Necro warrior pet vs Mage pet

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Tinolien, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Tinolien Journeyman

Anyone break down from experience the margin between the two tanking named mobs? Let’s assume the necro pet is wearing full mage summoned items. Same EM focus too.

For fun, can anyone compare beast pet against those two as well?

I know lots of changes have been made to pets while i was gone. Curious how things stand currently. Thanks for you time!
  2. menown Augur

From Allakhazam:
    Patch Notes for August 20, 2014
    *** Spells ***
    - Numerous changes have been made to the way pets deal and receive damage:
    -- Beastlord - Spirit of Kolos and Scream at the Moon will now summon pets with higher HP and AC, but each focus level will add less HP and AC than previously. Low focus levels will be stronger, but high focus levels will be weaker.
    -- Beastlord - Spirit of Lachemit and Yell at the Moon will now summon pets with lower HP and AC than before.
    -- Beastlord - Pets summoned by Yahnoa's Feralgia and Kesar's Feralgia will start their lives at 100 percent HP.
    -- Cleric - Infallable Hammer of Zeal will now hit harder than it did before. Infallible Hammer of Reverence will now hit harder than it did before.
    -- Enchanter - Seronvall's Animation and Xorlex's Animation now summon pets with much more HP and AC.
    -- Enchanter - Seronvall's Animation and Xorlex's Animation deal more damage than they did before.
    -- Magician - Ruthless Servant and Facets of Air, Water, Fire, and Earth will now summon pets with higher HP and AC, but each focus level will add less HP and AC than previously. Low focus levels will be stronger, but high focus levels will be weaker.
    -- Magician - Relentless Servant and Shards of Air, Water, Fire, and Earth will now summon pets with lower HP and AC than before.
    -- Magician - Steelbound Bodyguard will now summon pets with more HP and AC. Groundswell Bodyguard will now summon pets with more HP but less AC.
    -- Magician - Ruthless Servants and Relentless Servants will start their lives at 100 percent HP.
    -- Magician - Ruthless Servant and Relentless Servant now have a wider range of melee damage they can deal, but should deal roughly the same damage over time as they did before.
    -- Magician - Facet of Air and Shard of Air have lower maximum hits but should deal similar overall damage within a smaller range.
    -- Magician - Facet of Water and Shard of Water have higher maximum and minimum melee damage and should deal more damage overall.
    -- Magician - Facet of Earth and Shard of Earth have lower minimum and maximum hits. They will deal less damage than before but should hit more often and more consistently.
    -- Necromancer - Vak'Ridel's Shade, Reborn Assassin, and Call Skeleton Host will now summon pets with higher HP and AC, but each focus level will add less HP and AC than previously. Low focus levels will be stronger, but high focus levels will be weaker.
    -- Necromancer - Zalifur's Shade, Unearthed Assassin, and Call Skeleton Throng will now summon pets with lower HP and AC than before.
    -- Necromancer - Unwitting Sacrifice and Conscripted Sacrifice will now summon pets with more HP and AC.
    -- Necromancer - Pets summoned by Call Skeleton Host and Call Skeleton Throng will start their lives at 100 percent HP.
    -- Necromancer - Reborn Assassin and Unearthed Assassin have higher maximum and minimum melee damage and should deal more damage overall.
    -- Necromancer - Vak'Ridel's Shade and Zalifur's Shade now have lower minimum and maximum hits. They will deal less damage than before but should hit more often and more consistently.
    -- Shadowknight - Minion of Sholoth now has more HP and AC. Minion of Grelleth now has less AC but more HP.
    -- Shadowknight - Minion of Sholoth and Minion of Grelleth now deal more damage than they did before.
    -- Shaman - Hilnaah's Faithful now has more HP and AC. Kriegas' Faithful now has less AC but more HP.

Test Update 8/5/2014 - Pet Changes Round Two

Test Update 8/08/2014 - Pet Changes Round 3

Test Update 08/12/2014 - Pet Changes Round 4

Skewert likes this.
  3. Damezza Augur

Any experienced players weigh in on how these changes actually played out?
  4. Siddar Augur

They had no noticeable effect on balance between nec, bst, and mag pets.

Earth pet is still the best at tanking followed by Air pet followed by bst and then nec war pet. It been the same sense at least SoD expansion maybe longer.
    Skewert and Yimin like this.
  5. Ghazghul Journeyman

I think you failed to mention a pet, Enchanter's.
    For agro holding and tanking I would agree Mag (Earth/Air) then Bst / Necro / Shammy and Chanter.

Problem with Chanter's pet is agro holding however if you watch your dps it tanks just as well as my Bst or Necro pets.
  6. Siddar Augur

Enchanter pet were roughly half of a Nec war pet. Its why I didn't include them.
  7. Damezza Augur

Wait. Chanter pets tank as well as beast/necro?! They just do less dps?
  8. Rizzin Elder

No... the Enchanter pet does more damage than the Necro warrior pet, but the Necro pet tanks better.

In my experience, the Ench Pet quickly pulls agro from the Necro pet if I have taunt on both (I box a Necro and Ench).
  9. Ghazghul Journeyman

I molo'd EoK progression and RoS progression (Except for 2 tasks in RoS) on chanter. It's been my experience that chanter pet is just as tanky as my necro's or bst pet but i have to feather dps or pull agro off pet unlike my necro pet or bst pet which both hold agro far better.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

A necro warrior pet isn't in the same ballpark as a mage earth pet. Base stats are higher for earth pet, the earth pet comes with summoned gear always, theft of essence buff, host in the shell, earth elemental strength when it lands, etc.

A necro warrior pet is the weakest tank of the three main pet classes. Beastlord pets stats might be close but their protection spell and healing boosts it over, they just absorb 12% melee damage with no cap.

With the changes to how focus works even without focusable pets enchanters are right there and a shadow knight pet is very close minus the pet runes. When a necro warrior pet is good enough it means earth pets or warders are often doing stuff they don't want but rather than tuning them each differently nerfs are a blanket approach despite the gaps.
  11. Gnomeland Augur

Out of the box:

Earth pets > air pets > beast pets > necromancer pets

Full pet equipment + full pet support abilities from their respective classes:

Beast pets = earth pets > air pets > necromancer pets

In fact, beast pets are better over all than earth pets when you don't have a player priest, because beasts have far better pet support spells than magicians, including as mentioned above, a 12% damage mitigation with no damage limit, which no other pet class can match. With a player priest, though, earth pets are better because player priests can make use of the higher health.

Also, beasts have slow, which makes it easier to keep their pets alive should you lack slow from another source.

For this reason, my rule is: for physical groups where you want to pet tank, use a beast. For spell groups, use a magician.
  12. seber Augur

can the Enc pets plz sit on kids table the real pet class are talking smile ,,,,