enchanter/mage

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Damezza, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Damezza Augur

still as strong as it once was? when it comes to pet tanking named mobs, is there a better combo?
  2. Mintalie Augur

Hard to say. Mobs seem to have a lot more HP and hit a lot harder than they used to. That being said, I don't think there is a better compliment to a mage than an enchanter.
  3. Damezza Augur

Wasn’t sure if there was a beast based combo that worked better.
  4. Mintalie Augur

I've never played a beast so I don't know.
  5. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

I suppose you need to ask yourself how hard do you want to make it. Generally if you are boxing, the more classes with "pets", and I mean strong pets, is the general way to go. It's assist and forget... hit a DPS combo and just let it ride. Then add all the benefits from DPS, heals, buffs, runes, CC, pulling, evac. We can spin this a 100 ways really. Everyone will have their own opinion. I have seen combos that "sound" really weird, but the person has fine tuned it so much that it just works for them.

I love chanters... but mainly for their buffs, haste, mana regen. But their runes are awesome... they have so many from spell based DOT, DD or plain damage reduction ones, to AA ones that again reduce DD, spell damage etc. They have runes to enhance agro. They can CC of course, if you know what you are doing they are great pullers which you would need with just a mage. Their DOTS and DD are great as well. However they need attention. When the crap hits the roof, your mage pet is tanking and you got mad adds and your enchanter is on a simple nuke dps key. Again, how hard to do you want to play?

Honestly, get a toon that can pull and do DPS and has a pet. I mean a Necro. I use mine as my "base". Mage pet tanks... etc. You have the luxury of merc healers. NOT the BEST but it will do so your healing is covered mostly. The issue with boxing is that once you start with 2, you soon realize you want to add more. So necro, mage... enchanter... but why stop there. How about a necro, mage, enchanter, bst and shaman and throw ONE healer merc. Or replace the sham with a ranger. The combos can go on and on and on.

You certainly cannot go wrong with a mage/enchanter. Nothing wrong with that pal. It just depends on your play style.
    Pirlo likes this.
  6. Outlander Engine Elder

Here's a trick. Type this in google.
    "enchanter mage" site:forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/
    It will use google search to go through the EQ forums for the terms in quotes.
    You can then use the google tools to limit it to results from 2015 on.

Do this for any duo you want to research. There's a lot of discussion on boxing.
  7. Gnomeland Augur

Strong, not as strong as it used to be because enchanters were too strong and have been brought down, but still pretty close. You should not have issues taking down rare monsters with this combination, or going through dungeons.

Beast enchanter or beast bard are similar in power but require more work because beast require more equipment and effort to play.

Only better combination is end game tank + support. But that's just because end game tanks > content.