monk epic 1.0 needs some support

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Korbazz, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Korbazz New Member

its true that its almost inposible for this pawbuster to show if you only do the 2 to 5 hours of grind a day. becouse i made sutch a big fuse my guild grinded it out for me but the fact that i needed to use my guild for a easy kill is disheartning. i know the fight itself if easy as heck so i dont have the issue fighting pawbuster its just geting him to show that will dive the monk insane.
  2. Duder Augur

I did the monk epic during the July increased spawn rate this year, Pawbuster still took two seperate camps, one about 8 hours and one 12-14, Raster was conveniently up when i checked, and chardok was about 6 hours. I doubt the tables have broken from July till now. I remember doing the monk 1.0 twice about 14 and 17 years ago and it being just as big a nightmare as you guys are having. I got off easy this time.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Working as intended, it would seem.
  4. Korbazz New Member

so how is it that its working at intended when a monk will grind that are for over 200+ hours with out geting pawbuster to show? this is for real becouse if you think about it something is rong if he wont show for over 200+ hours no mater what is done.
    Herf likes this.
  5. Phiyre Augur

Why not just skip the 1.0 and do the 1.5 pre quest. Spent quite a bit of time on my mage on the 1.0. Got sick of waiting for things to spawn etc. Epic 1.5 took a couple hours maybe. I'd probably still be working on the 1.0 ...
  6. Buri Augur

That's how I did it for my Monk alt, I don't remember any of it, so it must have been pretty easy!
  7. Phiyre Augur

8. Vizula-Emarr Elder

What epic 1.0 isnt some snooze wait fest. Why are you wasting 2 months straight on it, sounds like you hit it once or twice in a blue moon, not hours every day lol.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Just yesterday, I finished my last epic: 48/48 (1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 for each of the 16 classes). Some I have done multiple times. I did all the epics because it gave me a challenge and a chance to play each class at least minimally. And because they are some of the best quests in the game and allow you to visit many zones that I never got to see before.

Aside from the never ending unicorn chase of grinding exp, AAs and gear, I think quests (and checklists) are what EQ is all about. And the epics are...epic.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  10. Herf Augur

Because on PoP locked TLP servers 1.0 is all you can do, and for that era it's still good.
  11. Dreadmore Augur

What were your most and least favorites? I've done all but the and beastlord, druid, berserker ones myself.

I really like the rogue ones, all of them. Sneaking around, collecting stuff around the world, assassinations, they've got them all! Paladin ones are fun too, going around helping people to demonstrate your paladinness.

The cleric and enchanter ones felt lacking to me... I guess I just didn't get the stories behind them.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

In terms of story, the least favorite were probably the cleric and pally ones, because those "holier than thou" classes always bore me. I enjoyed the SK 1.0 a lot for the story, and doing the SK epic retelling (I have only done a handful of the retellings) was really fun! I also liked the druid epic, although I'm a little biased: it was the only epic I did in-era back in the day :)

In terms of difficulty, the Harbinger mobs have really helped with most of the ridiculous waiting on Live servers. However, for me there is no question: Quillmane (mage epic) was by far the longest and most frustrating camp for me. And when I did the SK epic on Agnarr (twice o_O), the Marl Kastane hand-in was absolutely ridiculous and pitted players against each other for no good reason at all. They recently changed that part of the epic and it should be a lot better, but it's still a god-awful mechanic that needlessly delays (and limits the number of epics that can be completed) because of a hand-in mob - not a fight or anything interesting.