Need ideas for places to AFK level lvl 75+...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Brumski, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brumski Augur

(Please don't hijack this thread with the arguement of whether or not AFK/merc exp is ok)

I currently park my toons in some out of the way spots in DSH, but the mobs are starting to turn green. I don't want to like the jerks that set up merc camps in the middle of a busy zone or popular camp spot (Like some do at the farm or skeleton in DSH), so any suggestions for AFK merc killing spots would be appreciated. Places that spawn the easier animal type mobs, places that are out of the way (or instances that respawn) would be great. Please indicate the level range it would work as well.
  2. Lighteningrod Augur

3. Sinent Castmore New Member

rofl man you better has a major flame suit cause its incoming !
  4. Warpiggs Augur

Rofl. That's all this thread is worth replying to.
  5. Toquillaw Augur

Well, I guess we can see who is the performer in your group. Maybe try asking the expert in your group for advice, mindless drone though he is. :p
  6. Potawatomi Augur

SoO, noone is ever in that zone. That place would be perfect for your level....
  7. Coltraine Journeyman

I'm not sure what's more pathetic, the OP's question or the fact that ^^ this guy ^^ answered it. :rolleyes:
  8. Coltraine Journeyman

Never mind, my sarcasm detector was broken. Sorry, Pota. OP lol
  9. Pellyweg New Member

He might be trolling. Maybe not. AFK'ers don't bother me as long as they're not doing it in hotzones or in popular camps like the OP said. I actually appreciate the fact that he admits he wants to stay out of people's way. That said, what's the big deal if they do afk? They're just burning plat for very little exp compared to constant grinding or PL'ing.
  10. Gladare Augur

I had a lot of fun messing with afk expers in Katta Castrum. You could try there.
  11. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Katta Castrum is the best spot around 75. Go to one of the elemental camps that spawn on little sets of ruins spread throughout the zone. They are weak con mobs. There is also a bunch of the camps so you won't be stealing anything from anyone. Not that many people go to that zone to begin with.

There is also a kill quest for them which you can grab before you go there, although I don't think it gives much exp.
  12. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I really better never see this in game.
    Dramatime likes this.
  13. Shillingworth Augur

I'm loosing faith that people play games to have fun.
    Dramatime, Potawatomi and Fenthen like this.
  14. Raptorjesus5 Augur

This just in, different things are fun for different people. Shocking I know.
  15. Nolrog Augur

That may be true, but I'd expect whatever you found fun would include you actually participating in it.
    Dramatime, Dexar, Diptera and 4 others like this.
  16. Damascus Elder

what/where is SoO? Stairs of O... no. Secret of O... no.
  17. Vouivre Augur

I enjoy finding unsuspecting afk farmers.
  18. Gnar Augur

I see no issues with this. It has already been stated in the past its not against the rules. It also appears this person is looking for an out of the area spot so as not to cause any disruption. Though the amount of exp gained is minimal compared to actively exping and its a plat sink. Every one plays this game to have fun, if this is how some people enjoy their time or try to relieve the stress of the daily exp grind, more power to them.

I do find it funny that people are posting they mess with these people when they find them. To me thats like saying if you found a sleeping person sitting on a park bench you would kick them because you want to sit there or because you think they should be jogging because thats what you do everyday.
  19. Zahrym Augur

You might want to work on your wording in the future. But honestly just saying 'what are the best grind spots in the game' would net the same responses.

Answer is always yield, what gives the best xp/hour ratio. This can vary depending on changing hotzones, etc. But typically it's what you can kill the fastest that yields xp, which means if you can murder light blues...headshot, assassinate, etc. then you do this. If you have a group of raid geared people you murder the highest levels you can because you probably can't find high enough population anywhere to sustain anything but high con chain-killing, etc.

Some of the zones I like to grind in always seem to attract afk-mercing out of the same principle.

Places like The Hole, Katta, DSH, Field of Scale, Loping plains...These are all great grind spots with repeatable xp quests or bonuses or both. It just happens that good xp zones typically double as good afk merc spots, though I don't practice it myself I don't really care if others do.
  20. Zahrym Augur

If this standard held true EVE online would be a dead game.

The reality is strategy and things that aren't directly impactful are more fun for some, he might get a kick out of only playing 30 minutes a week and still maxing out AA/Levels. For him this might be a challenge & rewarding in that respect. If you're truly too narrow-sighted to realize that maybe your expectations should be kept to yourself.
    Dramatime and Sendori like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.