Beta Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tiggold, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Tiggold Augur

If the Beta reward is not the Djinn illusion I will be a woman scorned and you won't hear the end of it.

On a side note: Fantastic djinn models! I really was not expecting to log in and see such beautiful skins. Truly amazing artwork for the code you're working with.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

It's the hat on old man in pok on beta, they also showed it on stream
  3. Tiggold Augur

I just want to die now :( So a cloth Cinnabun...on my head, Nope!
    Slackmage and Barton like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

It's been a mix of hats and illusions the past few expansions.

Off the top of my head (in on particular order): Cube illusion, pirate hat, cactus hat, yeti illusion
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I wouldn't rule out a Djinn illusion for "All Access" subscribers sometimes around launch date or at some point in 2019 - which would actually be better as to include more players imo. It is also possible that a chase item or enchanter spell will cast the Djinn illusion.

EQ2's expansion pre-order offers a Djinn/Jann illusion with major stat buff. EQ2's basic edition also includes a Level 110 Heroic Character and mercenary feature if that interests you.
  6. Zamiam Augur

thats what im hoping for an Illusion for All Access around expansion release or chase item that has a Djinn or snail illusion.. thats DB's only saving grace :p
    Benito likes this.
  7. eqgamer Augur

And y’all complained about the cactus hat...not so bad now, eh?

I “try” not to whine about eq stuff because I’m very thankful the game is still here . The projected beta reward has left me wondering who thought it was...appealing? Nice? Colorfull? I don’t get it. /shrug
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We decide to give you Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar's hat (that is the NPC we took shots of for art to make the hat)
    There is an issue with making the Jann model an illusion. It's HUGE and takes up a ton of memory. And memory is already a problem.
    There are 30 versions of that model in one file.
    What we are doing for the mercenaries, and the few enchanter illusions is... we made a second NPC, that uses only 6 of the models, and thus less memory. The side effect is, it doesn't have much variety to allow is to use it in tons of places.

While we understand many people want it, we also believe that the premier illusion class should get it before we give it to "everyone."
    Daedly likes this.
  9. Risiko Augur

Hence the reason we need DBG working on EverQuest Remastered, so things like this aren't confined to a 20 year old game engine (albeit a heavily modified 20 year old game engine).

EverQuest Remastered. The only way to guarantee 20 more years of EverQuest.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Daedly like this.
  10. Zamiam Augur

hogwash
  11. feeltheburn Augur

a hat? really?
  12. Karhar Dream Crusher

Need to rename myself to Chef Karhar Boyardee
  13. Zapsos Augur

Will the Beta reward hat be claimable on TLPs?
  14. Karhar Dream Crusher

I can claim the TBM Beta Hat on TLP
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Beta rewards and Pre Order rewards have been basically nothings for a while. I seriously don't think either are worth any time being spent in creating them but maybe some people live and die for them.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

It's a cool bonus for helping out testing things. I'm glad it's not any sort of power increase, which would effectively make beta required if you want to max your toon.
  17. Zamiam Augur

wear your cap/hat proudly ;)
  18. Bigstomp Augur

I do
  19. shiftie Augur

So what you are saying is project illusion on everyone in a zone to purposely crash the zone ... gotcha
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I asked this in my EQ2 expac thread but would it be possible to craft an illusion item using the vanilla EQ Efreeti - Noble Dojorn - model? (I beg your pardon of my ignorance if that is included in the 30 versions or involves intensive work).