New Cleric On Live Server

Discussion in 'Priests' started by doberman2014, Dec 5, 2018.

1. doberman2014 New Member

Decided to give eq a try again on Live, I have an account that goes back to 1998.
    I would like to level a cleric and since there is no early grouping and reading everything on how hard it is to solo/molo a cleric is it really worth it?

Are guilds recruiting new clerics for raids on live?
  2. Cadira Augur

Clerics are one of the most sought after classes for raid guilds. Unless a guild is teeming with them, which is uncommon in my experience.

Getting levels would be the hard part. One route would be to pay someone to level you up fairly high and then join a family style guild that will help you the rest of the way until your raid potential. Another route and a much longer lasting, self help way would be to make a dream team of boxes and level your crew up yourself.

Either route will take some time and money but I'm sure you've considered that generally speaking.
  3. Brohg Augur

Nonsense assumptions. Grouping is not remotely that rare or difficult. You do molo through low levels, sure, because everybody does. Those levels are fast & easy so players aren't just hanging around sucking in those levels, at least not ambitious peers. Clerics do that stage more than fine, and then when you're up to 95 or whatever, basic competence will have you drowning in dicgroup invites.

If you level up too fast I guess you could encounter the problem of not enough plat for basics to get established? Spells, type3 augs & such? But other than that there's nothing besides ~2k AA & a brain to "reach raid potential"
  4. Angre Augur

We could use a raiding cleric on Bertox.

You would be spoiled. We raid Tues, Thurs, and Sunday Nights.

On a 3 tier guild graph, we are problaby a tier 2 raiding guild, because RL comes first for us. But we are growing more and more serious towards raiding. We've been raiding since 2011 and still going strong.

Join us and help us on T1 TBL Raid. There is a 3 Krono Bonus spread out over 3 months for you to have.

Join us, Become an Owl (Omani Winter's Legacy)

POC: Lluke, Angre or Patancia.

Angre
  5. Gundolin Augur

The first 80ish levels are pretty easy to molo. With my cleric I accidentally specialized in evocation since I did way more nuking than healing my mercenary. Then I went back and did the quest to reset.

Most guild web pages I check show some to high demand for clerics. But I think you will need to level/gear before they will take you.

WB
  6. doberman2014 New Member

Thank You all for the feedback, I started a Cleric on Bristlebane, Going to do the Hero's Journey line and level up.
  7. Gnomereaper Augur

Epic 1.0, Epic 2.0 are basically mandatory for you to have.

Shield of Striding from Cazic Thule will help you as well, it's instant levitation. Usible at 51.

When you get to 75? or so, see if anyone will run you through Final Confrontation Raid from Seeds of Destruction in Field of Scale. There's a flying (levitating) raid speed mount there. Do normal mode, not hard mode. When the hard mode 35 man version pops up, select no.
  8. Gundolin Augur

Do people heavily use their 1.0 still? I've never gotten mine and didn't really see the need.
  9. Brohg Augur

One must have their 1.0 to quest through Epic Request ornaments to Epic Retelling task for Light!
    [IMG]
  10. Gnomereaper Augur

The AA cost is 600 mana, used to be free but it got nerfed. The 1.0 is free, if you have a mana drain on or just rezzed and needing to rez people for it allows you to rez without question. It also gives you the title Curate.

Plus Light is cool.
    Gundolin likes this.
  11. Annastasya Augur

it's worth it if you are willing/able to really commit. To the game, to a guild, to a group of friends and contacts that you foster.

Keep in mind- Everyone has a pocket cleric in merc healers. They don't need your buffs, they don't need your rezzes, and for the most part, they don't need your heals. For 95% of the game content the healer mercs are sufficient. Despite all the lip service, you will certainly encounter being left out of groups. I won't go into the myriad of reasons and excuses that people will reject or ignore you- that's another discussion altogether.

For difficult group content/missions and for raids you will be ridiculously powerful and completely irreplaceable. If you are competent and not a complete fail in the personality department, it is highly unlikely that you will not get accepted for a trial in whichever raiding guild you choose. (and often, even if you are a complete fail in the personality department) The modern raiding EQ cleric is somewhat of a dichotomy.

For your other questions- moloing (that is just you + a merc) up to level 60-70ish is no problem at all. Boxing will accelerate this process greatly. Do some research and get into a good guild, develop a social circle, be generous in doing things for others about as often as you ask for help with things, always be open to learning from other players and improving yourself and you will be well on your way to a rich gaming experience.