Attention Xegony players...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Mintalie Augur

Okay, Xegony peeps, WTB EoK & RoS TAs, PST :)

And yes, I'll also post this in general, however, a lot of people (rightfully) do not join general, so.
  2. Mintalie Augur

Ding 110 and several new augs and AAs, thanks for all of the help, nice people of Xegony!
    Pirlo and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Bahdah Augur

4. Mintalie Augur

Oh hai, I'm back from vacation. Managed to grind out EotD over the past 5 days with a lot of help from guildees. Hooray! Now I'm feeling almost like a grown up mage again...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Tanols Augur

Grown up ?!?! isn't that stretching it a little for a gnome ?!?! :) lol
    Mintalie and Leex like this.
  6. Mintalie Augur

Me again! Still on Xegony, still questing and TSing and everythinging like a madwoman. Who is a TS hoarder?! WTB all of the following on Xegony:
    • Nightmare Mephit Blood
    • Raw Diamond
    • Sandstorm Pearl
    • A Drop of Pure Rain
    • A Storm Rider Blood
    • Underfoot Mushroom
    • A Strange Dark Fungus
    • Sacred Water
    • Iron Oxide
    • Permafrost Crystals
    • Fire Arachnid Silk
    • Obsidianwood Sap
    • Fire Mephit Blood
    • Raw Diamond
    • Brick of Molten Ore
    • Clockwork Grease
    • Chunk of Wind Metal
    • Air Arachnid Silk
    • Featherwood Bow Staff
    • Planar Fruit
    • Hero Parts
    • Habanero Pepper
    • Slarghilug Leg
    • Unbroken Eye Stalk
    • Webbed Tail Fin
    • Regrua Claws
    • A Branch of Sylvan Oak
    • Prawn
    • Wayunder Perch
    • Twitching Giant Frog Leg
    • Ranthock Wheat
    • Shaded Bonefish
    • Shadow Trout
    • Thunder Salmon
    • White Lead
    Send me a tell, send me an email, or send me a parcel with the price you want. I'll parcel it back if it's too much. :)
  7. took2summit11 Augur

I am on Xegony, any chance I can get the same wonderful help you’ve received? :) leveling is extremely slow atm and I just want to be doing current content =/ L99 atm
    xcitng likes this.
  8. Mintalie Augur

To be honest, I had help from some old friends, but I also relentlessly looked for people in general and in ooc. I also gave away a lot of loot to entice people to stay and help. There is no easy way, it's all hard and requires a lot of work and patience, and most of the work has to be done yourself. Sometimes I would just need help to kill a named so would ask for a tank for five minutes. Make some friends, add them to your friend's list, go find a good grind spot and ask folks to join you. Oft times the best method is to ask folks to join you, not just spam LFG in general. People are usually more inclined to join if you start something yourself. If you see someone LFG in general or ooc, invite them to join you. You might be surprised how far a nice tell can go. Be friendly. Be helpful and reciprocate for what others want to do. Don't be picky about group makeup--make it work.

But, most of all, good luck out there and make sure you have fun!
    Shanarias and Pirlo like this.
  9. Junior00 Elder

I'm impressed you got Tolzol to do anything useful. He was so lazy when he played on Vox, briefly :p
  10. took2summit11 Augur

Yep, I’ve done all these things. You may have seen me in general chat. I am Foradak/Droka. Every night I ask if anyone 95-100 wants to join me for TBM progression, I even offer to do their pre quest, into the temple. No biters over about 5 nights now. Will continue to try and be social and friendly and hope I find someone people that want to team up regularly! Last night someone said 98 mage lfg. I sent them a tell to come to TBM and I will do their pre quests for them and it’s great xp. They responded “NVM, I am going to finish up this solo quest and go watch a movie”. It’s rough times out there and I’ve been about as social/helpful as possible.
  11. Mintalie Augur

I'm sorry to hear it. Your timing (like my own) is particularly dreadful, since most folks are just waiting for the new expansion. Finding people to do progression is probably more difficult than just a good old-fashioned grind. It's much easier to sit at a stationary camp and mindlessly kill than to run around doing missions, FWIW. If getting to 110 is your main goal, find any way to grind it out asap and worry about progression later, IMHO. The progression will be scores easier once you're 110 anyway! Keep trying, and molo if you have to, you'll eventually get there.
  12. Mintalie Augur

Me and Tolzol go way back. He's a good dude.
  13. took2summit11 Augur

Honestly, I’m doing the TBM progression 6x4 quest because I find it to be better xp than a normal grind camp. You get that additional quest completion xp bonus every 30-45 minutes which I find to be worth it vs just a normal grind camp. I could care less about completing the TBM progression, but with my limited knowledge seems like the best way to get xp at the moment. In fact, I’ve already completed the 4 quests 6 times to finish the progression part but I’m still going through them for the xp. Yep, I will be resilient and luckily I box a pal/nec so I can get up and get decent xp on my own, but it sure is light years quicker when I can find anyone to join.
  14. Sancus Augur

While this might be true in a theoretical sense (I don't know either way), for the purposes of finding a group it's more important what people think is the best XP. TBM Progression isn't something very many people do for XP, whereas Gribbles sub-100 and FM post-100 should be pretty popular relatively. I'd wager, regardless of the XP potential, the population of level 95-100 players looking to do TBM progression is very small. The population for other tasks is probably not great either, but limiting yourself to the TBM HAs probably hurts your chances of finding people.

That's not to say you shouldn't do them. If you can get through them boxing or whatever and it yields solid XP, then go for that at least when solo. I just think there are probably other places to go that have higher chances of yielding a group.
    Pirlo likes this.
  15. Belexes ForumQuester

If you want levels, look me up when I am on. I am not on much, but usually on Wednesday nights. I am currently doing TDS progression, but can be convinced to farm some AAs while you soak in Frontier Mountains with lesson running. Might be boring watching me decimate a sarnak fort alone, but you will gain some good exp while I am leveling up my mage, :)
  16. Junior00 Elder

Twas all in jest, Tolzol and I go back a ways as well. I learned the ways of the berserker from him back when I first returned to EQ.
    Shanarias likes this.
  17. Tolzol Augur

I feel i don’t deserve this abuse lol. What’s happenin man