Change keying for 3 month servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Prathun Developer

The design team's efforts are focused on the upcoming expansion pack: The Burning Lands.
    It will be a while before we can consider whether / when / how to address the concerns raised in this thread.
    Ryak likes this.
  2. Brumans Augur

It's almost like there's a reason we brought this up many months ago....
    Bolten_DA likes this.
  3. Kragin Augur

Thanks prathun, we shall carry on.
  4. RainbowCane Elder

Thank you for your response Prathun. The silence was getting a bit worrying. As long as you guys understand that there IS a problem, and it will not go away without some fixing on your end.

Regards,
    Fdiine
  5. Machentoo Augur

Thank you for responding. Please note that Underfoot is where it becomes critical. You have a few months, but only a few.
    Zanarnar likes this.
  6. Roxas MM Augur

thank you for your response Prathun. I think the tlp community is fine with delaying the expansion for a month or so though if needed :rolleyes:.
  7. Punchis-themonk Elder

Thanks for the response! More time in SoD would be welcomed for sure if it is needed to fix Underfoot.

#fixUF
  8. Kazz99 Elder

Thank you for the response! As a community, the silence was becoming more and more worrisome (leading everyone to fear the worst). You have a few months to before this is a real issue, it becomes a show stopper if not corrected before UF. And as suggested, more time in SoD would not be horrible, if it meant getting a UF release prepared for the condensed timeline.
  9. Zenshai New Member

Like others I appreciate the reply--but we've been telling you about these issues for going on what, 9-10 months now?

We started that early because we knew this would be the response when the cycle rolled around for adjusting flags for these compressed expansions with built in flagging delays.
    Rajaah likes this.
  10. Retrospect New Member

If the keying issue can't be resolved is there a temporary fix that would lock the expansions going forward to 3-4 months time frame?

There is no way Underfoot deserves to be a 2 month expansion.

It was fine for previous / older content but going forward the dynamic of keying and game play changes.
    Rajaah likes this.
  11. Polekn Augur

More SoD would be bad, please do not do it. Can double the duration of UF if needed. Remember UF does not increase level cap and SoD content is still relevant in UF.
  12. Dailor Augur

You can still beat all of these expansions if a new one rolls out on time. Y’all need to stop with the “add time” garbage.
    Dythan likes this.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Agree with this. If the choice is between adding time to SOD so they can "fix" underfoot, or just adding the same amount of time to underfoot (which would make the problem largely go away), I'd take the extra time in underfoot.

Even an extra month in underfoot (3 total) would probably be enough for most guilds to get into convorteum, if we work together as we have been for SoF.
    Rajaah and VandilIzer like this.
  14. Ryak Augur

I'm trying to identify the most modest possible changes we could ask for to make this work. I think (1) below is basically the minimum change that would be at all viable.

(1) Non-Level-increase expansions UF+ should remain 3 months instead of being reduced to 2.

(2) Some sort of *modest* change to drop rates only in UF. Something like every kill should have a 50% chance of dropping 1 extra flagging item of the appropriate tier. Honestly, I don't even care about the exact numbers. Just some kind of increase.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Your point being?
  16. a_librarian Augur

Seems like the server has lasted as long as it has because of the 'experience content in era' dynamic. That's 90% of the novelty of the TLP servers once you've progressed past the content you're nostalgic for and into new stuff.
    Ryak likes this.
  17. RainbowCane Elder

Well said a_librarian. That is exactly what makes this type of TLP worthwhile to so many people. I missed a few xpac's here and there, but being able to come back and experience them fully in a short period of time before moving on to the next one has been great.
    Ryak likes this.
  18. Punchis-themonk Elder

Let difficulty gate the content not artificial gates.
  19. Machentoo Augur

This seems like a great idea, until you realize that EQ has had those artificial gates for most of the last ~18 years. There are very few periods in EQ history where artificial gates of one sort or another didn't exist, starting as early as the year 2000 with Kunark.
  20. Ryak Augur

They were indeed invented in Kunark, which is widely considered the worst expansion on TLP so far...

Those time gates were fine, even necessary, in a 1 year per expansion context. Nobody will ever play them in that context again.

But i'm a big believer in the power of incremental change, so feel free just to tweak the drop rates up and it'll probably be ok.