Snail Mount! era flagging of /claim

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snailish, Oct 31, 2018.

1. snailish Augur

Dreams do come true. (snail mount). Many of the offerings of the collector versions of the new expac that are allowed on progression are pretty nice.

I can even accept that the mount is too "new looking" to be available statless in an era prior to TBL expac on progression (though does anyone really care about that post TSS?)

However, some of the other claim looks could maybe get flagged a bit earlier (statless)? After all, I can buy a new model worg mount rather early on progression, but my Kunark Rhino isn't allowed? I realize posting this will cause someone to say "What about LoN stuff?" --well some of that could be allowed at different earlier times (statless as needed)?

Snail mount probably causes me to buy full collector's edition even though I am playing only on Agnarr [my forum name after all...] but some of these things being locked out until later eras deter people from buying.

I shouldn't buy the full collector's edition based on the server & content I am using... but snail mount... wow.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

I could see them adding slugs to the store with no buffs, but who knows.
    snailish likes this.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Nah, defeats the point of the collector's edition. Unless the stats on the snail are better than any other mount...
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The mounts are NOT stat-less.
    And yes, the buff on the snail is the current highest stats offered on a mount.
    snailish likes this.
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

I wouldn't want one with the crazy buffs on Agnarr (obviously you couldn't have those buffs on TLPs), but I suuuuure would like to ride around on a snail with my itty bitty cleric.

On a side note: Bonus points for trolling if you make the mount super slow.
  6. doah Augur

7. Coirnavshadowknight Journeyman

$140 for the highest stat mount...sounds a little p2win no?

Oh yea and a 40 slot bag...
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

9. jeskola pheerie

10. snailish Augur

Yep.

As some familiars are available much earlier than their buff/stats... we'd love to see some of the mounts earlier on progression following that model. Snail mount being the best statted mount, makes sense that its buff could be set to a later era than other /claim or marketplace buff-giving mounts.

If progression was devoid of heroe's forge and other newer graphics I would 100% agree with no snail looks early... but I'm not sure the majority of players want that purity, vs. getting more looks to things (mounts, familiars, illusions).

Snailing across the moon would be fun.