Test Update 11/07/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 7, 2018.

1. EQ Dev Developer

November 7, 2018

*** Items ***

- If a player purchases item(s) from the marketplace, and all inventory and bank slots are filled, then items will now be placed in Item Overflow instead of causing the purchase to fail.
    - Added a new type of item, lore equipped items. Players can own many of these items, but may only wear one at a time.
    - Corrected the typo on the spell for Lifesoothing Potion
    - Corrected the spelling of several 'Crystalized' items to be 'Crystallized' items.

*** Spells ***

- Added messaging when a spell fails to hit a target due to being in a different environment than the caster.
    - Healing spells now report actual and potential healing to all players in the area. Added an additional chat filter option to turn off heals that land for zero.
    - Paladin - Corrected an inconsistency in the maximum targets hit by the Splash of Sanctification. All ranks are now unlimited as intended.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Changed how guild data works on the server to help alleviate server lag.

*** UI ***

- Added chat messages for player summoned healing auras.
    - Fixed an issue where players with large bags could not open all of their bags at once.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Jaera Augur

Neat, can get some more accurate parsing on who's actually trying to maintain mana.

With filtering this stuff, is there any chance that DoT damage can get changed so it reports at the NPC rather than at the caster? Would make parsing quite nice.
  3. Brohg Augur

better: fights that you are involved in shouldn't have their reporting restricted by range. You, your pet, your group, your raid - just skip the range test - that's all versions of your fight, your client should "see" them.
    svann and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Snowman Augur

Code:
    Neat, can get some more accurate parsing on who's actually trying to maintain mana.
    The last time I had a problem with mana was having too much during vault on the mana check (( but I like the new healing message - or I hope I will ....
  5. Karhar Dream Crusher

For TLP servers this ability is going to change things vs guessing.
  6. Paladin Augur

Test Patch notes narrative says 11/14/18. Were they patched in a week early or a typo? If early, does this also mean live patch will be next week?
  7. kizant Augur

You lose track of what day it is pretty easily when you're working too much.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Not yet you can't.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/server-downtime-november-14th-6-30-am.252559/
    I'm guessing he set the date for Nov. 14 in order to just copy and paste them when it goes live.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Catashe Augur

great another chat filter you can't turn ALL the way off... like the spell emotes from the last patch weren't annoying enough =\
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. kizant Augur

You can give feedback without complaining. They're making a lot of good changes to what gets logged and how. It gives us more info and makes things easier to parse.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

How about you look at it first before complaining and saying something dumb?

The options for Heal Over Time are:

1) Hide - Don't show them at all, for anyone for any amount.
    2) Mine Only - Show ALL HoTs on yourself even if they tick for 0.
    3) Mine (Non-Zero Only) - Show only HoTs on yourself if they tick for more than 0.
    4) Show - Show all HoTs, for everyone, for every amount.
    5) Non-zero - Show all HoTs that tick for more than 0 on everyone.

The options for Heals (Others) are:

1) Hide
    2) Show

The options for Heals (Self) are:

1) Show (All)
    2) Non-zero (>0).

You could never turn off heals on yourself, and you couldn't turn off heals on other people before because you couldn't see them.

You aren't going to get spammed any more than you did before.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

Next up please : in-line reporting of source, type/resist, and magnitude for nonmelee damage! :)

Brohg critically burned Scarymonster with Meteo Rk. II for 2 !
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Criticals soon will be reported.
    Spell name (source) and resist were on my list, but I don't think it's going to happen this time.

I also asked that they change it from "non-melee damage" to "spell damage" because "non-melee" makes it sound second class ><
  15. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

Why not go all the way and change "melee damage" to "non-spell damage". Welcome to Caster Quest (tm). ;)
    /derail off
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Spellfire Augur

No Scent changes :(:(:(:(:(.

Scent of Thule AA casts Scent of Extinction spell (level 107) and Scent of Terris (level 52). I assumed this was merely an oversight since the old Scent of Terris AA was receiving upgrades for years (but the spell itself was not) and I thought this will be corrected. I know dev folks are busy with beta now but I didn't want to have this forgotten. Please can we have Scent of Thule AA updated so it reflects the original values Scent of Terris AA had.

OLD Scent of Terris AA had Poison -128 resist to land on mob, was
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 45
    2: Decrease Fire Resist by 145
    3: Decrease Poison Resist by 145
    4: Decrease Disease Resist by 145
    5: Decrease Corruption Resist by 108
    6: Decrease Magic Resist by 145

Level 52 Scent of Terris spell is Poison -*0* to land on mob
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 9
    2: Decrease Fire Resist by 36
    3: Decrease Poison Resist by 36
    4: Decrease Disease Resist by 36
    Tucoh and menown like this.
  17. mmats Augur

Yup. Scent of Thule and Bite of Tashani need to be reverted. They got butchered
  18. Michael Harbour New Member

Bring back Robe of the Spring
  19. Forcallen Augur

Dzarn isn't gonna fix it as the point was to not have redundant spells/AA lines to save space for whatever the back end AA limit issue was they were having or trying to prevent. It now falls on Aristo to update Scent of Extinction to mirror what Scent of Terris AA was prior, which will happen in months or years if ever. More than likely at this point necros will see no further adjustments and our proc dot AA line will resist 70% of the time and everything else impacted will just become something you don't use as often (big magic dots, our slow, etc) or find other work arounds like boxing a melee to proc these debuffs for you instead. Until the next beta in which the Scent of Extinction upgrade comes along where maybe just maybe we talk him into getting something back but unlikely he adds corruption, fire and magic all back to the levels they were despite what most everyone else has access to in game already.

Something like:
    [56559/9712] Scent of Extinction Rk. III
    Classes: NEC/107
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 403
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Poison -200, Max Resist Chance: 30%<-------- Resist issue fixed, changed to poison.
    Reflectable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 6s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 14m+ (140 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 401 (Before Crit)
    2: Decrease Disease Resist by 145
    3: Limit Max Level: 113 (lose 10% per level)
    4: Limit Effect: Current HP
    5: Limit Resist: Disease
    6: Decrease Poison Resist by 145
    7: Limit Type: Detrimental
    8: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    9: Increase Poison Counter by 45
    10: Limit Resist: Poison
    11: Decrease Fire Resist by 145
    12: Decrease Corruption Resist by 108
    13: Decrease Magic Resist by 145

This AA consolidation path highly favors classes who have stuff out of the blue from AA as they get to keep all the development and design they had from just AA without spell or item devs to "maybe" come back after the fact to fix what got changed. In our case having development for Scent of Terris meant we neglected pushing for Scent of Extinction to do anything but sit in our books never being mem'd and now have nothing to fall back on as we never pushed for it to follow the development path that the Scent of Terris AA did. Unlike some classes who spells kept up with their AA versions so there was little that changed outside of cast time or in some cases resists.
    Tucoh likes this.
  20. Boodie New Member

Something that I have not seen mentioned in regards to this AA is that the Scent of Terris portion of the debuffs is also consuming Gift of Mana procs (treating it as actually casting the spell from spellbook).