XP questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by took2summit11, Nov 15, 2018.

1. took2summit11 Augur

Hello, I am a level 99 pal and 99 nec. I am absolutely sick of doing Gribbles and know it’s the quickest way for me to xp. Outside of that, I have been doing the TBM 6x4 and the XP is OK, not great, though. I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions on what to do that may be better than TBM?

Also for leveling purposes, is it generally better to kill blue con mobs as fast as you can or to kill the highest level mobs you can safely kill without dying? My paladin is pretty well geared at this point with full TBM level appropriate items. I was considering trying out chapterhouse as I believe there’s a fair amount of undead there. Other question I have is, is it worth it to just use pal and nec and leave healer and dps Merc out for increased xp? Not sure if the increase in kills they bring outweigh the xp they take?
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I play a paladin as well. I usually look for places to fight that have lots of dark blue undead. That improves my efficiency greatly. Chapterhouse was a place where I ground out about 20k AA. I do recommend it. I don't box at all so I can't help you with that part of your question.
  3. Vinjin Lorekeeper

I highly suggest RoF. It's a well designed expansion and offers up plenty of content to carry your XP sessions until 102 or even 103 if you so desired. I still enjoy it myself at 110 while working on collections for alts.

And as noted above, Chapterhouse is built perfectly for a Pally/Necro combo. You definitely want to spend some time there.
  4. took2summit11 Augur

Thanks for the tips. I just noticed the 50% shorter lock-out timers..guess it’s back to Gribbles I go and just get it over with =/ lol
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, will you ever go back and do all the content you're skipping now? If so, STOP BEING IN A RUSH TO LEVEL, and do all that content now ;)

At 108, I was in RoF zones, working on collections, and making 6-7% of a level on one Lesson. So, in about 10-12 days, you've made a level, finished collections (for AA), and probably finished other progression quests.

At 99, you'd get considerably more XP, since at 108 I was a bit over the level for that content. Also note, at 109, you'll either want to move out of RoF, or accept really slow XP. I'm getting about 1% of a level on a Lesson. But, on my last 2 collections for all of RoF, and then moving on :)

Tat
  6. Annastasya Augur

it's sad to me when i hear stories of people's entire experience in this game consisting of running Deadhills Heroic Adventures over and over. There is so much content to this game, it's quite amazing. Deadhills is even one of the uglier zones (it's supposed to be like that so i don't really blame the artists) Imagine all the colorful landscapes, npcs and creatures you are missing out on.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

the problem with Gribbles is they changed how you get EXP its at the end and not from the mobs.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yesss. There is more content than you can believe out there!

TBM itself is well worth completing just for the heroic AAs, not to mention rewards for completing Achievement arcs. XP should be pretty good at your level.
  9. Daedly Augur

Create a FTP account, get them to DH at gribbles, add them to your fellowship too. Drop a campfire in DH, do gribbles with your pally and necro. When youre done, gate out and exp else where. Then the lockout timer is up, campfire back. Destroy the old campfire and drop a new campfire down, do the next round of gribbles. Rinse and repeat. Creating a FTP wizard and Pling them up when you have time to where they get group bind port comes in handy when combined with fellowship camps.

You will reach a point where the exp for gribbles wont be worth the time it takes to complete them when compared to just normal leveling. That is going to largely depend on your kill rate though. I think its somewhere around bewteen 104 and 106 for when i was 3 boxing.

Once you get to level 102 or 103, i would try the skellys in Lcea. They were usually a nice relaxing camp for me.
  10. Daedly Augur

Also, one of the best thing about gribbles is that the exp is the same wether you solo it or are in a full group and that the diffficulty is based off the highest level character.

So, thats means you can invite people lower level than you to join you and it "shouldnt" slow you down. It also means, you might get lucky and find a level 110 someone using it to level an alt or two that might let you tag along for even faster completions than what you can do now.
  11. Laronk Augur

Or create 3 or 6 ftp accounts ( they can have 2 characters each) then you can have 3 camped at one spot and 3 camped at another to make camp fires on the go. Even better pling to level 55 is super fast and you can make coth bots =)
  12. Leigo You come here often?

This caps at lvl 100. The changes to HAs mean they only scale to the lvl cap on that expansion.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I would maybe branch out and try to do the actual COTF progression. The xp at your level will still be really good and you will knock out progression that you will probably want to do later on. Kill two birds with one stone. You might have to skip some of the missions like the captain HA's until later but Tainted karana and bixie should be easily done. I would also suggest working on at least katta, tempest temple and BI in TDS while you level up. This will provide a little more variety in your game play to reduce the gribble blues.