Epics still worth it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Valdis2, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Valdis2 New Member

Is it still worth doing the epics 1.0 and 2.0 I'm boxing a bard, sk, and mage and my friends playing a druid wondering what lvl we would be able to get this knocked out at if so thanks
  2. Zamiam Augur

I know SK epic 2.0 is still useful .. doubt mage is and not sure on bards .. also i doubt druid is useful ..
    and this is assuming your @ or above 85 ..
  3. Conq Augur

4. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I still use shaman 2.0 all the time.
  5. Monkman Augur

Sk isn’t an Sk without 2.0, same for bard same for shaman
    Hobs and Coagagin like this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Do them all. It’s fun and a rite of passage type thing at this point.

Also, friends don’t let friends do the 1.0 skipper prequest thing. Those things should be banished to the shadow realm along with the (male) population of Halas, never to return.
    Samanagain and Fantomah like this.
  7. mulila Elder

as a ranger, I keep part of the epic 1.0 "Earthcaller" on me if there isn't a slower in the group, as for the 2.0, If I get the killshot and "spurred by the hunt" is going blocks the clicky "falcon strike". If the spurred is not up I use the clicky it is a boost to crit hits and accurarcy.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Druid 2.0 is completely worthless if you're higher level (95+). At 85, it's 50% effective. So, other than "flavor" and doing it just to do it, no gameplay reason. Again, if you're already higher level. 75 was the max level when implemented, and it's 100% effective at that level.
  9. Yimin Augur

Epic is always worth it ! Even if just for the aug :D

YiMin
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Eriadoc Elder

Bard epic 2.0 is one of the best and is important.
  11. Annastasya Augur

As for the 2.0/2.5s the Bard, Cleric, Necromancer, Shadowknight and Shaman are definitely worthwhile items to have still, at 110. I know much less about the melee epics, so if like the Beserker, Rogue or Monk have still useful clicky effects, i am unaware.

As for the Epic 1.0s, the Ranger's is situationally useful and several of the others are very rarely situationally useful but most of the effects are far outclassed by new spells or AAs. Correct me if i'm wrong. I still carry the cleric 1.0. for very rare situations during raids where i have to battle rez and for whatever reasons have absolutely no way to gain mana after a death. i had it banked until they added a mana cost to the AA rez. Many things have to go very wrong before i have to resort to clicking it.
  12. Brohg Augur

The Unkempt is pretty much the best, though
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The 2.0s are mostly worth it, as the clickies for most of them at least still have a minimal benefit (some have greater benefit than others).
    The 1.0s are mostly just for show, some have very situational uses, but typically there are other options which are superior to them for clickies and benefits.
    If you min-max, then you will definitely want your 2.0 while your 1.0 will depend upon your class.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Again, depending on class. For druid, the 2.0 is useless above 95.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Personally, I would call that a bug; created via copy/pasting. The look of the spell is that the "
    : Limit: Max Level(75) (lose 5% per level over cap)
    " line wasn't supposed to be there. I would almost think that whoever did those removed that line from the wrong pair of spells and just didn't want to admit it, so said it was intended when the first set was discovered; and as a result the issue was extended with the versions of the 2.5. I mean if they removed the line I mentioned then the Druid 2.0 would be worth using as much any other average epic 2.0.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You could very well be correct, it could be a bug/mistake. But, it is the way it is, unfortunately.

I wasn't aware it was the ONLY epic 2.0 with that limitation.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The other clickies for the 2.0s are not based off of Focus Effects; none of the other clickies have level limits on how high they work; they do have % limits and hard number limits for totals though (but the hard number limits were typically added after the 2.0s were out for a few expansions). There is a 1.5/2.0/2.5 whose Focus Effects lack the exact level limit line which the Druid 1.5/2.0/2.5's clicky spell has as I mentioned. That is why I am wondering if someone copy and pasted, then later remembered that they forgot to remove those lines and accidentally removed them from the wrong set.

I would not accept the whole "it is the way it is," the Devs have stated countless times that a bug or mistake is still that and should be corrected regardless of how long it has been in game. The majority of the time this is to the detriment of the playerbase, but this time it would be as a benefit to it. 1% is not an unreasonable increase in most spells; and if the Devs have an issue with that when they fix it they could easily put in a hard cap for the increased amount of damage per spell. Put it up on dgcissuetracker.com that would at least get a look at it from the Devs at some point, I would expect if they were to say no they would at least give an explanation for why they wouldn't make such a change.
  18. a_librarian Augur

It would be nice if the druid epic 2.0 had some enduring caster ADPS similar to the shaman's 2.0 melee ADPS, even if it's much weaker it's fine. Doesn't seem likely since all their design has been based on druids not using this ability at higher levels but interesting to speculate anyway
  19. ForumBoss Augur

SK, bard, sham, cler have good clicks. Some melee may have ok clicks, but I'm not sure how stacking is now.

Some epic 1.0 amd 2.0 look cool, and doing them for the ornament quest prerequisite is worth it. Paladin and sk 1.0s look cool imo.
  20. Tucoh Augur

1.0/2.0 epic

S rank: Bard, Shaman, SK, Necro
    A Rank: Cleric, Ranger, berserker
    B Rank: Warrior, Mage, beastlord
    C Rank: Druid

Unknown: Paladin, rogue, enchanter, wizard, monk

Special mention: Necros should do everything they can to get their 2.5.
    Hobs likes this.