'm seeing when inspecting an item in a vendor's list is roughly the same delay that I have always seen for many years before the "Lore" tab appears in the item description window of an item that I have in my own inventory and ALT-Right-Click to view the item window.

Therefore it "feels" as if the item description window isn't rendering in my client until the server has sent the "item lore" information to my client.

In contrast, when alt-right-clicking the item in my inventory, the item window pops up *immediately* but it takes a while for the Lore tab to appear - just as it has been doing for a few years so that's the same as before and nothing wrong there really.

NOTE I have a Ping time of 129 ms. A fellow player I talked to about this issue I'm seeing, who has a much smaller ping time to the DBG EQ servers, still sees a very quick rendering of the item window when right-clicking a line in an NPC vendor.

This is reproducible for me at Angler Winifred in POK, right-clicking on a Water Flask in her inventory (and any other item). (NOTE: Water Flask never used to have a Lore tab, and still doesn't for me on a level 110 character ; the comments about the Lore tab on items being slow for many years applies to those items that have had an extra Lore tab prior to TBL release.)
  13. Prathun Developer

Ah, gotcha. In that case, I believe the problem is occurring when their tether script is called and not when it actually tethers.
  14. Rondor Augur

Sorry: in the above I meant that in contrast, when alt-LEFT-clicking an item in my inventory, the item window pops up immediately, as it always has.

It's just right-clicking an item in a vendor window that's slow now. Sometimes I don't see the slowness until the second item I right-click on a vendor, and sometimes it's a little bit faster (0.5 sec delay instead of 1 sec delay) but it's still noticeably slow.
  15. Jaera Augur

Fantastic! Dare one hope that this can be hotfixed or that a patch is possible prior to the 2nd? :)
  16. Prathun Developer

This is a Code change and so is not hot-fixable. I can't speak to whether or when there will be a mid-cycle update.
  17. Addikeys Elder

Not sure if this is a bug, but collection pieces in Stratos appear to be unreachable as they are underneath the floating islands.
  18. Modef Lorekeeper

Thunderkiks said:
    “Tried to learn my progressive disc. Says you are unable to learn your progressive ability because you do not own The burning Lands. I am in Stratos and bought the spell. I own the premium edition of the expansion. The tome in question is Tome : Dissident Form”
    "We're aware of this one and working on getting it fixed (this affects first ranks of multiple progressive spells and will be fixed all at once)."

Any timeframe as to when I can expect to "own The Burning Lands"? It is 13 hours since I logged into game, applied my new AAs, went to Stratos, bought Dissident Weapons and got dissed when I clicked the Tome.......

And, I still can't crit or flurry.
  19. niente Developer

Criticals and flurries are now listed like this instead of being in a separate filter:

You pierce NPC for x points of damage. (Flurry)
    You pierce NPC for x points of damage. (Critical)
    You pierce NPC for x points of damage. (Lucky Critical)
    You pierce NPC for x points of damage. (Flurry Critical)
    You pierce NPC for x points of damage. (Flurry Lucky Critical)

These all go to your regular hits filter. I could send the message back to the critical hit filter, but the problem is when you have multiple special attacks on a single hit (i.e. flurry & critical), it is ambiguous which filter it should be sent to. Originally if your flurry message was "You unleash a flurry of attacks!" it can go there, or when criticals previously sent out a separate hit message (that had an inaccurate number).
  20. Itaru Journeyman

I've started getting spammed with other players' dot damage even though I've had it turned off in the chat filters