Shaman wishes

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Raccoo, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Tiqou Elder

Are you asking to change the game tick duration? o_O
  2. Brohg Augur

the 6 second ticks were a resource saver back when fights were very slow paced. chopping overtime effects by 6 and applying them each second would be a real nice upgrade for EQ now
    menown likes this.
  3. McDougal Augur

Yeah 'EQ now' is different but dots were a defining and very enjoyable aspect. Miss some of the class defining playstyles that weren't tied to group or raid dps.
  4. Brohg Augur

dots dealing damage more continuously instead of once per 6 seconds would attack that in some way?
    menown and Daedly like this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

More suggesting that hots dont use the games six second tick duration.
  6. Tiqou Elder

You said regen.
    Anyway if you are HoT every sec then you need to get DoT every sec also.
    That's a lot of change.
    Of course everything is possible with ressources but they don't even want to touch the failing evac original old code so they won't touch the core of the game imo.

Btw I agree with you one of the biggest issue in the group game is the over time effects VS mob hp.
    Is it worth to cast a 6sec effect spell while fighting a trash mob killed under 10sec?
    That's why I think there will be more nameds and less trash in this expansion. (It's a guess).
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. McDougal Augur

Wasn't disagreeing with you. More of a lament than anything. Carry on.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Changing both DoT and HoT to be every second would be a huge boon to a lot of classes. It'd be a significant buff to the DoT heavy classes of course.

The only reason I brought up HoTs specifically is because I don't personally pay much heed to HoT spells because of over-heal and infrequency of HoT ticks (along with stacking conflicts), where as even with the tick-long delay in damage, DoTs are still very useful unless you're in a group that kills really fast.

As for the cost of implementation, I agree that's a significant concern. I have no idea how hard it would be to implement a new type of buff/debuff/effect/whatever that procs every second.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Shamans are getting a combo spell that casts:
    Breath of Elkikatar,Vermistipus's Pandemic

and another one that casts
    Scorpikis Blood, Nectar of Suffering, Mawmun's Bite Chance (20% Chance to proc), Nexona's Spear of Venom Chance (20% Chance)

Looking at the new spells I think Shamans get the best new set (those two multi DoTs plus a new swell) of all the classes, at least for me. With my box team running with only the shaman healer I don't have much time to roll out a bunch of DoTs, so being able to even just throw out a new chaotic poison out on the last mob I kill every pull will be pretty valuable.
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I agree. it's amusing to see all the comments about spells/abilities and nothing about shamans. I think there could have been more, but i'm happy with what we got.
  11. bigpapa Augur

well, imo, we should have got them with ROS expansion last year as a eok upgrades,for the combo dot's and swell .

but good to see them for the next expansion tho.....
  12. Maccuul Elder

I can agree it is past time our haste saw an improvement.

Well past time for a group slow proc as well even it is not tgb
    Group Growth as well

Also time to remove the restrictions on rez in combat. Make it expensive but please just do it.
    With item clicks, mercs etc. It seems silly to keep that restriction these days.

Really should help us retire the FD ring too with an AA version.
    Not overpowered in today's game especially since there are potions as well.
    Even if you made the ring a requirement for the aa it would be an improvement.

As for the malo etc cast spells the "best of" up to current spell level is ideal.
    The same should go for our roar line with hot and procs.
    All "combo" spells/aa should best of up to current level.
    This should also apply to ae spells/debuffs.
    We also have a stacking issue with incapacity hot that could be solved or made a best of

Our unity self buff aa should include not only pack of, but Ward of, Preincarnation, Growth on self, slow proc on self, tala on self
    Kind of sad it is only one lonely spell atm.
  13. Jetslam Augur

If they were to do this (which they won't), then dots and hots would have to have their per-tick amount decreased to 1/6. Otherwise you'd have both suddenly doing 6x their current amount which would be extrememly OP.
    Tucoh likes this.