Increased rare spawn rate, my foot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Lilura Augur

So much for increasing rare spawns. 4 hours in Skyfire, not one named. 3 hours in Scorched Woods, not one named. Same as before. And Ive asked other people in General and they are all saying the same thing. The named spawn rate still stinks.
    Brontus likes this.
  2. Daedly Augur

Increased spawn rate does not equal guaranteed spawn rate.

That being said, maybe its already over?
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daedly likes this.
  4. Mediik Augur

Was in Gorowyn this weekend, seemed to be working.

Skyfire is the worst zone.
    Pirlo likes this.
  5. OldCa61 Augur

Last Fri/Sat I got back to back named in Lcea. Almost completed my Hunter. 3 Patriarch Yeti and 3 Matriarch Yeti in a row. Every other named at least once, except Hunter H never showed. Fast forward to Sunday and today....NADA... Only saw and killed Blazing Chicken and the Drikat spider dude. Somebody seems to have turned 'OFF' the manual switch. (Pls turn it back on). Also as a side note, Resonating dust off all mobs has dropped to almost zero ??? Killed 100's of skellies and giants and got just 2 in the last week.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Just up the spell rates next expansion. Ever since DB took over spell drop rates and armor has been terrible compared to before. Im still using some rk1 spells for petes sake,
  7. feeltheburn Augur

as always, it was just smoke and mirrors.
  8. zhay Journeyman

it works - just try harder

zhay
  9. Derd Augur

Definitely working completed our Sky Fire last night. Make sure you're killing all 3 PH.
  10. Gialana Augur

Shard's Landing already had a pretty high named spawn rate. Since the beginning of the month, I've seen many more named, which is actually kind of annoying since they take longer to kill.
  11. Feljar New Member

It’s working. I finished up hunter achievements in FM (5 names), Droga (2 named) and working on chardok, go up to 3 named there as well. Most named
    spawned within 2-4 cycles for me. I think Bloodrinker in FM took me the longest. About 3 hours
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I would tend to agree with this. As a casual who's always a few expansions back, I always get my rank 2s by buying the tokens in the Bazaar. Here we are, almost to the next expac, and everything is still well over 100kpp in the Bazaar, even the lowest level (106) ones. I've just skipped them all, and stuck with rank 1s.

Hopefully they'll do something like they did with TBM, where the tokens there also applied to the previous expac, and were much more accessible.

Tat
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Over hunted every zone in ros and many others since the double spawn rate. I've not experienced lack of names.. if anything and those who constantly hunt with me can attest .. we can't stopped named from spawning unfortunately..
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

There's people with really deep pockets that buy up all the rank 2 spells and mark them up to the prices you see. It makes me sad for people that play the group game :( We all know who it is on Bristlebane and some of us are fighting back but this individual likely has billions in plat. If you know what "Ogre Row" is in the BB bazaar, that's him/her - this person likely pays for all those accounts with Krono - that's how crazy rich he/she is. I often wonder if this person even plays EQ actively or just enjoys being a merchant in EQ so much they just play EQ for the bazaar lol
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Jhenna, that's been my guess as well. I'm on Tunare, but it seems similar. You'll see one person listing the tokens for a particular level, and they have a ton of them.

Unfortunately for them, at least as far as I'm concerned, the boost from rank 1 to rank 2 isn't big enough to justify the cost.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

Hit me up man. I might have some collecting dust you can use. I rarely sell my rank II that drop mostly saving them for future alts or guildmates who are in need.
    snailish likes this.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

Something to keep in mind about increased rare spawns is the initial spawn rate of each named. If a named only has a 1% chance to spawn and we have double spawn rates that named now has a 2% chance to spawn which is still horrible. Personally I like to use increased rare spawns to go after named that have a higher % chance. This was my method back in my heavy farming days. I could collect 100+ pieces of tradable gear in a night. If farming is not your thing but you are working on your hunter use the same method even if it means zone hopping until all of the common and uncommon are done and then go back and work on the rarer named mobs. This might make the process feel a little less demoralizing if in fact you are on a rare named and are getting a little discouraged.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  18. snailish Augur

Spawn rate working for sure.

Old zone I was in I saw every named in less than 3 hours. This is a zone I have literally 100s of hours in the past played in and had never seen one of the named before. Ironically, this rare named isn't on the kill list for the zone, though also not the rarest of the rares on the cycle.

Thank you for putting "rare creature" flag onto older content.